News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Arriva New Bus Orders 2014/15

Started by Wolves256, April 08, 2014, 09:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stuartn

10 Enviro400's are also due for South Wigston services 47/48 later this year, sadly not sapphire though :(

The streetlite in Leicester isn't too bad but it's not the best for comfort.

Bob

Bob

The figure of 18 might be incorrect.  Arriva were present at a meeting at cannock chase council and it was stated that they have/will be investing in 14 new buses this year, seven for pye greens and seven gor the cannock to walsall route. That would suggest that only the 1 is being upgraded. It would make sense as well. Why would they be putting brand new 45 seat full size buses on the 2/2A both of which often dont even half fill an mpd?

Interestingly in the meeting minutes its noted that concerns were raised about the 'punctuality and particularly reliability of some of the vehicles used'. Doesn't say what arriva said in response though....

John

Quote from: bob on April 08, 2014, 10:22:52 PM
And I wonder where the tamworth citylinx b9tls will end up. Four or so would be perfect to upgrade the 74/75 both of which can have standing loads in the peaks

I do agree with that. The one I went on Saturday was a standing load too

Bob

Id say that the staffords are busier than other routes they use or waste them on. Busier than the 10 in wolves.  And busier than the 7 in lichfield which often used to get a decker and I believe sometimes still does. And busier than the 110 a fair bit of the time. In fact ive been on it loads of times in the supposedly busiest Sutton section and the top decks always been nearly empty

winston

Quote from: bob on April 09, 2014, 12:23:56 AM
The figure of 18 might be incorrect.  Arriva were present at a meeting at cannock chase council and it was stated that they have/will be investing in 14 new buses this year, seven for pye greens and seven gor the cannock to walsall route. That would suggest that only the 1 is being upgraded. It would make sense as well. Why would they be putting brand new 45 seat full size buses on the 2/2A both of which often dont even half fill an mpd?

Interestingly in the meeting minutes its noted that concerns were raised about the 'punctuality and particularly reliability of some of the vehicles used'. Doesn't say what arriva said in response though....

Hmmm,

I wonder if they're intending to ship the Commanders out of Cannock that have only recently upgraded the Pye Greens once the Streetlites arrive? If that is the case the Streetlites aren't going to make as big an impact in terms of seeing off elderly unreliable Darts

arrifirststage

Is it not possible,or even likely,that there will be a new 30 minute service Stafford-Cannock-Walsall with additional 30 minute shorts Cannock- Walsall making a 15 minute Walsall- Cannock section with the whole thing being Sapphirised (if there is such a word).
This would require possibly the 18 buses quoted.

winston

Are those 236 new buses all that Arriva are ordering during 2014?

Based on a fleet strength of 5,900 buses that's pretty poor, at those quantities it implies a 25 year vehicle life. Realistically, the quantity of new buses required to keep up with other groups should be more in the region of 450 new buses.

That level of investment is someway behind Arriva's peers i.e. Stagecoach, First Group & NX

arrivaaston

I don'think 18 streetlites will be placed at cannock, atleast 9 will, 5 for the 1, 4 2/2A, friend of mine in the know has told me that 2209/2268/2274/2276/2277 will be staying

Bob

arrivaaston

I'm guessing 2264, 89,90,91,92,93 or they could go stafford and replace Y reg darts there

2200 Bus

They have the Decker on the 7's in Burton because of the schools.

I think a couple of more Deckers cascaded from Tamworth perhaps would be welcome at Burton because the number 1 Burton-Uttoxeter often gets an uncomfortable looking standing load...

Bob

So do the 74/5.... but to be fair burton cant have deemed deckers necessary as theyve only got two left..

stuartn

Weren't the Ex London VLW's 4015-4018 at Burton shipped off to Derby as they were unreliable?

Bob

Yes and exchanged with four 58 plates at derby. But two went back to derby.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk