News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Will on May 06, 2014, 11:40:39 AM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 06, 2014, 11:16:47 AM
Quote from: Solo1 on May 06, 2014, 09:45:45 AM
Which services are moving to Kidderminster
& what's the reason behind it thank you

We are looking at moving the 142, and 202.

Simon

is there no possibility that we could have the 146 route (or a new route all together) could it not be merged with the X3 i.e. goes from Kidder to Redditch then from RH to BH and vice versa? I think having a bus direct from Kidderminster to Birmingham (albeit via Redditch) would be a valuable commodity and also are there any plans for Diamond to start doing services to Bridgnorth could Diamond not purchase the Arriva (297) or Whittle (125) contract?

Will

The service changes we have made reflect what recieved sufficient demand within the network review. 

If other operators wish to dispose of their business, we are always interested.  Considering Whittles/Arriva operate other routes I cannot believe they are looking to dispose of the above services.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on May 06, 2014, 11:49:39 AM

In response to your questions.

1.  We have out sourced the work, so I am not exactly sure of the timescales.  I expect they will return to Kidderminster though
2.  Yes
3.  We have moved painting the VDL's in front of the Royale's.  It makes more sense to put these into use.
4.  Off the road at Kidderminster, awaiting parts.
5.  Please note reply to Winston.
6.  No, we werent.
7.  Most contract terminations have been driven to the October re-tendering date.  Like always we will submit our price.

Simon

Thanks, as ever, for your replies.

I take it you now intend for the VDL centro's to re-enter service if you intend to have them painted?

I see you mentioned to Winston acquiring a car park near Tividale, within walking distance. Would this be required if some black country stuff moved over to Tividale or is it anticipation of LAC closing and services moving into Tividale from there?

Dear Sir,

Although they are advertised for sale, we are still working towards putting them back into service.  2 are painted, and due to re-enter shortly.  Short term they will be used in Redditch, to continue with the re-paints of the Redditch fleet.

From our perspective long term, we want to increase capacity at Tividale.  Whether we dispose of LAC or not.

Simon

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 07, 2014, 03:21:37 PM

Simon

is there no possibility that we could have the 146 route (or a new route all together) could it not be merged with the X3 i.e. goes from Kidder to Redditch then from RH to BH and vice versa? I think having a bus direct from Kidderminster to Birmingham (albeit via Redditch) would be a valuable commodity and also are there any plans for Diamond to start doing services to Bridgnorth could Diamond not purchase the Arriva (297) or Whittle (125) contract?

Will

The service changes we have made reflect what recieved sufficient demand within the network review. 

If other operators wish to dispose of their business, we are always interested.  Considering Whittles/Arriva operate other routes I cannot believe they are looking to dispose of the above services.

Simon

Well they're not but could you not make either one of them an offer?

PM

Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 07, 2014, 03:23:59 PM

1.  We have out sourced the work, so I am not exactly sure of the timescales.  I expect they will return to Kidderminster though
2.  Yes
3.  We have moved painting the VDL's in front of the Royale's.  It makes more sense to put these into use.
6.  No, we werent.
7.  Most contract terminations have been driven to the October re-tendering date.  Like always we will submit our price.

Simon

I take it you now intend for the VDL centro's to re-enter service if you intend to have them painted?

I see you mentioned to Winston acquiring a car park near Tividale, within walking distance. Would this be required if some black country stuff moved over to Tividale or is it anticipation of LAC closing and services moving into Tividale from there?

Dear Sir,

Although they are advertised for sale, we are still working towards putting them back into service.  2 are painted, and due to re-enter shortly.  Short term they will be used in Redditch, to continue with the re-paints of the Redditch fleet.

From our perspective long term, we want to increase capacity at Tividale.  Whether we dispose of LAC or not.

Simon

Thanks very much for your replies.

In this month's fleet update, I couldn't help notice 30302 is withdrawn at Heathrow. Has this vehicle recently sustained accident damage?

Also, the solos withdrawn at Wessex-are they destined to return to Diamond?

Thanks again

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on May 06, 2014, 02:10:42 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 06, 2014, 07:18:43 AM

Winston,

1.  First and Diamond only competed directly on one route. 
2.  We now have 6 MAN Centro's, none were previously in Redditch
3.  My understanding is that the deckers were in Redditch, not for capacity reasons but because they had become spare following exit from London.
4.  Can someone actually tell me what they think the deckers were required for, if it is for capacity reasons.

In response to your questions about Tividale

1.  The land we previously occupied, has been re-let to someone else at the end of our lease.  We were never offered the option.
2.  I understand somone has signed a lease on the glass place for 10 years.
3.  We are moving/have moved all our for sale/spare buses to Kidderminster.
4.  Our preference has always been to acquire the Glass site.  In the absence of this, we have calculated if we acquire a car park within walking distance we can increase the depot capacity by about 30 vehicles.

Simon

Thanks for your replies Simon.

1. Were the 51 & 70 routes tendered then?
2. Yes there are 6 x MAN/Centro's but other than 30801 they are all 38 seaters which I would class as a 'Midis'. Another issue I've noticed which seems to crop up frequently is people complaining about the number of moms with pushchairs on certain routes, obviously if one pushchair is carried you also lose the 3 pull down seats and then only able to accommodate 35 seated.
3. I believe First draughted in the Tridents as they were available and to make Redditch fully low floor i.e. remove the remaining Lance from service. I did understand prior to the Rotala takeover that double deckers on some routes in the peaks were welcomed (i.e. 57/58) + all schools
5. Some time ago you suggested the Rotala were looking at either re-developing Plymouth Road or building a new purpose built depot out of town & possibly moving the 50 from Long Acre in to Redditch. has anything moved forward with those plans?

Re: Tividale

1. Nice of them not to have offered you the option, do Rotala only rent half of the car park? Could the new tenant want the lot?
2. Were you not consulted / offered a lease on the glass place either. Not ideal to lease, but once in you may have been able to persuade the owners to sell up in the future.
4. You are probably already aware, but there does seem ample open parking area on the 'Vaughen Trading Estate' back up Sedgley Road East on the right heading back up towards Dudley Port looking on Google Earth, there is also a 'to let' sign up & another coach operator appears to base its vehicles there just behind the gatehouse.
5. Re possibly moving the 142 & 202 out of Tividale & in to Kidderminster. Have you considered moving the 226 to KR? Obviously the Darts it currently employs would be more fitting in with KR's fleet and the timetable could possibly be amended so journey's start/finish at Wordsley / Kingswinford which isn't too far from KR? I assume the 202 at KR would lose its Centro's?

Redditch

1.  You are right we competed on the 51.  However, we always intended to remove the Commercial registration on this, and we did just before we acquired the business.  Although we did compete on the 70, from memmory our route was different.
2.  These buses are big enough for nearly all the routes. 
3.  That is not my understanding, having gone through a OFT investigation were both sides had to disclose confidential documents.
5.  Although we have disposal options for ou site.  I do not believe the suitable available alternatives are right at present.  We are committed to Church Road for a couple of years, so it depends what becomes available/ and the cost of development of the present site.

Tividale

1.  No, the new leaseholders require the whole site
2.  No.  I believe it is part of a larger deal involving multiple sites.
4.  I am aware.  It is an option.  However, I would like something closer which we can acquire.
5.  The current schedules would represent a mileage increase.  The 202/142 are more or less neutral

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on May 07, 2014, 03:29:01 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 07, 2014, 03:23:59 PM

2.  Yes
6.  No, we werent.

Simon

Dear Sir,

Simon

Thanks very much for your replies.

In this month's fleet update, I couldn't help notice 30302 is withdrawn at Heathrow. Has this vehicle recently sustained accident damage?

Also, the solos withdrawn at Wessex-are they destined to return to Diamond?

Thanks again

We will move 30302 to Redditch.  Which Solo's do you mean?

Cedric

Quote from: Will on May 07, 2014, 03:28:08 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 07, 2014, 03:21:37 PM

Simon

Will

Simon

Well they're not but could you not make either one of them an offer?
Will    they are both tendered routes  (Wholely or Partley) so Simon could not just make them a offer (for the routes)even if he wanted to , it is a case of when the tenders are up companies  putting bids in  . and then the county coucils decied on  who they award the tender to . simon hope
I  got that about right
diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 07, 2014, 03:33:06 PM
Redditch

1.  You are right we competed on the 51.  However, we always intended to remove the Commercial registration on this, and we did just before we acquired the business.  Although we did compete on the 70, from memmory our route was different.
3.  That is not my understanding, having gone through a OFT investigation were both sides had to disclose confidential documents.
5.  Although we have disposal options for ou site.  I do not believe the suitable available alternatives are right at present.  We are committed to Church Road for a couple of years, so it depends what becomes available/ and the cost of development of the present site.

Tividale

4.  I am aware.  It is an option.  However, I would like something closer which we can acquire.
5.  The current schedules would represent a mileage increase.  The 202/142 are more or less neutral

Simon

Simon, many thanks for all your responses.

Re: Redditch

1-3 Regarding the Redditch fleet make-up, I'll leave it there, as obviously you have more information available to you than I do.
5. Is there much scope to increase the width/length of the Plymouth Rd depot is you decide to stay put? And could you possibly demolish the engineering/office block & re-build it in a corner/to one side to open up the parking area? 

2. That's a shame on the glass place, it would have been perfect.
4. Do you have something in mind to acquire that is closer? There does seem to be another vacant plot that may be suitable on the same side as Tividale depot, it's just on the left after you go over the bridge heading towards Dudley Port

As a side note, I notice the Souls 04 plate E300 has been dropped in price from £28k down to £20k in this weeks RouteOne

Dave Spencer

Hi Simon,

Any news with the sale of your Long Acre depot? Is it still up for sale?

Liberator9

Hi Simon; I may have missed something here on the forum but if the Long Acre depot is sold what will happen to the Solihull Signature buses that are currently based there?

P.S Dave; the depot is still on this website

http://search.knightfrank.co.uk/cpd184834

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on May 07, 2014, 03:53:25 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 07, 2014, 03:33:06 PM
Redditch

Tividale

Simon

Simon, many thanks for all your responses.

Re: Redditch

1-3 Regarding the Redditch fleet make-up, I'll leave it there, as obviously you have more information available to you than I do.
5. Is there much scope to increase the width/length of the Plymouth Rd depot is you decide to stay put? And could you possibly demolish the engineering/office block & re-build it in a corner/to one side to open up the parking area? 

2. That's a shame on the glass place, it would have been perfect.
4. Do you have something in mind to acquire that is closer? There does seem to be another vacant plot that may be suitable on the same side as Tividale depot, it's just on the left after you go over the bridge heading towards Dudley Port

As a side note, I notice the Souls 04 plate E300 has been dropped in price from £28k down to £20k in this weeks RouteOne

Winston

Sorry for the delay

In response to your points

Redditch

5.  We are looking at this.

Tividale

2.  I agree
4.  We want to acquire, they are looking to sublet

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Dave Spencer on May 09, 2014, 08:40:34 PM
Hi Simon,

Any news with the sale of your Long Acre depot? Is it still up for sale?

There is no update at the moment

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Liberator9 on May 09, 2014, 10:20:33 PM
Hi Simon; I may have missed something here on the forum but if the Long Acre depot is sold what will happen to the Solihull Signature buses that are currently based there?

P.S Dave; the depot is still on this website

http://search.knightfrank.co.uk/cpd184834

There are 2 options.

1.  We relocate to Redditch
2.  We look to open a depot Coventry/Solihull area to serve this and some other work we have

As we havent sold LAC, we have not rushed looking for a solution

Simon

Trident 4609

Hi Simon,

30406 (YN08 NXL) was working from Long Acre on Sunday on the 50. Is this a transfer from Tividale or did Long Acre really need to borrow a bus on Sunday?

Also to add LA based 30816 was posted on here as working from Tividale last Friday on the 4's.

Do you know if these were just loans or have these swapped garages (30406 and 30816?)

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Nathan on May 13, 2014, 03:06:06 PM
Hi Simon,

30406 (YN08 NXL) was working from Long Acre on Sunday on the 50. Is this a transfer from Tividale or did Long Acre really need to borrow a bus on Sunday?

Also to add LA based 30816 was posted on here as working from Tividale last Friday on the 4's.

Do you know if these were just loans or have these swapped garages (30406 and 30816?)

The 2 vehicles have been swapped around.  YN08NXL has seat belts which has been requested on a specific contract

Simon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk