News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

arriva come to redditch

Started by Cedric, November 20, 2013, 10:56:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Winston on November 24, 2013, 05:05:04 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 24, 2013, 04:56:03 PM
Quote from: Winston on November 24, 2013, 04:40:40 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 24, 2013, 04:38:05 PM
Quote from: Stu on November 24, 2013, 04:16:25 PM
JL1 - Selly Oak - John Lewis Distribution Centre, Redditch
http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/serviceInformation.aspx?id=34359740697

Oh so that's what that Arriva bus is doing in the South!! Thanks for that Stu

You'd have though a contract between those areas may have gone to Diamond operated from Redditch depot rather than Arriva Tamworth will all the dead mileage involved

Tell me about it Winston..

It does seem odd, even a small locally based operator would make more sense then Arriva.

I expect Arriva doesn't give any positioning mileage to this contract?

If they have covered their dead mileage costs in the contract value then fair play, but you'd think someone more local or even Diamond from Redditch may have been able to undercut Arriva

Indeed Winny, I agree. I doubt they've got the dead mileage covered if I'm honest, but I expect there's a local service which is operated on the same board as that dead mileage cost would push the contract through any value barriers. Maybe they were the only ones who went for it? And is this routs just for workers? As I'm near where that route goes and I've never known to see it flagged down.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

winston

Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 24, 2013, 05:12:11 PM
Quote from: Winston on November 24, 2013, 05:05:04 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 24, 2013, 04:56:03 PM
Quote from: Winston on November 24, 2013, 04:40:40 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 24, 2013, 04:38:05 PM
Quote from: Stu on November 24, 2013, 04:16:25 PM
JL1 - Selly Oak - John Lewis Distribution Centre, Redditch
http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/serviceInformation.aspx?id=34359740697

Oh so that's what that Arriva bus is doing in the South!! Thanks for that Stu

You'd have though a contract between those areas may have gone to Diamond operated from Redditch depot rather than Arriva Tamworth will all the dead mileage involved

Tell me about it Winston..

It does seem odd, even a small locally based operator would make more sense then Arriva.

I expect Arriva doesn't give any positioning mileage to this contract?

If they have covered their dead mileage costs in the contract value then fair play, but you'd think someone more local or even Diamond from Redditch may have been able to undercut Arriva

Indeed Winny, I agree. I doubt they've got the dead mileage covered if I'm honest, but I expect there's a local service which is operated on the same board as that dead mileage cost would push the contract through any value barriers. Maybe they were the only ones who went for it? And is this routs just for workers? As I'm near where that route goes and I've never known to see it flagged down.

It looks as though it is just for JL workers as there are 3 return trips with a 40 min break at JL which seem to fit in around shift patterns

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk