News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Stu on April 25, 2014, 06:28:00 PM
On the subject of Signature, I see on the Signature website that from 27th April, it says that service 30 (Acocks Green to Solihull) will be operated by Diamond Bus.
http://www.signaturebus.com/#/services/4539852359
I take it this will no longer be a Signature service from that date then? (thus freeing up two Signature livery buses?)

Also, for the other Signature services, are there vehicle requirements specified in your contract(s) with Centro any more (wi-fi, leather seats, hybrid bus etc)? If the Citaros do get sold, would you just repaint up a few of the B7RLEs for example, to replace them? Or would you need to source new vehicles?

Just curious, thats all!

This service is no longer a signature specified service as you say.

We have not decided what we will do at present.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Will on April 27, 2014, 08:58:55 PM
Hi Simon,

I'm just wondering if you could tell me whether or not you intend to get (30445, T418 MNH) resprayed or do you not intend to bother with it?

I reckon it would look wonderful with a fresh coat of Blue paint and by the way (30931, VX54 MUO) looks magnificent now that it's had a lick of paint is (30930, VX54 MUC) the next to be resprayed?

Dear Sir,

T418MNH - we are painting the longer term vehicle first.  When we have resolved them, we will review what we need to paint next
VX54MUC - This is due to painted next

Simon

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Simon Dunn on April 28, 2014, 09:15:25 AM
Quote from: Will on April 27, 2014, 08:58:55 PM
Hi Simon,

I'm just wondering if you could tell me whether or not you intend to get (30445, T418 MNH) resprayed or do you not intend to bother with it?

I reckon it would look wonderful with a fresh coat of Blue paint and by the way (30931, VX54 MUO) looks magnificent now that it's had a lick of paint is (30930, VX54 MUC) the next to be resprayed?

Dear Sir,

T418MNH - we are painting the longer term vehicle first.  When we have resolved them, we will review what we need to paint next
VX54MUC - This is due to painted next

Simon

Hi Simon,

Very many thanks for your responce,

Have you got any intentions of placing 30378 (S378 TMB) back into service or does it have mechanical issues?

Will.

PaulW2B

Quote from: Simon Dunn on April 28, 2014, 09:11:41 AM

Paul,

The decision to remove services, was taking by South Gloucestershire Council following a commecial registration from First.

We have kept operating to our times on the X27.  This works around other vehicle workings, and we have no reason to change service timings as I am sure it would cause disruption to customers.

These buses have not been removed from the service.  These two vehicles are too valuable to go for scrap, and have experienced some short term reliability problems, which will be resolved when they revert to operating the service.

Simon, thanks for your reply. However:

1) South Gloucestershire Council tell me that it was Wessex that "cancelled" services after First registered their competing services.

2) There is much ridicule amongst both commuters and casual travellers over the timings of the X27 and X46. Today travelling on the X27, I could see the X46 just a few hundred yards ahead of me for most of the journey. Something really does need to be done.

3) 30005 and 30006 were both taken out of service for around six weeks last summer and temporarily replaced by brand new vehicles. To say their reliability problems are short term is not correct. Even after they returned to service one of them lasted only a few days and disappeared again. If these two vehicles return to operating the X27 service then I will use First on a more or less permanent basis. Just because they have minimal route branding is no excuse to continually use these vehicles on the same service six days a week. Why not remove the branding or transfer it to more reliable buses. While my reference to them going for scrap was a little 'tongue in cheek' I am very worried about seeing either of them again. If you want to operate a reliable service that competes with First, please do reconsider which vehicles you use to operate the X27.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: PaulW2B on April 28, 2014, 04:21:14 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on April 28, 2014, 09:11:41 AM

Paul,

The decision to remove services, was taking by South Gloucestershire Council following a commecial registration from First.

We have kept operating to our times on the X27.  This works around other vehicle workings, and we have no reason to change service timings as I am sure it would cause disruption to customers.

These buses have not been removed from the service.  These two vehicles are too valuable to go for scrap, and have experienced some short term reliability problems, which will be resolved when they revert to operating the service.

Simon, thanks for your reply. However:

1) South Gloucestershire Council tell me that it was Wessex that "cancelled" services after First registered their competing services.

2) There is much ridicule amongst both commuters and casual travellers over the timings of the X27 and X46. Today travelling on the X27, I could see the X46 just a few hundred yards ahead of me for most of the journey. Something really does need to be done.

3) 30005 and 30006 were both taken out of service for around six weeks last summer and temporarily replaced by brand new vehicles. To say their reliability problems are short term is not correct. Even after they returned to service one of them lasted only a few days and disappeared again. If these two vehicles return to operating the X27 service then I will use First on a more or less permanent basis. Just because they have minimal route branding is no excuse to continually use these vehicles on the same service six days a week. Why not remove the branding or transfer it to more reliable buses. While my reference to them going for scrap was a little 'tongue in cheek' I am very worried about seeing either of them again. If you want to operate a reliable service that competes with First, please do reconsider which vehicles you use to operate the X27.

Paul,

1.  South Gloucestershire County Council terminated the contracts due to commercial registrations, and at which point we cancelled the services with VOSA.  That is the facts.
2.  Our service timings have not changed, and unfortunately we can not tell First what to do.
3.  We recognise the vehicles have had some issues, hence why they have been removed.  I am assured on their return the issues will be resolved.

Simon

iamwilljh92

Hi Simon, 

Very many thanks for your previous responce,

Have you got any intentions of placing 30378 (S378 TMB) [the Wessex Connect Dart currently at Kidderminster] back into service or does it have mechanical issues?

Will

StourportSam

Quote from: Will on April 30, 2014, 10:30:00 AM
Hi Simon,

Have you got any intentions of placing 30378 (S378 TMB) [the Wessex Connect Dart currently at Kidderminster] back into service or does it have mechanical issues?

Will

You've already asked that once! Give Simon a chance to respond!

Cedric

Quote from: StourportSam on April 30, 2014, 12:59:50 PM
Hi Simon,

Will

You've already asked that once! Give Simon a chance to respond!
Sam I agree  with you    Will   needs to give simon  time to respond.  he is a very busy man  .
diamond 8\10/125/292

Simon Dunn

Hi Simon,

Will

Will

The bus is now at Kidderminster and is parked up with no plans to re-enter service at present

Simon

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Simon Dunn on April 30, 2014, 01:30:10 PM
Hi Simon,

Will

Will

The bus is now at Kidderminster and is parked up with no plans to re-enter service at present

Simon

That's a shame looks in good condition

PM

Hi Simon

Just a few quick questions from me.

1) You mentioned a while back improving information provision. Would that stretch as far as guides for Redditch or Kidderminster or potentially even the WM. Diamond seems one of the best bus companies on social media and the websites are all fantastic as well but as you I am sure know many bus passengers do not have access to this.

2) If you have too many small vehicles in fleet, would selling or R2B the primos remove what must be inferior vehicles to e200s. Or do you not see the demand.

3) I imagine you saw the yourbus darts recently at ensignbus that have now disappeared. Were you offered a deal on them or is the current e200 something you would consider.

4) Are you testing the water with advertising the sb120 centros for sale?

5) Do you foresee any more JNF darts coming back to service or is that it for present?

6) Aside from changes to the 143 and introduction of the 1 do you see that being it as far as concerns the network review? I appreciate this is commercial info so I can understand if you cannot say. Do you also see demand for adding the 2A/C to your Kidderminster network or increasing the X3 and 143 to half hourly potentially extending to Birmingham. Do you see much of a market for Redditch to Bham routes?

7) Finally with regard to WCC tendered routes is it a case of bidding for existing RHand KR routes you run that are supported or expanding out potentially onto new services currently operated by other companies.

Many thanks  :)

tank90

Hi Simon,

Looking at Route-one this evening I couldn't help but notice that the VDLs are now for sale. Is this a joke because if not I may be forced by these actions to tell the people of Redditch about it via the two local rags and maybe even Midlands Today.
I am a loyal passanger and have been for a while, but apon seeing this I feel you are having a laugh. How is it safe to cram 60 people on to a midi Dart Simon how safe?
Some runnings of the 57 and 58 are dangerous as are some of the 51s and 55 and 56s not to meantion the School buses you run.
You had said on here to Winston and I that the VDLs would be used with in the West mids to help with over crowding. Now if the staff at Redditch are not recording numbers propperly then come out to redditch for 1 month not in the summer but with the schools in (this month would be a good start) and see the problems for your self travel on the buses not stay at the bus station. there was a reason why first had the amout of E300s and Double deckers in Redditch it wasnt for show.
The midi darts are far to small for the 51 55 56 57 58 routes with the timings as they are. you have banned DDs from the 51 fair enough but why not ban MPDs from routes as well starting with the X3 and 57 58, It is a joke now Simon get it sorted because as a passenger Im getting fed up of standing like a sardine on a small bus. Because if it doesnt then I will go to the press!
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Steve6544

When this operator operate the 42wb route they never turn up on time or they stop before a stop for no apparnt reason
This is from my observation
Simon can you help?

nifty50

Quote from: tank90 on April 30, 2014, 09:40:40 PM
Hi Simon,

Looking at Route-one this evening I couldn't help but notice that the VDLs are now for sale. Is this a joke because if not I may be forced by these actions to tell the people of Redditch about it via the two local rags and maybe even Midlands Today.
I am a loyal passanger and have been for a while, but apon seeing this I feel you are having a laugh. How is it safe to cram 60 people on to a midi Dart Simon how safe?
Some runnings of the 57 and 58 are dangerous as are some of the 51s and 55 and 56s not to meantion the School buses you run.
You had said on here to Winston and I that the VDLs would be used with in the West mids to help with over crowding. Now if the staff at Redditch are not recording numbers propperly then come out to redditch for 1 month not in the summer but with the schools in (this month would be a good start) and see the problems for your self travel on the buses not stay at the bus station. there was a reason why first had the amout of E300s and Double deckers in Redditch it wasnt for show.
The midi darts are far to small for the 51 55 56 57 58 routes with the timings as they are. you have banned DDs from the 51 fair enough but why not ban MPDs from routes as well starting with the X3 and 57 58, It is a joke now Simon get it sorted because as a passenger Im getting fed up of standing like a sardine on a small bus. Because if it doesnt then I will go to the press!

At 55k each i dont think you will have to worry about them being sold anytime soon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on April 30, 2014, 02:19:26 PM
Hi Simon

Just a few quick questions from me.

1) You mentioned a while back improving information provision. Would that stretch as far as guides for Redditch or Kidderminster or potentially even the WM. Diamond seems one of the best bus companies on social media and the websites are all fantastic as well but as you I am sure know many bus passengers do not have access to this.

2) If you have too many small vehicles in fleet, would selling or R2B the primos remove what must be inferior vehicles to e200s. Or do you not see the demand.

3) I imagine you saw the yourbus darts recently at ensignbus that have now disappeared. Were you offered a deal on them or is the current e200 something you would consider.

4) Are you testing the water with advertising the sb120 centros for sale?

5) Do you foresee any more JNF darts coming back to service or is that it for present?

6) Aside from changes to the 143 and introduction of the 1 do you see that being it as far as concerns the network review? I appreciate this is commercial info so I can understand if you cannot say. Do you also see demand for adding the 2A/C to your Kidderminster network or increasing the X3 and 143 to half hourly potentially extending to Birmingham. Do you see much of a market for Redditch to Bham routes?

7) Finally with regard to WCC tendered routes is it a case of bidding for existing RHand KR routes you run that are supported or expanding out potentially onto new services currently operated by other companies.

Many thanks  :)

Dear Sir,

In response to your questions

1.  We are in the process of doing this.
2.  We are pursuing all avenues.
3.  No, we werent to be honest we wouldnt have been interested and Ross knows that
4.  Yes
5.  Yes.
6.  The service changes we have implemented are the changes that ultimately came from the network review.
7.  We are awaiting the WCC judgement due in June.

Simon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk