News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Smartphone apps

Started by John, October 05, 2013, 10:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: sonic84 on October 06, 2013, 06:11:03 PM
Since the IOS 7 update, this NXWM app doesn't seem to work aswell as it used to.  You can not longer select stops for "My Stops" whether it be bus or train.

Shame,as it the app was really handed... especially for the trains times.  Could check it as I left college to decide whether I needed to run the to station, or take a casual walk.

Not an App, but having this saved as an internet favourite is the best for trains
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/advanced?location=hnf&tocs=All&timespan=0&show_schedules=11&schedule_type=0&show_wtt=1&show_var=1&show_stp=1
shows where trains are down to 15 second intervals, and includes both freight and passengers

nx4737

I reccomend the Crosscountry train times app.

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: nx4737 on October 06, 2013, 04:19:00 PM
The NWM app needs some work doing to it, it seems messy and slow, also, when looking for a stop in map view I've found the 'Near me' button has never worked for me, typical NWM\Centro job by the looks of it.

I've used the NWM android app once (on Monday for a 59 service from Tile Cross), as I was late arriving at the stop & wanted to avoid an alternative trip involving the 11 at all costs. The app correctly predicted that the bus would be with me in 2 mins (5 mins late in total). The map/stop freature was accurate, if slightly slow in zooming in.

An excellent piece of kit & gets the thumbs up from me.

tc

A benefit for anyone living in Cannock/Kenilworth/Bedworth/Leamington Spa using NXWM/NXC services is the app also shows the NXWM/NXC services outside the West Midlands i.e. Warwickshire & Staffordshire, which the NWM app doesn't as far as I'm aware. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk