News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Tividale

Started by the trainbasher, January 23, 2015, 03:30:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DJ on November 24, 2021, 07:24:21 PM
The 'scrap' vehicles were all cleared out a while ago, it's being used for regular fleet parking whilst resurfacing work is ongoing at the main yard. It has been secured with new fencing and other measures, just in case the scrotes return with their lighters for round 3!

It would actually be round 4!

The work on the yard hasn't quite finished.  A controlled barrier will be fitted during the first week of December and shortly we will revert to car parking on John Street a all the bus parking back on Hallbridge Way

Anything is possible.  However, we have tried to put measures in place to stop vandalism. 

DJ

Quote from: Simon Dunn on November 24, 2021, 07:28:45 PM
It would actually be round 4!

The work on the yard hasn't quite finished.  A controlled barrier will be fitted during the first week of December and shortly we will revert to car parking on John Street a all the bus parking back on Hallbridge Way

Anything is possible.  However, we have tried to put measures in place to stop vandalism.

Ah, forgive me for losing count! The John Street yard definitely feels more secure now though, I won't go into the measures for obvious reasons though as this is a public forum.

Is the plan for a pedestrian crossing on the main road still going ahead? I recall there being work at the main Hallbridge Way yard to add in some stairs and a new gate, replacing the side entrance by the wash.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DJ on November 25, 2021, 11:45:07 AM
Ah, forgive me for losing count! The John Street yard definitely feels more secure now though, I won't go into the measures for obvious reasons though as this is a public forum.

Is the plan for a pedestrian crossing on the main road still going ahead? I recall there being work at the main Hallbridge Way yard to add in some stairs and a new gate, replacing the side entrance by the wash.

We have never planned to introduce a crossing.  We are planning to introduced gates both sides of the road

Simon

DJ

Quote from: Simon Dunn on November 25, 2021, 12:54:06 PM
We have never planned to introduce a crossing.  We are planning to introduced gates both sides of the road

Simon

Ah right, serves me right for listening to drivers then! Still, that'll make the walk between the two yards a bit easier.

Solo1

One of the 16 branded on 50 tonight

PinkBus

Quote from: DJ on November 25, 2021, 07:04:08 PM
Ah right, serves me right for listening to drivers then! Still, that'll make the walk between the two yards a bit easier.

A lot of drivers use the side gate in Britannia Street just before the canal bridge, that's the way my husband usually walks from the car park on the days he takes my car. He'll be pleased if gates are going to be installed at the car park and traffic office though, bit shorter walk.

I used to like watching the buses return to the car park on John Street, while waiting to pick my husband up from his shift. Especially the one who at the start of November displayed Merry Christmas on his destination board!
Just sitting here
Watching the Outer Circle buses
Go round and round...

Simon Dunn

Quote from: PinkBus on December 02, 2021, 06:33:45 AM
A lot of drivers use the side gate in Britannia Street just before the canal bridge, that's the way my husband usually walks from the car park on the days he takes my car. He'll be pleased if gates are going to be installed at the car park and traffic office though, bit shorter walk.

I used to like watching the buses return to the car park on John Street, while waiting to pick my husband up from his shift. Especially the one who at the start of November displayed Merry Christmas on his destination board!

The gates are already installed, so you should be able to see them. 

The Barrier on the entrance is due to be installed around 9th December.  After which all three exits need access control.  It feels like it should be completed this side of Christmas

Simon

DJ

Quote from: PinkBus on December 02, 2021, 06:33:45 AM

November's a bit late, 30963 was sat at Showbus back in September with it on the blinds!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/145803459@N06/51551409199/

PinkBus

Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 02, 2021, 12:15:31 PM
The gates are already installed, so you should be able to see them. 

The Barrier on the entrance is due to be installed around 9th December.  After which all three exits need access control.  It feels like it should be completed this side of Christmas

Simon

Ah, that's why he had his photo taken for a i.d. badge last week then, I did wonder when he mentioned it. I'll have a look later on when I go and pick him up.
Just sitting here
Watching the Outer Circle buses
Go round and round...

Solo1

An6 one what wrong  20989  as not Ben out for weeks thanks

Stu

Quote from: Solo1 on December 13, 2021, 01:36:32 PM

Any chance you could repeat that in English?   ::)
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Solo1 on December 13, 2021, 01:36:32 PM
I would hazard a guess if hes asking there whereabout of 20989 as its not been out for ages

Solo1

Quote from: Solo1 on December 13, 2021, 01:36:32 PMreposted  corrected
Any one what wrong  20989  as not been out for weeks thanks

winston

There were two allover white DF Streetlites parked in Tividale depot earlier, not sure Hotel Hoppa's now devoid of Diamond logos or new additions to the fleet

BN

Quote from: winston on December 16, 2021, 11:55:37 PM
There were two allover white DF Streetlites parked in Tividale depot earlier, not sure Hotel Hoppa's now devoid of Diamond logos or new additions to the fleet
2 LWB all over white streetlites together come through halesowen last night, heading up to manor way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk