News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Borismaster invovled in 3 bus London crash

Started by winston, September 24, 2013, 05:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth

Go Ahead obviously not wanting anybody to know its one of theirs!

Stuharris 6360

Leon Daniels has just posted this on London transport Group.

LT62 was taken to the Metropolitan Police facility at Perivale where it was inspected and the CCTV, iBus and other electronic equipment downloaded.

No fault was found with the bus. Certain components were removed and fitted to another bus or a test rig where they worked perfectly.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

andyr

No suprise there then....To be honest the borrismaster looks very repariable, just lots of glass to be replaced.

Stuharris 6360

On the London transport group they are currently debating what could have caused the incident, latest theory: A 4G phone interferred with the electronics on the Bus !  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

nitromatt1

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on September 29, 2013, 09:57:00 PM
On the London transport group they are currently debating what could have caused the incident, latest theory: A 4G phone interferred with the electronics on the Bus !  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

That's ridiculous. The most likely cause is the driver planting his foot on the wrong pedal.

andyr

Not to be ridiculed, our Van Hool and Neoplan coaches have issues with mobile telephones. We have to insist passenger phones are turned off or in flight only mode when on board as they efdect the heating and ventillation system also the zf as tronic gearbox. Other systems can also be comprimised..Modern vehicles have fly by wire technology.

nitromatt1

Quote from: andyr on September 29, 2013, 11:52:58 PM
Not to be ridiculed, our Van Hool and Neoplan coaches have issues with mobile telephones. We have to insist passenger phones are turned off or in flight only mode when on board as they efdect the heating and ventillation system also the zf as tronic gearbox. Other systems can also be comprimised..Modern vehicles have fly by wire technology.

That makes me wonder why bus & coach manufacturers market their products in the full knowledge that as common an item as a mobile phone can result in disaster for the vehicle. I would've thought such a fundemental flaw would prevent a vehicle from selling, although I suppose it depends on the extent of the risk

I travelled on an ex. Parrys Neoplan a fair few months back full of school kids using their mobile phones for calls/texting/internet etc. and we did not seem to encounter any problems. I also had a Classic Coaches Van Hool on a journey to/around France a couple of years ago which again did not have any issues

andyr

Perhapes not apparent to a passenger but problems would of been encountered and stored in he coaches memory..The coach you were on was a euro2 merc v8 and would be no were near as sophisticated as the more modern engine and systems of today. I spent 3 years driving one of the sister coaches to the one you were on, surprised so many are still in sevice.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk