News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond bus reviews

Started by Trident 4194, March 19, 2015, 06:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

I had 30880 on the 4H yesterday. No faults it seemed, plenty of acceleration and power and made good time. It seems these Volvos are very temperamental as the other day I caught 30808 and that was also a good bus not struggling in the slightest, yet if I get them this week they are probably ruined again.

Jack

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 22, 2018, 09:12:30 PM
I had 30880 on the 4H yesterday. No faults it seemed, plenty of acceleration and power and made good time. It seems these Volvos are very temperamental as the other day I caught 30808 and that was also a good bus not struggling in the slightest, yet if I get them this week they are probably ruined again.
I had 30808 yesterday and if you read my review I had an awful ride.

Have you ridden 30952? @Trident 4194

Trident 4194

Quote from: Jack on July 22, 2018, 09:21:18 PM
I had 30808 yesterday and if you read my review I had an awful ride.

Have you ridden 30952? @Trident 4194

I've ridden all of them, 30952 is one of the better ones from what I recall. 30413 is the the best b7rle in the fleet for acceleration

Jack

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 22, 2018, 09:38:42 PM
I've ridden all of them, 30952 is one of the better ones from what I recall. 30413 is the the best b7rle in the fleet for acceleration
Yes, 30952 is a good one. Never ridden 30413. 30502 and 30816 are fast ones and better than the Royales.

30509 is the best B7RLE Tividale have for acceleration. 30508, 30813/4/5 were also very good at Tividale.
30856 is the worst for acceleration.

Jack

20050 - Baby Solo

Stupid idea to put this on the 4. When I got on it was half full and by the the time we was at Stone Cross there was a standing load! Smart little baby bus, good suspension, brakes a little naff, not very good acceleration. Was struggling with a full load right to Walsall. Not a bad bus but is suited to quieter routes - 4/10

30886 - Big Dart

I deceided to get on this as I've not ridden it since it was 29 branded, it's also recently returned to service after being off for a while awaiting a new engine. This thing can fly now, it use to be an awful bus after its new engine it seems like they've fixed up. Only issue was the slow doors. Just as good as the Ex-Central big Dart's! - 9/10

MW

30030 - Mercedes Citaro

Had this all day yesterday on the 50. ( https://flic.kr/p/29wjZbb )

It's a very relaxing bus to drive. I thought it'd be a bit of a handful as it was inner city as oppose to its usual home of the country lanes between Solihull & Coventry.

Very powerful. Pulling up Bradford Street. Actually had a bit of a, I won't use the word race, but yeah whatever you call it with a BY Scania on the 17 and smoked it lol.

It's not fast off the line but when it's going, the power is there and it's not gutless. For it to accelerate as forceful yet smooth as it was on an incline up Bradford Street where Streetlites struggle, yeah it's definitely got power. The suspension is also very smooth. Handles bumps in the road well.

It is too big for the 50 though. There's a lot of street furniture on the route close to the road, and I had to be very careful with the rear overhang. Felt very tight at times. The front nearside mirror was one to watch too. Almost hit a bent phonebox leaning into the road with it, as I pulled up to the bus stop.

Had a lot of positive comments though. Mainly people shocked that it's a Diamond Bus.

But yeah, good bus. Nice drive. I think I prefer these to Scania Omnilinks now. Oh and it's the first bus I've ever driven with an electric front drivers window, and proper cup holder like you'd get in a van.

Trident 4194

20733-229 what a Great route if you get a fast bus. Sounds feisty on tickover, and the acceleration on that thing is tremendous. The engine sound is nice and loud. Maintains speed well and all interior matching. What a machine. Go as far as to say that's diamonds finest bus.

DJ

20511 - A bit tatty inside and very rattly but the engine sounds great and it's flying up hills on the 287. I certainly approve of it.  ;)

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

I love Walsall buses

20745 well can I start with this bus
1. I think it needs a gearbox as it's rattly and going very slow

2. Doors won't open driver tried roughly about 7 times just to get the doors open as they were stuck

3.considering it goes on the manor hospital route after and for a person who might come out of work or visiting someone certainly doesn't want to hear this bus

4.brakes are really squeaky and noisy

@Simon Dunn could u do anything about this

Trident 4194

Quote from: I love Walsall buses on February 04, 2019, 08:44:17 PM

2. Doors won't open driver tried roughly about 7 times just to get the doors open as they were stuck

3.considering it goes on the manor hospital route after and for a person who might come out of work or visiting someone certainly doesn't want to hear this bus

I don't think the company have a maintenance team.

P419 EJW

20735 has also got the squeaky brakes. It's very loud and screechy.

Trident 4194

Must say the optare products have a great heating system for the cold weather. Often like saunas! The igo solo SR have a terrific heating system.

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: Trident 4194 on February 04, 2019, 09:40:55 PM
Must say the optare products have a great heating system for the cold weather. Often like saunas! The igo solo SR have a terrific heating system.

Some of them Igo SRs were previously in Malta so wouldn't have needed much heating there, that's why they have air conditioning pods on the roof  ;)

Jack

Quote from: P419 EJW on February 04, 2019, 09:16:30 PM
20735 has also got the squeaky brakes. It's very loud and screechy.
So does 20736!

Trident 4194

I went on this bus today, was quite a fast solo imo and the brakes weren't squeaky st all. The doors are body though

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk