News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: tank90 on April 30, 2014, 09:40:40 PM
Hi Simon,

Looking at Route-one this evening I couldn't help but notice that the VDLs are now for sale. Is this a joke because if not I may be forced by these actions to tell the people of Redditch about it via the two local rags and maybe even Midlands Today.
I am a loyal passanger and have been for a while, but apon seeing this I feel you are having a laugh. How is it safe to cram 60 people on to a midi Dart Simon how safe?
Some runnings of the 57 and 58 are dangerous as are some of the 51s and 55 and 56s not to meantion the School buses you run.
You had said on here to Winston and I that the VDLs would be used with in the West mids to help with over crowding. Now if the staff at Redditch are not recording numbers propperly then come out to redditch for 1 month not in the summer but with the schools in (this month would be a good start) and see the problems for your self travel on the buses not stay at the bus station. there was a reason why first had the amout of E300s and Double deckers in Redditch it wasnt for show.
The midi darts are far to small for the 51 55 56 57 58 routes with the timings as they are. you have banned DDs from the 51 fair enough but why not ban MPDs from routes as well starting with the X3 and 57 58, It is a joke now Simon get it sorted because as a passenger Im getting fed up of standing like a sardine on a small bus. Because if it doesnt then I will go to the press!

Tank,

I took the decision to contribute towards this forum. 

At all times, I try to act civil and respectful.  However, within your writings there are threats and unnecessary agressive behaviour. 

In Redditch, we have replaced, acquired new and signifcantly improved the fleet.   

Simon

iamwilljh92

Hi Simon,

One futher question from me the Wessex Connect Centro (30007, YJ07 JRV) that was "VOR" in Kidderminster for a brief period is it intended for service in Kidderminster or was it only here temporarily?

Will

Will, all five VDL's including 30007 are currently 'for sale' mentioned at least twice above, Winston

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Will on May 01, 2014, 08:35:01 AM
Hi Simon,

One futher question from me the Wessex Connect Centro (30007, YJ07 JRV) that was "VOR" in Kidderminster for a brief period is it intended for service in Kidderminster or was it only here temporarily?

Will

Will, all five VDL's including 30007 are currently 'for sale' mentioned at least twice above, Winston

Will

Kidderminster MOT'd the vehiicle, and prepared the vehicle for service.

Simon

Cedric

Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 01, 2014, 08:22:58 AM
Hi Simon,

Looking at Route-one this evening I couldn't help but notice that the VDLs are now for sale. Is this a joke because if not I may be forced by these actions to tell the people of Redditch about it via the two local rags and maybe even Midlands Today.
I am a loyal passanger and have been for a while, but apon seeing this I feel you are having a laugh. How is it safe to cram 60 people on to a midi Dart Simon how safe?
Some runnings of the 57 and 58 are dangerous as are some of the 51s and 55 and 56s not to meantion the School buses you run.
You had said on here to Winston and I that the VDLs would be used with in the West mids to help with over crowding. Now if the staff at Redditch are not recording numbers propperly then come out to redditch for 1 month not in the summer but with the schools in (this month would be a good start) and see the problems for your self travel on the buses not stay at the bus station. there was a reason why first had the amout of E300s and Double deckers in Redditch it wasnt for show.
The midi darts are far to small for the 51 55 56 57 58 routes with the timings as they are. you have banned DDs from the 51 fair enough but why not ban MPDs from routes as well starting with the X3 and 57 58, It is a joke now Simon get it sorted because as a passenger Im getting fed up of standing like a sardine on a small bus. Because if it doesnt then I will go to the press!

Tank,

At all times, I try to act civil and respectful.  However, within your writings there are threats and unnecessary agressive behaviour. 

In Redditch, we have replaced, acquired new and signifcantly improved the fleet.   

Simon
Simon
I do not think there is any need for the above  posting to you via the board,  if tank or any one else  (which I  include myself in)  have got things like that. they feel is wrong . they should go through the customer care section on your website or phone diamond not put it in public forum  .
diamond 8\10/125/292

Simon Dunn

Quote from: bowler on May 01, 2014, 10:41:15 AM
Hi Simon,

Tank,

Simon
Simon
I do not think there is any need for the above  posting to you via the board,  if tank or any one else  (which I  include myself in)  have got things like that. they feel is wrong . they should go through the customer care section on your website or phone diamond not put it in public forum  .

Dear Bowler,

Very often its not what you say, but how you say it

Simon

Cedric

Quote from: Simon Dunn on May 01, 2014, 10:45:30 AM
Hi Simon,

Tank,

Simon
Simon

Dear Bowler,

Simon
simon
think I may have worded my post wrong , and you may have thought it was your post I was talking about. it was not yours . it was the one  you where answering. I was on about . can I just say as well since you took over in Kidderminster the services I use have been more reliable and there seams to be more people using there services
diamond 8\10/125/292

StourportSam

Sorry to post off-topic but have Western Greyhound got rid of some solos Diamond Dart?

Sam, they are for sale at Ensign, have been for a while, Winston

http://www.ensignbus.com/single-deckers.html

PM

Quote from: StourportSam on May 01, 2014, 02:25:21 PM
Sorry to post off-topic but have Western Greyhound got rid of some solos Diamond Dart?

Yes, see ensignbus' website:

http://www.ensignbus.com/2006-optare-solo-9m.html and

http://www.ensignbus.com/2006-optare-solo-7m.html. Not 2006 like address says but 59 reg. Presumably the entirety of both batches-none sold yet I don't think.

tank90

Quote from: bowler on May 01, 2014, 11:26:09 AM
Hi Simon,

Tank,

Simon
Simon

Dear Bowler,

Simon
simon
think I may have worded my post wrong , and you may have thought it was your post I was talking about. it was not yours . it was the one  you where answering. I was on about . can I just say as well since you took over in Kidderminster the services I use have been more reliable and there seams to be more people using there services

Bowler I am 100% sure Simon was reffering to me being very hot headed and typing and posting with out planning the post properly. Also Bowler the customer care section dont alway pass it on, because serval people have got hold of them and nothing so far has been done.

Simon, I am sorry for the aggrestion you felt and the wording was very much wrong in the sense I was blaming you personally which I know its not your fault, you can only tell staff what to do not make them. But there is some fact in that posting tho that I think you should be aware of tho Simon and that some of the running of the 51 55 56 57 58 are dangerous because of the MPDs used. Which is why I have reflected upon the post I made and I am truely sorry for being a bull in a china shop and going off in a direction that I should not have even in a PM.
"In Redditch, we have replaced, acquired new and signifcantly improved the fleet", yes ok the 4 E300s and the 5 Streetlites have improved things slightly but they have only part plugged the hole left by First being silly towards you (rotala not you personally) over the E300s from Redditch (kidderminster never had full time allocations of E300s as they only went to KR for MOT and maintance that couldn't be done at RH) but they had got plans for them which didn't include selling them to you last year. As for the Ex Lothain DDs they are having the odd wobble now and then. And over all yes you have, its all low floor what im now saying is there is still a lot more that could be done to put the MDPs on routes best suited to them not the routes the wonder on to.
And again I am sorry for the way I wrote the post to you Simon. I was just  frustated with the fact that I have had some uncomfortable ridings in the past few weeks on small cramped MPDs with 40+ people on board which is a squeeze by any strecth of the imagination.

Daniel
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Simon Dunn

Quote from: tank90 on May 01, 2014, 04:28:35 PM
Quote from: bowler on May 01, 2014, 11:26:09 AM
Hi Simon,

Tank,

Simon
Simon

Dear Bowler,

Simon
simon

Bowler I am 100% sure Simon was reffering to me being very hot headed and typing and posting with out planning the post properly. Also Bowler the customer care section dont alway pass it on, because serval people have got hold of them and nothing so far has been done.

Simon, I am sorry for the aggrestion you felt and the wording was very much wrong in the sense I was blaming you personally which I know its not your fault, you can only tell staff what to do not make them. But there is some fact in that posting tho that I think you should be aware of tho Simon and that some of the running of the 51 55 56 57 58 are dangerous because of the MPDs used. Which is why I have reflected upon the post I made and I am truely sorry for being a bull in a china shop and going off in a direction that I should not have even in a PM.
"In Redditch, we have replaced, acquired new and signifcantly improved the fleet", yes ok the 4 E300s and the 5 Streetlites have improved things slightly but they have only part plugged the hole left by First being silly towards you (rotala not you personally) over the E300s from Redditch (kidderminster never had full time allocations of E300s as they only went to KR for MOT and maintance that couldn't be done at RH) but they had got plans for them which didn't include selling them to you last year. As for the Ex Lothain DDs they are having the odd wobble now and then. And over all yes you have, its all low floor what im now saying is there is still a lot more that could be done to put the MDPs on routes best suited to them not the routes the wonder on to.
And again I am sorry for the way I wrote the post to you Simon. I was just  frustated with the fact that I have had some uncomfortable ridings in the past few weeks on small cramped MPDs with 40+ people on board which is a squeeze by any strecth of the imagination.

Daniel

Daniel

You are correct, I was referring to your posting.

For Redditch we have a specified Bus capacity for every running board.  I have checked a couple of days, and have only found one error.  Which was a 38 seater being used instead of a 44 seater.

We now believe our running boards, and capacity more or less match demand.  Our Operations team have not witnessed any over loadings, so if you have please let me know what route, what time, and where.   Clearly this should not be happening.

You will note when we acquired the Kidderminster and Redditch business, we outlined the historical loss making performance, which was for an accounting period before the BSOG reductions.  I am sure you can appreciate, we are trying to balance, quality, service frequency, investment, and price. 

Simon

winston

Hi Simon,

To be fair to Daniel (Tank90) I can see where he is coming from with some of his points raised re: seated capacity reduction

I.e. prior to Rotala's takeover of the First RH operations, the following were operating in Redditch:

First:
10 x Trident / Plaxton Presidents
2 x Volvo Citybuses
1 x Volvo Olympian
16 x ADL E300's

Red Diamond:
12 x Volvo B7RLE

Since the two operations have been merged, the combined Pvrs & overlapping services rationalized there are far fewer double deckers & full size single decker operating in the town than previous when both operators were competing head to head. Obviously now the operations are combined and the competition from First has been removed, Diamond are now taking 100% of the revenue & carrying all passengers rather than a split of say 50/50 with First previously.

Diamond now have the following:
12 x Volvo B7RLE
5 x Trident Presidents
7 x ADL E300's
1 x MAN/Centro (30801)

Unless I'm mistaken the 5 x new Streetlites aren't the DF Max type, I understand them to effectively be the same length as a full length Dart/E200. Therefore as I see it, there are now 8 x deckers & 8 x full size single deckers less than when First & Diamond we both locked in competition.

Although the First RH operation that Rotala inherited was historically loss making, some of that may well have been down to the fact the like for like competition from Diamond on all of First's main town services and the low fares that resulted on some routes. Surely now the Rotala have both operations, are taking 100% of the Redditch revenue with cost reductions from the rationalization mentioned above and have little of no competition, surely the financial performance from the combined operations should have improved dramatically? 

Back to my query:

I had a ride past Tividale depot today and noticed that only one withdrawn Dart remained parked in the overflow yard, interestingly none of the operational fleet were parked in there & the gates locked. Is it safe to assume that the additional parking is no longer required and Diamond will soon no longer be using it?

I assume the glass recycling facility next to the main Tividale depot is still not available for acquisition?

PM

Hi Simon

I think my reply may have got buried under postings not relevant to the topic. To save searching back through, I will modify and re-post below.

Thanks very much, as ever, for your replies-much appreciated. Just a couple of things:

1) When do you see the remaining JNF's returning to service, presumably at Kidderminster? Do they need much doing to them or do they look worse than they actually are?

2) So would you say that is it as regards Worcestershire network changes, at least for the time being, pre-WCC contract changes being announced?

3) Why do repaints of royales seem to have stalled, as TE now has spare capacity sufficient for repaints, or am I wrong on that?

4) Where abouts is Y283HUA as I haven't seen that for ages?

5) Why has TE been cleared of withdrawn vehicles-would it not be better to keep the scrap cadets there to use directly for spares, or does KR have more engineering expertise?

6) I take it you have been offered the ex Western Greyhound solos. I know you are a fan of Merc Solo's or is it a case of too many small buses still?

7) I understand also that the vast majority of Centro contracts in the Black Country are being re-tendered this year. Have Centro confirmed this with you and do you think this could have a positive or negative impact upon the TE part of the business?

Many thanks and best of luck for trying to further improve your already successful Diamond business. I and I am sure most others feel you and Rotala are doing a fantastic job!

iamwilljh92

Hi Simon,

can you confirm if 20849 (KU52 RYH) will be returning to Kidderminster and if so will this be on a permanent basis?

Will

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

I have to ask about W904 JNF Simon. I am not suggesting for one second Diamond have done anything funny here and am 100% sure there is a reasonable explanation.

But from my observations and searching photo's etc... the 'current' W904 JNF, has a different front, a completely different dashboard, different style of seats, different colour poles, seats in a Stagecoach moquette! (Particularly confusing this one) Gasket not bonded glazing (this is the major change), side destination in a different place and different mirrors to name just the notable differences

StourportSam

Quote from: Will on May 05, 2014, 05:06:54 PM
Hi Simon,

can you confirm if 20849 (KU52 RYH) will be returning to Kidderminster and if so will this be on a permanent basis?

Will

Will I think you have asked that question 5 times or more over the past month or two. I doubt Diamond have a specific plan for this vehicle seeing as it was only a short term loan to cover for VOR Kidderminster buses and is painted black... It can't be their highest priority at the moment.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk