News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Buses on TV

Started by Trident 4609, December 24, 2013, 09:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

A section of Small Heath was just shown on Central News, shows a 41** Trident which the Geo news/Channel Urda mega rear and an E400 on the 60.

Other Walsall Tony

There is an advert doing the rounds at the moment that shows, very briefly, what looks like a West Brom double decker. Might be 174, might be cgi or might be something completley different. Any thoughts?
Tony

markcf83

On BBC News I've just identifed former Stagecoach London Trident 17904 as one of the buses involved in the celebrations for the Premier League Champions Manchester City. No idea what the others are but one looks like a Metrobus. All are open top.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Other Walsall Tony

Whoever edited Saturday's documentary about Germaine Greer was obviously no well infrmed on transport matters. Firstly there were no Quantas 747s around in 1964, but more relevantly when introducing her time in Cambridge we saw a clip of High Street, Oxford, complee with COMS AEC....
Tony

D10

A whole episode of The Young Offenders set on a Bus Eireann ALX400, don't know enough about Irish buses to know if this is an authentic Bus Eireann vehicle !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p05ysllr/the-young-offenders-series-1-episode-6

Ally

Former Arriva Tamworth and Central Buses Scania YN56NNB had quite a bit of screen time on Saturday's episode of Casualty
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

CL

A number of First Sheffield Streetlites at one point of the New Who. (Doctor Who, S11E01)

SPOILER
Appears as though one of the new characters has a backstory of being a former bus driver!
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

MW

@CL I had to cover my frikin phone screen when I saw "Spoilers". Can you please f*** off with your spoilers.

Thanks

Coventry Transport Dude

Enviro 400 4964 (SN64 OCH) was clearly visible on TV this morning, on the BBC programme "HOMES UNDER THE HAMMER" !  It was in the Handsworth area of Birmingham, on the 74 route to Dudley.

Coventry Transport Dude

Platinum 6995 (with its Orange route branding !) was clearly visible for about 6 or 7 seconds on tonight's Central News.  An ITV News Reporter was standing over the road from Birmingham's Moor Street Station, when the Bus slowly pulled up behind her and stopped at what i assume must be the traffic lights near the station entrance ?  The Bus was quite close to the TV Camera itself and so the side on view of it that you saw, basically filled up your TV screen !!!!

Soon afterwards on BBC Midlands Today, a News Reporter was standing by the statue of Sir Frank Whittle in Town (Coventry), when 4884 came by him in the background !

Coventry Transport Dude

For any fans of "BRIGHTON & HOVE BUS & COACH", some of their Buses were seen on the Channel 5 News earlier tonight, as the company is trying to recruit more Women as Bus Drivers !  It was said that there are 9 times more Men as there are Women doing the job and so Brighton & Hove are trying to do their bit for diversity, by encourage more Women to become Drivers ?  There were a number of Buses to be seen in the news report, but all i was able to identify were: Scania Omnicity (YN05 HCE), which was a Driver Trainer vehicle.  Also seen were a Volvo B7TL (PL51 LDK) and a Scania Omnidekka (YN05 GZJ).

I've noticed here in Coventry at the moment, that National Express have got quite a number of women recruited as drivers now and it's really good to see that is, as years ago back in the "WMPTE" era (and later in the "WEST MIDLANDS TRAVEL" era to !), we only ever had a very very small handful of woman as drivers ! (Definitely less than 10, although to be honest, i don't remember ever seeing more than 5 ???).

mesub

There was a nxwm crimson Scania Omnilink on the wonderful world of chocolate (Ep. 1) around the 58 minutes mark.
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

the trainbasher

Watching a rerun of the SOKO Leipzig episode Entführung in London (which is The Bill eposide Proof of Life), there is a First Centrewest President in the opening credits. The flying "f" vynals by the destination display and border between the red around the bottom do make london livery look better than the nowadays TfL 100% red rule.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

mesub

Britain's parking hell S2 Ep2
There was a 45/7 branded bus
The 16
The 80A
And what seemed to be the 6 with an e200mmc
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Jack

On S2 Ep3 of 'Britain's Parking Hell', 1847 is on Moor Lane in Rowley Regis working a 4M while the roads were being closed for the 2018 rememberence parade in from Old Hill to the Cemetery.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk