News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

30 people rescued from River Thames after Duck Tours boat catches fire

Started by the trainbasher, September 29, 2013, 05:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the trainbasher

http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/29/30-people-rescued-from-river-thames-after-duck-tours-boat-catches-fire-4127280/

QuoteAround 30 people have been rescued from a Duck Tours boat after it caught fire on the River Thames.

The passengers – believed to include children as young as six – were transferred on to two speedboats and taken to a London Fire Brigade pier nearby. Most of them were believed to be international tourists from Brazil, Sweden and The Netherlands.

According to the London Ambulance service, seven people are being treated for smoke inhalation. Three people have also been taken to hospital with minor injuries.

The fire took place at around midday on Sunday afternoon when the boat was between Vauxhall and Lambeth Bridge in central London.

A Scotland Yard spokesman added: 'A number of people were recovered from the water. The emergency services are in attendance at the scene.'

An unnamed police source has said that the injuries following on from the fire 'could have been a lot worse'.

Could this be the end of the Duck Tours

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Gareth

No it won't be end. The London Citaros lasted despite self combusting every now and again. And Pensnett is still open!  ;)

Tony

Quote from: Gareth on September 29, 2013, 06:37:25 PM
No it won't be end. The London Citaros lasted despite self combusting every now and again. And Pensnett is still open!  ;)

Ironically the Arriva ex London Citaros in Malta are currently off the road because of a spate of fires!

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tony on September 29, 2013, 06:42:43 PM

Ironically the Arriva ex London Citaros in Malta are currently off the road because of a spate of fires!

Problem is , if you took everything off the road that had a chance of catching fire, the roads would be empty.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

winston

But I thought that I read that was more to do with maintenance standards in Malta? Or lack of....

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on September 29, 2013, 08:16:50 PM

But I thought that I read that was more to do with maintenance standards in Malta? Or lack of....

Surprised PE Mercs weren't taken off the roads, after all, one fire accidental, 2 fires, maybe coincidence, 3 fires ridiculous.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

andyr

It should be the end, the Liverpool operation as already been closed down because of saftey issues....

Westy

I went on the Liverpool one about a couple of years ago.

Strange experience.

By the way,  do all Scousers think they're comedians?

Kevin

Quote from: andyr on September 29, 2013, 09:51:21 PM
It should be the end, the Liverpool operation as already been closed down because of saftey issues....

didn't the Liverpool one also catch fire? Or did it just sink? Can't remember now
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

the trainbasher

Quote from: Kevin on October 02, 2013, 07:58:07 AM
Quote from: andyr on September 29, 2013, 09:51:21 PM

didn't the Liverpool one also catch fire? Or did it just sink? Can't remember now

Sank

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk