News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

584X

Started by the trainbasher, May 08, 2014, 05:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s94

Indeed, the NWM timetable links above still work. Weirdly the 583X should be around Lye at 5pm not Saltwells. It was the 584X which went this way. The 584X should have been seen where I saw it around 5pm though too. How odd.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: s94 on September 23, 2015, 06:35:03 PM
Indeed, the NWM timetable links above still work. Weirdly the 583X should be around Lye at 5pm not Saltwells. It was the 584X which went this way. The 584X should have been seen where I saw it around 5pm though too. How odd.

The registrations of the 583X and 584X were both cancelled from 15 May 2015 so the services shouldn't be running at all, should they?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

s94

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 23, 2015, 06:43:25 PM
The registrations of the 583X and 584X were both cancelled from 15 May 2015 so the services shouldn't be running at all, should they?
Precisely, neither should be running at all really I would have thought! Unless it is coincidence and Abbey Coaches (presuming it was them) have never removed the numbers from the window but 5 months since their withdrawal you would think this would have been done by now. lol.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: s94 on September 23, 2015, 06:46:32 PM
Precisely, neither should be running at all really I would have thought! Unless it is coincidence and Abbey Coaches (presuming it was them) have never removed the numbers from the window but 5 months since their withdrawal you would think this would have been done by now. lol.

Plus don't Abbey Coaches now reside in Handsworth, so bit odd one of there coaches would be around here especially with route number 583X
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

s94

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 23, 2015, 06:50:18 PM
Plus don't Abbey Coaches now reside in Handsworth, so bit odd one of there coaches would be around here especially with route number 583X
Not aware of their move but if so then that is indeed even more odd. Will try and look out for it again over the next couple of days.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: s94 on September 23, 2015, 06:52:00 PM
Not aware of their move but if so then that is indeed even more odd. Will try and look out for it again over the next couple of days.

See here

http://findthestop.co.uk/routes/view/12339

s94

Lo and behold just seen the 583x go past Saltwells again just now - same coach as yesterday. No body seems to be on it unsurprisingly. Rather ghostly service this is turning to be... Lol.

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

White coach on the 584x running through Dudley Port 7AM this morning

s94

Thanks for this info Matt. If there are no active registrations for this service then should it not be running at all?

Steveminor

Just a thought maybe it's turned into a private contract service so can retain the number for reference purposes but would be unavailable to members of the general public.  2 questions
1, has the bus got a ticket machine on it?
2, has anyone tried hailing the bus & see if it stops?
That may hold a key to the riddle.

s94

Indeed fair point. School services arent usually displayed on the flags/bus stop timetables though I presume if it was registered last year, the public could have got on.

More to the point, which school/place does this even serve for? Cant think where the demand would be down here for a school up in Great Bridge way?

Stuharris 6360

It starts from Great Bridge on a morning and goes/went to Whitmore Reans, Paget Road.

Looking at it, the City Of Wolverhampton college is close by. but just seems strange a very strange route whatever way you look at it!

s94

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 25, 2015, 06:57:11 PM
It starts from Great Bridge on a morning and goes/went to Whitmore Reans, Paget Road.

Looking at it, the City Of Wolverhampton college is close by. but just seems strange a very strange route whatever way you look at it!
Ahh I got it the wrong way round. Oopps. Lol. But yes the route is just so bizarre. Not direct at all if you live near Great Bridge. But that doesn't matter as no one uses it! Lol.

Wumpty

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 25, 2015, 06:57:11 PM

They operate school services for Wolverhampton Girls High School. The routes do meander somewhat and change according to where students live.
Autofare 3 - the ticket that laughs in the face of contactless!

Steveminor

So its now an unregistered school service not available to general public.  That solves the mystery.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk