News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

New tram 17 delivered.

Started by Gareth, October 16, 2013, 01:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

As just reported on BBC midlands today, the first of the new trams has been delivered.

Tram 17 is in standard silver and pink livery, with a bright and roomy interior. Bright green and red seats with bright green poles.
The only downside I can see is the seats have hardly any padding and look very uncomfortable. Delivery will be about 1 a month.

RW

Was just about to post along the same lines. How on earth did they manage to 'smuggle' a brand new tram into Wednesbury Depot without any of us noticing?

Gareth

Well I live no where near, so that's how it smuggled past me!  ;)

Tony

Quote from: RW on October 16, 2013, 01:43:19 PM
Was just about to post along the same lines. How on earth did they manage to 'smuggle' a brand new tram into Wednesbury Depot without any of us noticing?

It arrived last Friday in two bits and came up from Plymouth docks via the M5

RW

And got passed us all without us noticing. We must do better or what will they get up to next rails in Bull St!!

winston

Quote from: RW on October 16, 2013, 04:32:05 PM
And got passed us all without us noticing. We must do better or what will they get up to next rails in Bull St!!

It probably came up from the docks during the night on two low loaders

Rob H

They're almost Identical to the Blackpool Flexity's but these have better style and the seats look the same too but if I get on a Flexity on Saturday I'll compare them to see if they're the same
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

winston

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Rob4367 on October 16, 2013, 09:49:19 PM
They're almost Identical to the Blackpool Flexity's but these have better style and the seats look the same too but if I get on a Flexity on Saturday I'll compare them to see if they're the same

Yes and if i remember, Blackpools Flexity's arrived in the middle of the night!
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

mikestone

Any ideas when it might creep out of the depot - I am guessing it might start off working to Priestfield?

RW

Any news of a second unit arriving at Wednesbury? Not much news about No 17. Has it been out of the depot yet?

Tony

Quote from: RW on December 04, 2013, 04:33:26 PM
Any news of a second unit arriving at Wednesbury? Not much news about No 17. Has it been out of the depot yet?

It has been out on test and I've heard a second has arrived.  I haven't had chance to get to the depot for ages

RW

Thanks Tony. A few photos of 17 out of depot would be interesting.

Solo1

I saw the new tram outside the new sheds look nice you can se it from the tram

Justin Tyme

Tram track is slowly (very slowly) being laid along Bull Street.  Will they reach Temple Row by the end of the year?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk