News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diamond West Midlands - Kidderminster

Started by iamwilljh92, November 18, 2013, 12:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamwilljh92

PM

Quote from: Will on January 21, 2014, 08:55:36 PM
I am deeply in love with 30828 she is absolutely beautiful I made myself take a ride to Stourport just because I wanted a ride on it! I hope she's staying in KR she is a very much needed asset to KR I must say the 08 plate isn't as luxurious as 828 however I'm yet to take a ride on it so until I do I can't compare

Glad you like the royale centro-they are fantastic buses. Out of interest, during its repaint, has it had aspects of the interior deep cleaned and out of date notices removed?

YN08NXL is comfortable enough and in very good condition with few rattles but the seating is a bit tight and there is less legroom than on other centros. Nice high backed seats though and would be good for something like Private Hire

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 21, 2014, 09:42:20 PM
I am deeply in love with 30828 she is absolutely beautiful I made myself take a ride to Stourport just because I wanted a ride on it! I hope she's staying in KR she is a very much needed asset to KR I must say the 08 plate isn't as luxurious as 828 however I'm yet to take a ride on it so until I do I can't compare

Glad you like the royale centro-they are fantastic buses. Out of interest, during its repaint, has it had aspects of the interior deep cleaned and out of date notices removed?

YN08NXL is comfortable enough and in very good condition with few rattles but the seating is a bit tight and there is less legroom than on other centros. Nice high backed seats though and would be good for something like Private Hire

30406 was new as a 50 seater, it must have an extra row of seats/tighter seat pitches in it over a standard Centro which is normally 45 seats

PM

Quote from: Winston on January 21, 2014, 10:05:55 PM

30406 was new as a 50 seater, it must have an extra row of seats/tighter seat pitches in it over a standard Centro which is normally 45 seats

It is listed as a 45 seater in the fleetlist on this site but what you say makes good sense...

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 21, 2014, 10:16:27 PM

It is listed as a 45 seater in the fleetlist on this site but what you say makes good sense...

Bus lists on the web says otherwise
http://www.buslistsontheweb.co.uk/index.htm?http://www.buslistsontheweb.co.uk/list.asp?ListName=299&Type=Body&Page=16&WW=0

This photo also quotes it seating 50
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cheltonian1966/7165487345/

PM

Quote from: Winston on January 21, 2014, 10:29:14 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on January 21, 2014, 10:16:27 PM

Bus lists on the web says otherwise
http://www.buslistsontheweb.co.uk/index.htm?http://www.buslistsontheweb.co.uk/list.asp?ListName=299&Type=Body&Page=16&WW=0

This photo also quotes it seating 50
http://www.flickr.com/photos/cheltonian1966/7165487345/

Thanks for that info-bus lists on the web is usually very accurate as it uses lists from Plaxton etc so I'll trust that...

iamwilljh92

Re-sprayed? nope it's still in Black Diamond livery - DiamondDart although I imagine that if it does stay in Kidderminster it will most probably be sprayed into Blue

PM

Quote from: Will on January 21, 2014, 10:40:56 PM
Re-sprayed? nope it's still in Black Diamond livery - DiamondDart although I imagine that if it does stay in Kidderminster it will most probably be sprayed into Blue

Sorry-one was reported at repaint. Maybe 30828 is at Kidderminster still in black. I was sure someone reported 30822 as repainted overall blue-at Redditch/Kidderminster.

Thanks for correcting me on that :)

iamwilljh92

No probs mate lol it looks very attractive in Black but somehow it would look out of place mixed in with Red/Blue Diamond livery that we have in Kiddy

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 21, 2014, 10:42:51 PM

Sorry-one was reported at repaint. Maybe 30828 is at Kidderminster still in black. I was sure someone reported 30822 as repainted overall blue-at Redditch/Kidderminster.

It was 30822 that has been reported in allover blue

Trident 4609

I'm pretty sure the resprayed Royal Centro was reported by Nathan4775 on a Tividale service (I think the 56) although I could be wrong

PM

Quote from: Nathan on January 21, 2014, 10:46:01 PM

I'm pretty sure the resprayed Royal Centro was reported by Nathan4775 on a Tividale service (I think the 56) although I could be wrong

Thanks for that-can't seem to find the original post though?

Trident 4609

I can't quote the post on my tablet but I think its in the 'Diamond Buses' thread, page 100, 3rd post from bottom. It doesn't mention which route but I would imagine it was the 56 which is in Nathan's area

winston

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 21, 2014, 10:53:00 PM
Quote from: Nathan on January 21, 2014, 10:46:01 PM

Thanks for that-can't seem to find the original post though?

http://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=11.1485

Trident 4609

Thanks for quoting that post Winston :) Saves me having to find a laptop so I can quote the post ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk