News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond bus reviews

Started by Trident 4194, March 19, 2015, 06:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reece

Quote from: the trainbasher on April 02, 2015, 11:07:47 PM
Urban 90s aren't any good for someone of my proportions...now bench seats:)

I know them Urban 90 seat are like seating on rocks!

Tony

Quote from: Metrorider on April 02, 2015, 10:48:15 PM
There was one of Diamonds a while back (Volvo B7) that would do a fair bit more than 62mph. Diamonds Volvos in general are limited to 52, the older darts generally aren't limited but you'd be brave to do more than 50mph in a dart (most wont even get to 50mph). One very noticeable exception was 20505, I'm not going to post on a public forum what speeds that thing could do given a decent run (dual carriageway, m/way ect) but I'll say it was a fair bit more than 50mph  ;)

I hope your not saying your employer of the time didn't have speed limiters on vehicles capable of more than 62mph (eg the B7) as that is an instant PG9 and could also invoke a PI?

Metrorider

To be fair once it was discovered there was a problem it was sorted out straight away. I'm pretty sure it would of had a speed limiter as the rest of the fleet did, I'm guessing it had a temporary problem at the time?

20505 could get up to about 58mph which for a dart is going some  8)
Paul.

Trident 4194

30409- absolutely shocking, whilst it's been on the 301/302 it has been vandalised heavily, black tape along the leather seat heads, they generally lack power, got to be the worst buses at tividale, can't believe the state of them

2/10

Reece

Review: 20519
Route: 142

I had the joy of having a ride on 20519 on the 142 twice in one day yesterday but the return journey between Halesowen Bus Station and Stourbridge Junction was the worst. It started with a crawl up the bank leaving Halesowen I could of got off and walked faster! Then later in the journey 20519 turned off beecher road onto beecher street which the 142 only surveys in the Stourbridge direction. Basically beecher street is like a smaller version of a very steep bank called sion hill in Kidderminster. As soon as the 142 turned onto beecher street it started to struggle then began the very long crawl up the hill jerking in and out of gear. It did make it to the top in the end.

3/10

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Reece on April 05, 2015, 11:53:46 AM
Review: 20519
Route: 142

I had the joy of having a ride on 20519 on the 142 twice in one day yesterday but the return journey between Halesowen Bus Station and Stourbridge Junction was the worst. It started with a crawl up the bank leaving Halesowen I could of got off and walked faster! Then later in the journey 20519 turned off beecher road onto beecher street which the 142 only surveys in the Stourbridge direction. Basically beecher street is like a smaller version of a very steep bank called sion hill in Kidderminster. As soon as the 142 turned onto beecher street it started to struggle then began the very long crawl up the hill jerking in and out of gear. It did make it to the top in the end.

3/10

Let's hope it never gets to Kidderminster!! #awful

Westy

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 04, 2015, 06:27:47 PM
30409- absolutely shocking, whilst it's been on the 301/302 it has been vandalised heavily, black tape along the leather seat heads, they generally lack power, got to be the worst buses at tividale, can't believe the state of them

2/10

While I could probably understand this for a evening service, surely there's no way they couldve been vandalised on the Bloxwich routes during the daytime?

There is enough passengers on those during the day as potential witnesses!

Trident 4194

20573- on 142 today- absolutely terrible bus. The amount of vibrations coming from this thing, was worse than NX 99 branded e200. It was slow as it was euro 2 engined.

3/10

Trident 4194

30825- great bus, has an aeroplane sounding engine, is comfortable. Diamonds best buses by far. Sometimes there on 4H

Trident 4194

Quote from: Matt on May 13, 2015, 05:27:39 PM
30828 wants mechanical attention.

I've been up the hill faster on my bike!!!

Reece

Review: 20654
Route: 4A

I had the joy of having a ride on 20654 V654 HEC on Wednesday evening on the last 4A of the day in Kidderminster. Absolutely shocking this bus has a serious electrical fault/problem ever time the doors open only one door will open and then when the one door is shut. A very loud whining noise is coming from the electrical power box and the internally lights don't work as well. And the seats desperately need re-padding and re-trimming because the actual metal parts of the seat we're sticking into my back OUCH!! >:(

1/10

Trident 4194

Quote from: Reece on July 26, 2015, 07:36:31 PM
Review: 20654
Route: 4A

I had the joy of having a ride on 20654 V654 HEC on Wednesday evening on the last 4A of the day in Kidderminster. Absolutely shocking this bus has a serious electrical fault/problem ever time the doors open only one door will open and then when the one door is shut. A very loud whining noise is coming from the electrical power box and the internally lights don't work as well. And the seats desperately need re-padding and re-trimming because the actual metal parts of the seat we're sticking into my back OUCH!! >:(

I remember when they used to be on the 142, they were actually really quick and I actually enjoyed them. 20658 was my favourite.

Anyway 30858-
Route: 4H
These are so slow at pulling away and really seem to struggle uphill.

30455- caught on 142 never been on a long dart as fast as this. It has a good pickup speed and was happy with the bench seats, although I don't mind urban 90

Tara4352

Review 30214
Route 4H

Good bus all round but the seats were vandalised somewhat and when we left a bus stop the doors didnt close straight away and driver nearley hit a black audi on way into walsall so was a bit dangerous and was very rude to woman who got off
Bus 7/10
Suspension 2/10
Brakes 0/10

Tara4352

Review : 20869
Route   : 226
Had this and it was terrible
Bus 0/10

Liberator9

Thought I should add some Versas to the list, and review my opinion on MFZ, MFX and MFV!

MFX - The best Solo SR now - had new turbos fitted so is very good at accelerating now. Engine/gearbox smooth, suspension very good and not much rattling. Still smart outside and inside, although black gaffer tape wrapped round one seat on the rear penultimate row to hide vandal damage. 9/10

MFZ - Getting ever slower - needs new turbos badly. Now struggling badly up the hills. Annoying rattle developed at the back from the rear panel fittings on the rear wall partition. Needs the screws tightening. Suspension good/engine and gearbox good too - just needs to be faster                  7/10

MFV - With its "new" engine fitted from an older Solo, it's going along well. Sounds more like MFY now. Not too much rattling, and pretty smooth. Although the gearbox did jolt the other day at one point when starting off. 8/10

MFY - Still pretty much the same - smooth running, but noisy due to the cooling fan still going. Still not the fastest up hills, but goes along well on flatter roads! 8/10

61CHH - Versa - First time in a while ridden this - fairly good - bit rattly, and cooling fan was on. However smooth running, and decent suspension.  7/10

YJ12GUF - Sounded awful - sounds more like a failing jet engine at the minute. Suspension was jolting and rough - fairly rattly as a result. Not especially smooth either engine wise.    5/10

YJ12GTY - Excellent one - suspension spot on, runs along nicely and is smart. 9/10

YJ12GTZ - Pretty good Versa - suspension is fine, and not too rattly. Eye catching with the vinyls, although it seems some windows have been windows and no new vinyl applied, so looks a bit odd.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk