News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arriva New Bus Orders 2014/15

Started by Wolves256, April 08, 2014, 09:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolves256

The order for 2014 was announced officially today:-
CONFIRMED ORDER 09/04/14

94 ADL Enviro 400 - 58/94
6 Midlands (Derby) - service 38 SAPPHIRE
10 Midlands (Tamworth) - service 110 SAPPHIRE
6 North East (Ashington) - service X18 MAX
6 North East (Ashington) - service X21/X22 SAPPHIRE
9 North West (Southport) - service 375/385
19 North West (Speke) -
2 Shires (Aylesbury) - service 280 SAPPHIRE

40 ADL Enviro 200 - 31/40
23 Yorkshire (Belle Isle) - big in Wakefield
8 Yorkshire (Castleford)

70 Wright Streetlite Max MH - 79/70
18 - Midlands (Cannock) - service 1/2/2a SAPPHIRE
8 North East (Jesmond) - service 306
2 North East (Ashington) - service 35/35a
5 North East (Durham) - service 23
10 North East (Stockton) - service 5/5a SAPPHIRE
14 North East (Redcar) - service X3/X4 SAPPHIRE
11 Shires (Garston) - service 321 SAPPHIRE
11 S.Counties (?) -
Possible orders for Wales?
Some of these must be the shorter (standard) version...

27 Wright Streetlite MH - 0/27

5 Optare Versa - 5/5
5 Yorkshire Tiger

As you can see, still plenty to be confirmed!

winston

Blimey, Arriva are putting a large nunber of buses in to Cannock finally. That's getting on for a third of their allocation.

PM

Quote from: Winston on April 08, 2014, 09:35:38 PM
Blimey, Arriva are putting a large nunber of buses in to Cannock finally. That's getting on for a third of their allocation.

Glad there are a fair few coming up to the north rast. Mind you it is more than needed to compete with Go Ahead.

Bob

18 though?  That cant be right?  Unless the frequencies are being doubled???

Bob

Looks like theyve stopped ordering Pulsars too. ..

Trident 4609

And bob said only Cannock could upgrade to Sapphire with Streetlites..... ;). Appears not!

Bob

Lol I was only going on what other people have said about Streetlites on here. Are they really as bad as what people say they are?  I know theyre supposed to be really noisy.  I bet the Leicester one ends up at cannock.  Wonder what theyre gonna replace? I could see most Darts going. Wonder what theyll do with the current route 1 buses

Trident 4609

Quote from: bob on April 08, 2014, 10:19:45 PM
Lol I was only going on what other people have said about Streetlites on here. Are they really as bad as what people say they are?  I know theyre supposed to be really noisy.  I bet the Leicester one ends up at cannock.  Wonder what theyre gonna replace? I could see most Darts going. Wonder what theyll do with the current route 1 buses

I would imagine the Route 1 SB200's would either transfer out to other garages or transfer onto other routes therefore withdrawing more buses (Darts I would imagine). Maybe they will be refurbished also?

Bob

And I wonder where the tamworth citylinx b9tls will end up. Four or so would be perfect to upgrade the 74/75 both of which can have standing loads in the peaks

Bob

18 buses tho for the 1/2/2a? Im sure the current max required for all 3 routes together is like 9 or 10 buses

Trident 4609

Quote from: bob on April 08, 2014, 10:22:52 PM
And I wonder where the tamworth citylinx b9tls will end up. Four or so would be perfect to upgrade the 74/75 both of which can have standing loads in the peaks

Are there any other routes that the B9TL's can go onto at Tamworth?

Maybe the others will be 'spares' allocated to other Cannock Routes maybe with standard spec interior?

Bob

Quote from: Nathan on April 08, 2014, 10:22:24 PM
Quote from: bob on April 08, 2014, 10:19:45 PM

I would imagine the Route 1 SB200's would either transfer out to other garages or transfer onto other routes therefore withdrawing more buses (Darts I would imagine). Maybe they will be refurbished also?

They need refurbing definitely.  But 3704 sounds like its on its way out.  I hope its goodbye Darts myself. Horrible s☆★☆★☆d  things lol

Bob

Quote from: Nathan on April 08, 2014, 10:25:20 PM

Maybe the others will be 'spares' allocated to other Cannock Routes maybe with standard spec interior?

Wouldn't of thought theyd be needed on locals.  Or the 116. Dunno about the lichfield tamworth Nuneaton service

winston

Quote from: Nathan on April 08, 2014, 10:25:20 PM

I'd have thought they may go to Leicester or Derby

Bob

Yea probably.  Theyve got an aversion to operating deckers at cannock.  Even though the staffords are probably their busiest interurban route.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk