News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitromatt1

Hi Simon.

Do you happen to know why there's often a Royale Centro parked up in Halesowen bus station early evening, which eventually drives off private? I see it quite often and had thought it was a bus off the 202, but it was there again yesterday with the 202 now at Kidderminster so can't be.

Cheers, Matt.

Quote from: Matt on June 03, 2014, 01:34:15 PM
Hi Simon.

Do you happen to know why there's often a Royale Centro parked up in Halesowen bus station early evening, which eventually drives off private? I see it quite often and had thought it was a bus off the 202, but it was there again yesterday with the 202 now at Kidderminster so can't be.

Cheers, Matt.

It was a 202 that went onto the 205 but as of 02/06/2014 it's a 002 that goes onto the 205
it's been a while....

winston

StourportSam

Hi Simon,

First of all congratulations to Rotala for making much needed changes to the 3 route through Areley Kings. Your new route is much better for time keeping and actually serves a new area of the village. Also good luck with the new route 1, a much more logical route than that operated by Whittle.

I have two questions to ask if I may:

1) Were evening services on the 3 service in Kidderminster something passengers asked for in the network review, and if so was it felt these would be unviable? I know First operated these on a tender basis for which funding was removed but have Diamond considered this on a commercial basis?

2) The improved frequency on the 3 is absolutely fantastic, but I am wondering if there is any thinking behind the standard 'at these mins past each hour' times mon-fri being 51, 01, 11, 21, 31 then a 20 minute gap between buses from Areley Kings, which is a worse frequency than before. Why not space them out to be every 12 minutes rather than an unattractive gap?

Thanks
Sam

Simon Dunn

Quote from: nxwmbusfan1999 on June 01, 2014, 08:24:17 PM
Hi Simon

Does long acre depot offer work expirence? I'm in year 10 and currently looking to do work expirence

Dear Sir,

All work experience enquries are filtered through our Group HR Manager.

His email address is trevor.wolloxall@rotala.co.uk

Simon

Simon Dunn

Metrorider

Hi Simon.

Cheers, Matt.

I can answer this one for you if Simon doesn't mind as it's me that normally parks the bus there most nights. It used to come off the 202 at 1820 then leave Halesowen at 1910 for the 1930 205 from Wall Heath. Now it arrives at 1840 off the 002 then departs at about 1910-1915 to take up service on the 1925 205 from Blackheath.
Paul.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: StourportSam on June 04, 2014, 10:42:10 PM
Hi Simon,

First of all congratulations to Rotala for making much needed changes to the 3 route through Areley Kings. Your new route is much better for time keeping and actually serves a new area of the village. Also good luck with the new route 1, a much more logical route than that operated by Whittle.

I have two questions to ask if I may:

1) Were evening services on the 3 service in Kidderminster something passengers asked for in the network review, and if so was it felt these would be unviable? I know First operated these on a tender basis for which funding was removed but have Diamond considered this on a commercial basis?

2) The improved frequency on the 3 is absolutely fantastic, but I am wondering if there is any thinking behind the standard 'at these mins past each hour' times mon-fri being 51, 01, 11, 21, 31 then a 20 minute gap between buses from Areley Kings, which is a worse frequency than before. Why not space them out to be every 12 minutes rather than an unattractive gap?

Thanks
Sam

Dear Sam,

I have asked our Commercial team, and I was given the following response.

1.  There was limited demand for later evening services.  However, having consulted with the longer serving staff neither the demand nor the previous operating experience suggested there was anything like the demand to make the services commercially viable.

2.  They are at these times past the hour to allow for the buses to have enough waiting time at the town hall, as we all know the space here is very limited and if we don't allow for enough layover, the services will consistently run late. At the same, time, we could put too much time in as by having the buses on stand for too long, it causes problems for those other services arriving at the town hall and having to stop in the middle of the road. It just worked out that these were the times that fit. The 20 minute gap is where the 3 and X3 fit together. It has always been an awkward gap here because of the route the X3 takes round the hospital. The extra time that it takes to do the hospital route means that the next 3 catches up and they end up running 2 minutes behind eachother. That service wouldn't benefit anyone having two buses following each other for most of the route... We had to decide to keep the ten minute frequency at the town hall and have the buses following eachother or once an hour have a twenty minute gap from the town hall, which only becomes ten minutes apart once it gets to Foley Park anyway, they are ten minutes apart. The 3 before the X3 is 20 minutes aparte, but again there is nothing that can be done to change this as it would most likely add another bus in for the sake of having a service running a couple of minutes apart from eachother. One of the things that was constantly asked by people in the network review was why do we have the X3 and the 3 following eachother and then still have a gap of 20 minutes after it...
3-   It also made more sense and made it easier to understand to have the 10 minute headway from the Town hall instead of from Areley Kings as there are more people catching it from here, and we felt the times would be more memorable.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Metrorider on June 05, 2014, 11:15:05 PM
Hi Simon.

Cheers, Matt.

I can answer this one for you if Simon doesn't mind as it's me that normally parks the bus there most nights. It used to come off the 202 at 1820 then leave Halesowen at 1910 for the 1930 205 from Wall Heath. Now it arrives at 1840 off the 002 then departs at about 1910-1915 to take up service on the 1925 205 from Blackheath.

You are correct and thank you

Simon

PM

Hi Simon

Many thanks for your replies-just a few more questions

1) What happened to 30301 after its withdrawal-is it being used for spares or was it sold for scrap? Do you still see 30302 entering service at RH?

2) Have you decided where the sb120/centros will go after covering at RH?

3) What will the additional b7rle's at Tividale be used on- the 2 originally used on the 202 and 30952 recently transferred?

4) Do you foresee acquiring more e300's for RH? I see the 08 reg e300 has gone from Ensign's website

5) Do you predict the volvo b8rle becoming the new Rotala "standard/preferred" single deck or do you foresee Rotala trying to acquire stock b7rle's for as long as possible?

6) Do you need to update the Wessex Red fleet this year as part of contract requirements as I know in the past several vehicles have been bought before the University term starts in the Autumn?

7) If the Woosh citaro's came on the market at a decent price, would it be worth adding them to the fleet at LAC or Preston?

8 ) Have you had much interest in the vehicles currently for sale?

9) Is Rotala now aware of the impact of WCC cuts/changes to its services? Do new contracts come into effect in the Autumn?

10) Do you see any buses from Heathrow/Wessex moving up to LAC during the Summer like last year?

Many Thanks!

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on June 08, 2014, 11:56:30 PM
Hi Simon

1) What happened to 30301 after its withdrawal-is it being used for spares or was it sold for scrap? Do you still see 30302 entering service at RH?

3) What will the additional b7rle's at Tividale be used on- the 2 originally used on the 202 and 30952 recently transferred?

4) Do you foresee acquiring more e300's for RH? I see the 08 reg e300 has gone from Ensign's website

5) Do you predict the volvo b8rle becoming the new Rotala "standard/preferred" single deck or do you foresee Rotala trying to acquire stock b7rle's for as long as possible?

6) Do you need to update the Wessex Red fleet this year as part of contract requirements as I know in the past several vehicles have been bought before the University term starts in the Autumn?

7) If the Woosh citaro's came on the market at a decent price, would it be worth adding them to the fleet at LAC or Preston?

9) Is Rotala now aware of the impact of WCC cuts/changes to its services? Do new contracts come into effect in the Autumn?

10) Do you see any buses from Heathrow/Wessex moving up to LAC during the Summer like last year?

Many Thanks!

Dear Sir,

In response to your questions

1.  The vehicle was written off,  A third party vehicle hit our vehicle, and the third party insurers acquired our vehicle
2.  I think we will keep them at Redditch. 
3.  We have not specified. 
4.  Not at the moment
5.  We have not decided.
6.  We have no new bus requirements this year.  We expect to withdraw some vehicles from Wessex
7.  Depends upon price.
8.  We have had limited interest.  Apart from Y3NBB nothing has sold.  We will drop the prices again this week
9.  No.  I understand WCC are going to market on a package of different options.
10.  We have moved FJ57CYW out of Wessex.  There may be another odd vehicle to follow.

Simon

Cedric

Hi Simon

Many Thanks!
re 9  WCC are only having the meeting to decied  on what services get altered by the  cut/changes today.
diamond 8\10/125/292

Simon Dunn

Quote from: bowler on June 09, 2014, 06:28:54 AM
Hi Simon

Many Thanks!
re 9  WCC are only having the meeting to decied  on what services get altered by the  cut/changes today.

We have provided WCC with a variety of different options.

My understanding is that following receipt of that they have decided to put the relevant services out for tender

Simon

Cedric

Quote from: Simon Dunn on June 09, 2014, 06:39:11 AM
Quote from: bowler on June 09, 2014, 06:28:54 AM
Hi Simon

Many Thanks!

We have provided WCC with a variety of different options.

My understanding is that following receipt of that they have decided to put the relevant services out for tender

Simon
thanks Simon   the information.
diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on June 09, 2014, 06:25:45 AM
Hi Simon

Many Thanks!

Dear Sir,

In response to your questions

1.  The vehicle was written off,  A third party vehicle hit our vehicle, and the third party insurers acquired our vehicle
2.  I think we will keep them at Redditch. 
3.  We have not specified. 
4.  Not at the moment
5.  We have not decided.
6.  We have no new bus requirements this year.  We expect to withdraw some vehicles from Wessex
7.  Depends upon price.
8.  We have had limited interest.  Apart from Y3NBB nothing has sold.  We will drop the prices again this week
9.  No.  I understand WCC are going to market on a package of different options.
10.  We have moved FJ57CYW out of Wessex.  There may be another odd vehicle to follow.

Simon

Hi Simon,

Further to your replies to DiamondDarts questions:

6. Do Rotala only now generally buy new vehicles for specific contracts / partnerships etc as specified? Are Rotala planning on scaling back the Wessex operation if you're planning to withdrawn buses without replacement?
11. Will the 8 x E200's at Wessex not need to be replaced if sold?

Winston

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk