News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Will on May 19, 2014, 03:08:33 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 19, 2014, 02:54:53 PM
Quote from: Will on May 17, 2014, 04:05:13 PM
Hi Simon, just wondering if you could tell me when are you planning on entering the other JNF's into service at Kidderminster? and which ones are they likely to be as I've seen 2 ([30902, W902 JNF] and [30516, W906 JNF]) in Redditch will those be transferred to KD or are they going to remain in Redditch? & finally will 30901 (W901 JNF) and 30903 (W903 JNF) enter traffic in KD or not?

Will.

Will

The intention is to repair the two off the road and return them to Kidderminster.

Simon

Ohh I see I look foward to seeing them in service also when is (30930, VX54 MUC - Alexander Dennis Dart) likely to return to service? As it's been out of service for around 2 months I know you said it was/is due to be resprayed

Will

Will

The vehicle currently has a gearbox fault which is being repaired under warranty

Simon

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 19, 2014, 02:53:34 PM
Quote from: Winston on May 16, 2014, 01:02:39 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 16, 2014, 10:40:09 AM
Quote from: Winston on May 16, 2014, 10:37:28 AM

Thanks Simon,

Are those at Redditch acting as paint floats?

Could I just ask why Rotala & other operators aren't keen on VDL's? I was under the impression that they very similar to a Dart

Winston,

Yes, we have removed/going to remove 3 x B7's for repaint.

Our problem in our fleet is that they are yet another type of variation.  They arent a bad bus, but it is better to minimise variation of fleet

Simon

Thanks Simon,

I completely agree on standardization, however that must be harder to achieve buying a mixture or new / used acquisitions. Would Tividale not be a better final destination for the VDL's as they already operate the Cadets & have numerous Plaxton Centro's.

Do Rotala intend to buy any more B7RLE/Wright this year before the model is replaced? or indeed anything else new?

Do Rotala have any particular midibus in mind to eventually become a standard replacement for your Darts either new/used, I get the impression you're not too keen on E200's & weren't overly stuck by the Streetlites?

Winston,

1.  Tividale has most bus types going.
2.  We are not sure on new bus purchases, yet.
3.  I think the best small bus is a Mercedes Engined Optare Solo

Simon

Thanks for all your responses, Simon,

1. Has a decision / date been set on which routes to move out of Tividale to Kidderminster as yet?
3. I didn't think many operators were overly complimentary on Optare products, are the Solo SR's as good, as I was under the impression some of the 'Signature' have had reliability issues. Have Rotala got any thoughts on preferred future replacements for full length Darts i.e. 37+ seaters
4. Are Rotala Plc intending to update their website at some point, i.e. the banner on the homepage still has Black, Blue & Red Diamond brands, and they are still listed as separate entities under 'Our Companies'

Simon Dunn

Winston

In response to your questions

1.  We are working to transferring 142 & 202 from 2nd June 2014.
3.  We don't have a preferred product in the 37 seater range
4.  I believe it has been updated today

Simon

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 21, 2014, 01:52:49 PM
Winston

Simon

Thanks Simon, last couple of queries, then I promise I will leave you in peace!

1. Do you know which vehicles / type used intent to operate the 202 with from KR?
5. With the increased frequency on the 3, new route 1 & the moving in of the 142 & 202. By how many will the Pvr increase by?

I think there maybe an anomaly on the Rotala Plc website 'Our Companies' section, if you add up the turnover for each subsidiary it comes out to £62.4 Million with a total fleet size of 670 buses, where Rotala Plc turnover to 30th Nov 2013 was £53.3 Million & elsewhere on the website it states a group fleet size of 530 buses. To me, it looks as though the turnover/fleet size for Wessex is included within both the Flights Hallmark figures & also listed separately under Wessex.

bususer12

Hi Simon, just a quick note, the notices about half term family tickets have been displayed all 3 of your buses I've been on today. However. At the the top it says Driver notice, do not display and shows how to issue the tickets on the bottom of the poster

the trainbasher

Hi Simon, does Diamond have any plans to increase the frequency of the 146 during the Redditch rail blockade to compete against the rail replacement/train option?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: bususer12 on May 22, 2014, 09:54:50 AM
Hi Simon, just a quick note, the notices about half term family tickets have been displayed all 3 of your buses I've been on today. However. At the the top it says Driver notice, do not display and shows how to issue the tickets on the bottom of the poster

Dear Sir,

This should have now been rectified

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on May 21, 2014, 01:58:36 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 21, 2014, 01:52:49 PM
Winston

Simon

Thanks Simon, last couple of queries, then I promise I will leave you in peace!

1. Do you know which vehicles / type used intent to operate the 202 with from KR?
5. With the increased frequency on the 3, new route 1 & the moving in of the 142 & 202. By how many will the Pvr increase by?

I think there maybe an anomaly on the Rotala Plc website 'Our Companies' section, if you add up the turnover for each subsidiary it comes out to £62.4 Million with a total fleet size of 670 buses, where Rotala Plc turnover to 30th Nov 2013 was £53.3 Million & elsewhere on the website it states a group fleet size of 530 buses. To me, it looks as though the turnover/fleet size for Wessex is included within both the Flights Hallmark figures & also listed separately under Wessex.

Winston,

1.  Not 100% sure, we are trying a few different types of vehicles on the route now.
5.  The increase is 6.

I will review and correct the website

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: the trainbasher on May 22, 2014, 12:47:53 PM
Hi Simon, does Diamond have any plans to increase the frequency of the 146 during the Redditch rail blockade to compete against the rail replacement/train option?

Dear Sir,

WE have not considered this.  I have forwarded your comments to my Commercial colleagues

Simon

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 23, 2014, 05:41:03 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on May 22, 2014, 12:47:53 PM

Dear Sir,

WE have not considered this.  I have forwarded your comments to my Commercial colleagues

Simon

Hi Simon,

Do you have any plans to reinstate (20503) T71 JBA to service or is this going to be disposed of?

And also what's happened to (20136) Y36 YVV as I've noticed it is currently VOR & finally have you decided which Tividale vehicles are being transferred to Kidderminster in readiness for the new routes?

Will

Simon Dunn

Will

1.  T71JBA

It is not a good example, and we have no requirement for it.

2.  Y36YVV

The vehicle has an engine fault and is awaiting repair

Simon

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 23, 2014, 06:16:49 PM
Will

1.  T71JBA

It is not a good example, and we have no requirement for it.

2.  Y36YVV

The vehicle has an engine fault and is awaiting repair

Simon

Thanks Simon,

Ohh I see shame really it would look good in a fresh coat of blue paint as for Y36 YVV oh dear

PM

Hi Simon

Just a couple of quick questions from me:

1) I hear 30850 is the first of the trio you mentioned are off for repaint. On repaint, will out of date notices also be removed and at least a deep clean for the interior carried out as well, as I'm sure you know these buses are in worse condition than similar age Tividale and LAC vehicles. At least one had cracks in the plastic mouldings above the doors/driver as well which appeared to be causing a lot of rattles?

2) Will the remaining tridents at Wessex 40005/8 also be heading up to Preston soon to join the rest of the batch?

3) Do you anticipate moving their registration plates over to vehicles on Wessex/UWE services so as they remain relevant?

4) With the 142/202 soon to move out of Tividale, do you plan to move services like the 122 in to cut dead mileage?

5) Do you anticipate moving more solos into Heathrow and subsequently moving MAN/Centro's up to Redditch?

6) You probably know anyway but the Nigel McCree e300's now have prices: one at £60k and the other at £63k.

http://www.nigelmccree.com/index.php/for-sale/buses

Many Thanks

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on May 24, 2014, 06:04:56 PM
Hi Simon

Just a couple of quick questions from me:

1) I hear 30850 is the first of the trio you mentioned are off for repaint. On repaint, will out of date notices also be removed and at least a deep clean for the interior carried out as well, as I'm sure you know these buses are in worse condition than similar age Tividale and LAC vehicles. At least one had cracks in the plastic mouldings above the doors/driver as well which appeared to be causing a lot of rattles?

2) Will the remaining tridents at Wessex 40005/8 also be heading up to Preston soon to join the rest of the batch?

3) Do you anticipate moving their registration plates over to vehicles on Wessex/UWE services so as they remain relevant?

4) With the 142/202 soon to move out of Tividale, do you plan to move services like the 122 in to cut dead mileage?

5) Do you anticipate moving more solos into Heathrow and subsequently moving MAN/Centro's up to Redditch?

6) You probably know anyway but the Nigel McCree e300's now have prices: one at £60k and the other at £63k.

http://www.nigelmccree.com/index.php/for-sale/buses

Many Thanks

Dear Sir

In response to your questions.

1.  2 have been painted, a third is currently in paint.  After repaint the vehicles will be thoroughly cleaned and internal vinyls updated.
2.  There is one more trident heading to Preston - K3WSX
3.  we have not considered it as yet
4.  Once the Kidderminster services have stablised we will review what other changes can be done. 
5.  We do not see more Solo's moving to Heathrow
6.  I wasnt aware.  We have never acquired a vehicle from him

Simon

James4368

Hi Simon

Does long acre depot offer work expirence? I'm in year 10 and currently looking to do work expirence
Local Bus Routes
58 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
60 - Birmingham - Cranes Park
99 - Lea Village - Acocks Green
S16 - Yardley Swan - Solihull
X1 - Birmingham - Coventry
X2 - Birmingham - Solihull

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk