News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liberator9

[/quote]

There are 2 options.

1.  We relocate to Redditch
2.  We look to open a depot Coventry/Solihull area to serve this and some other work we have

As we havent sold LAC, we have not rushed looking for a solution

Simon
[/quote]

Thanks Simon for the explanation.

PM

Hi Simon

Just a really quick one from me. I couldn't help but notice http://www.ensignbus.com/2008-enviro-300.html. I imagine it is something that Rotala have already been offered. Is it something too much of a "one-off" for Rotala to even consider acquiring.

Just interested to hear your opinion on it

Thanks again :)

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on May 13, 2014, 11:02:14 PM
Hi Simon

Just a really quick one from me. I couldn't help but notice http://www.ensignbus.com/2008-enviro-300.html. I imagine it is something that Rotala have already been offered. Is it something too much of a "one-off" for Rotala to even consider acquiring.

Just interested to hear your opinion on it

Thanks again :)

Dear Sir,

It is not something that I have been offered. 

Simon

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 13, 2014, 02:59:37 PM

Winston

Sorry for the delay

In response to your points

Redditch

5.  We are looking at this.

Tividale

2.  I agree
4.  We want to acquire, they are looking to sublet

Simon

No worries, I understand you're a busy man!

In addition to the Ensign 08 plate E300, there is a new advert in today's Routeone:

2006 ADL E300 on page 60, 57 seater, one owner from new, recent engine £29.5k Tel 01347-838990

Plus the Souls 04 plate E300 has dropped in price from £28k down to £20k

I notice Rotala are now dropping their asking prices for the various Ciataro's / VDL's & E200's for sale, I take it Rotala's preferred option is still to sell all these?

Also Nigel McRee has a 45 seater 2007 & 2008 ADL E300 for sale, if the stock sheet is still current?
http://www.nigelmccree.com/index.php/stock-sheet

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on May 14, 2014, 12:16:04 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 13, 2014, 02:59:37 PM

Winston

Sorry for the delay

In response to your points

Redditch

5.  We are looking at this.

Tividale

2.  I agree
4.  We want to acquire, they are looking to sublet

Simon

In addition to the Ensign 08 plate E300, there is a new advert in today's Routeone:

2006 ADL E300 on page 60, 57 seater, one owner from new, recent engine £29.5k Tel 01347-838990

I notice Rotala are now dropping their asking prices for the various Ciataro's / VDL's & E200's for sale, I take it Rotala's preferred option is still to sell all these?

Also Nigel McRee has a 45 seater 2007 & 2008 ADL E300 for sale, if the stock sheet is still current?

Winston,

1.  There has been a number of E300's for sale which were originally school buses.  These buses cost a lot of time and money to convert for normal bus operation.
2.  I would prefer to dispose of and replace.
3.  From expereince, I don't find anything for sale by Nigel McCree to be competitive.

Simon

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 15, 2014, 08:47:12 AM

Winston,

1.  There has been a number of E300's for sale which were originally school buses.  These buses cost a lot of time and money to convert for normal bus operation.
3.  From expereince, I don't find anything for sale by Nigel McCree to be competitive.

Simon

Thanks Simon,

One last query then I'll leave you in peace, why is Rotala incurring costs preparing the VDL's for service / repainting them etc only for them preferably to be sold asap. Surely Rotala wouldn't be able to recoup the costs in the sale price would they?

jc

If they don't get sold then they can be used in a reasonable condition, if they do get repainted and tidied up then they are in a much better condition for when viewers come to look at them

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on May 15, 2014, 09:47:19 AM

Winston,

Simon

Thanks Simon,

One last query then I'll leave you in peace, why is Rotala incurring costs preparing the VDL's for service / repainting them etc only for them preferably to be sold asap. Surely Rotala wouldn't be able to recoup the costs in the sale price would they?

Winston,

I don't believe the vehicles will sell, so we are preparing them for service.  Three are actually in service in Redditch.  If someone did come to look at them, following repaints etc, they are now in a far better condition as well

Simon

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 16, 2014, 10:31:57 AM

Winston,

Simon

Thanks Simon,

Winston,

I don't believe the vehicles will sell, so we are preparing them for service.  Three are actually in service in Redditch.  If someone did come to look at them, following repaints etc, they are now in a far better condition as well

Simon

Thanks Simon,

Are those at Redditch acting as paint floats?

Could I just ask why Rotala & other operators aren't keen on VDL's? I was under the impression that they very similar to a Dart

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on May 16, 2014, 10:37:28 AM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 16, 2014, 10:31:57 AM

Winston,

Simon

Thanks Simon,

Winston,

Simon

Thanks Simon,

Could I just ask why Rotala & other operators aren't keen on VDL's? I was under the impression that they very similar to a Dart

Winston,

Yes, we have removed/going to remove 3 x B7's for repaint.

Our problem in our fleet is that they are yet another type of variation.  They arent a bad bus, but it is better to minimise variation of fleet

Simon

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 16, 2014, 10:40:09 AM

Thanks Simon,

Winston,

Our problem in our fleet is that they are yet another type of variation.  They arent a bad bus, but it is better to minimise variation of fleet

Simon

Thanks Simon,

I completely agree on standardization, however that must be harder to achieve buying a mixture or new / used acquisitions. Would Tividale not be a better final destination for the VDL's as they already operate the Cadets & have numerous Plaxton Centro's.

Do Rotala intend to buy any more B7RLE/Wright this year before the model is replaced? or indeed anything else new?

Do Rotala have any particular midibus in mind to eventually become a standard replacement for your Darts either new/used, I get the impression you're not too keen on E200's & weren't overly stuck by the Streetlites?

iamwilljh92

Hi Simon, just wondering if you could tell me when are you planning on entering the other JNF's into service at Kidderminster? and which ones are they likely to be as I've seen 2 ([30902, W902 JNF] and [30516, W906 JNF]) in Redditch will those be transferred to KD or are they going to remain in Redditch? & finally will 30901 (W901 JNF) and 30903 (W903 JNF) enter traffic in KD or not?

Will.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on May 16, 2014, 01:02:39 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 16, 2014, 10:40:09 AM

Thanks Simon,

Winston,

Simon

Thanks Simon,

I completely agree on standardization, however that must be harder to achieve buying a mixture or new / used acquisitions. Would Tividale not be a better final destination for the VDL's as they already operate the Cadets & have numerous Plaxton Centro's.

Do Rotala intend to buy any more B7RLE/Wright this year before the model is replaced? or indeed anything else new?

Do Rotala have any particular midibus in mind to eventually become a standard replacement for your Darts either new/used, I get the impression you're not too keen on E200's & weren't overly stuck by the Streetlites?

Winston,

1.  Tividale has most bus types going.
2.  We are not sure on new bus purchases, yet.
3.  I think the best small bus is a Mercedes Engined Optare Solo

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Will on May 17, 2014, 04:05:13 PM
Hi Simon, just wondering if you could tell me when are you planning on entering the other JNF's into service at Kidderminster? and which ones are they likely to be as I've seen 2 ([30902, W902 JNF] and [30516, W906 JNF]) in Redditch will those be transferred to KD or are they going to remain in Redditch? & finally will 30901 (W901 JNF) and 30903 (W903 JNF) enter traffic in KD or not?

Will.

Will

The intention is to repair the two off the road and return them to Kidderminster.

Simon

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 19, 2014, 02:54:53 PM
Quote from: Will on May 17, 2014, 04:05:13 PM

Will.

Will

The intention is to repair the two off the road and return them to Kidderminster.

Simon

Ohh I see I look foward to seeing them in service also when is (30930, VX54 MUC - Alexander Dennis Dart) likely to return to service? As it's been out of service for around 2 months I know you said it was/is due to be resprayed

Will

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk