News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on April 24, 2014, 12:26:13 PM
Simon, thanks for previous replies.

Whilst looking through the latest edition Routeone I was a little surprised when I came across the 'for sale' advert below:

http://www.route-one.net/issues/535/index.html#/54/

1. Are the Signature Citaro's being replaced with new/used acquisitions? It's a pity Rotala couldn't do a swap with Yourbus for the B7RLE/Wright & B7RLE/Plaxton's for sale there.

2. Is the intention to still keep the sole Citaro at Preston bus?

3. Also are the 8 x E200's for sale from Wessex as a direct result of the tender losses to First + the new intake of Streetlites? Is there no requirement to transfer them elsewhere within group to replace older MPD's?

Winston,

1.  We are testing the water.  Although the Citaro's are probably the best bus, the after market support is poor and to have only 3 means it is difficult to get geared up properly to support them
2.  Yes
3.  We have too many short buses in the fleet.  Again, we are testing the water. 

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: woody38 on April 24, 2014, 03:38:54 PM
HI Simon what's happening to service 56 Brownhills to Birmingham from June 2014

Minor retiming changes. 

iamwilljh92

Hi Simon,

Many thanks for your previous replies what is happening with (20503, T71 JBA)? As it has been parked up out of service in Kidder for about 2 weeks is it returning to service or is it being transferred back to Redditch? As I know (through reading on here) that X372 CUY has returned to RH. And I'm wondering if JBA will be following suit

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Will on April 25, 2014, 10:59:05 AM
Hi Simon,

Many thanks for your previous replies what is happening with (20503, T71 JBA)? As it has been parked up out of service in Kidder for about 2 weeks is it returning to service or is it being transferred back to Redditch? As I know (through reading on here) that X372 CUY has returned to RH. And I'm wondering if JBA will be following suit

We have removed the vehicle from service.

It has been moved to the spare fleet for the time being

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on April 25, 2014, 07:30:17 AM

Whilst looking through the latest edition Routeone I was a little surprised when I came across the 'for sale' advert below:

1. Are the Signature Citaro's being replaced with new/used acquisitions? It's a pity Rotala couldn't do a swap with Yourbus for the B7RLE/Wright & B7RLE/Plaxton's for sale there.

3. Also are the 8 x E200's for sale from Wessex as a direct result of the tender losses to First + the new intake of Streetlites? Is there no requirement to transfer them elsewhere within group to replace older MPD's?

Winston,

1.  We are testing the water.  Although the Citaro's are probably the best bus, the after market support is poor and to have only 3 means it is difficult to get geared up properly to support them
2.  Yes
3.  We have too many short buses in the fleet.  Again, we are testing the water. 

Simon

Simon,

1. As the one in Preston is being retained, is not a viable option to move the 3 x Signature Mercs up there to join it & replace 3 older single deckers i.e. further Scania/East Lancs? Do you have any contingency plans as yet for what you would use on the 82 Signature services should you find a buyer?
3. Although it is acknowledged that there are too many short buses in the fleet, again is it not a viable option to modernize some of the existing smaller buses at say 'Diamond' and dispense with older S, T & V reg MPD's that are still in service in 'Red Diamond' colours at both Tividale & Redditch depots and allocate a few newer E200's to Kidderminster?

Stu

On the subject of Signature, I see on the Signature website that from 27th April, it says that service 30 (Acocks Green to Solihull) will be operated by Diamond Bus.
http://www.signaturebus.com/#/services/4539852359
I take it this will no longer be a Signature service from that date then? (thus freeing up two Signature livery buses?)

Also, for the other Signature services, are there vehicle requirements specified in your contract(s) with Centro any more (wi-fi, leather seats, hybrid bus etc)? If the Citaros do get sold, would you just repaint up a few of the B7RLEs for example, to replace them? Or would you need to source new vehicles?

Just curious, thats all!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Simon Dunn on April 25, 2014, 11:48:39 AM
Hi Simon,

Best place for it in all honesty on another subject where has 30637 (X637 AKW) gone to? as I've not seen it in Kidderminster for a few days has this also been removed from service?

Cedric

Quote from: Will on April 25, 2014, 11:40:45 PM
Hi Simon,

Best place for it in all honesty on another subject where has 30637 (X637 AKW) gone to? as I've not seen it in Kidderminster for a few days has this also been removed from service?
seen 30637 a few times  since Tuesday it is on the 10 today
diamond 8\10/125/292

iamwilljh92

Quote from: bowler on April 26, 2014, 11:00:05 AM
Hi Simon,

I just seen it go past my house I stand corrected

nitromatt1

Quote from: Will on April 26, 2014, 11:12:33 AM
Quote from: bowler on April 26, 2014, 11:00:05 AM
Hi Simon,

I just seen it go past my house I stand corrected

295 now

Solo1

iamwilljh92

Hi Simon,

I'm just wondering if you could tell me whether or not you intend to get (30445, T418 MNH) resprayed or do you not intend to bother with it?

I reckon it would look wonderful with a fresh coat of Blue paint and by the way (30931, VX54 MUO) looks magnificent now that it's had a lick of paint is (30930, VX54 MUC) the next to be resprayed?

PaulW2B

Quote from: Simon Dunn on April 24, 2014, 08:43:52 AM
7.  I can't comment on "Firsts" intentions.  To be honest, we are better off now they have terminated.

Well I for one miss some of the services that have now transferred to First. Their replacements mean extra expense or switching my commute to First so that I can by a weekly ticket that serves all the services/routes that I need to use each week. The alternative is to do more walking.  :(

However, you do seem to have kept the majority of commuters on the X27 between Yate and Bristol who seem reluctant at present to switch to or at least try First's X46. Admittedly you do run to Anchor Road in Bristol which is an advantage for you. But two questions:

1) Why do you both operate an hourly service at near enough the same timings?
2) Why did it need First to start operating on the route before you stopped using 30005 and 30006? The continued use of these two buses caused much inconvenience, delay and expense to many of my fellow passengers as one or both would fail most days. In fact one of these two failed on both my morning and evening journeys a few weeks back!

By the way, where are 30005 and 30006?. I haven't seen either of them since 11th April, the Friday before First started their competing service. Hopefully they've gone for scrap.  ::)

Simon Dunn

Quote from: PaulW2B on April 27, 2014, 09:36:17 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on April 24, 2014, 08:43:52 AM
7.  I can't comment on "Firsts" intentions.  To be honest, we are better off now they have terminated.

Well I for one miss some of the services that have now transferred to First. Their replacements mean extra expense or switching my commute to First so that I can by a weekly ticket that serves all the services/routes that I need to use each week. The alternative is to do more walking.  :(

However, you do seem to have kept the majority of commuters on the X27 between Yate and Bristol who seem reluctant at present to switch to or at least try First's X46. Admittedly you do run to Anchor Road in Bristol which is an advantage for you. But two questions:

1) Why do you both operate an hourly service at near enough the same timings?
2) Why did it need First to start operating on the route before you stopped using 30005 and 30006? The continued use of these two buses caused much inconvenience, delay and expense to many of my fellow passengers as one or both would fail most days. In fact one of these two failed on both my morning and evening journeys a few weeks back!

By the way, where are 30005 and 30006?. I haven't seen either of them since 11th April, the Friday before First started their competing service. Hopefully they've gone for scrap.  ::)

Paul,

The decision to remove services, was taking by South Gloucestershire Council following a commecial registration from First.

We have kept operating to our times on the X27.  This works around other vehicle workings, and we have no reason to change service timings as I am sure it would cause disruption to customers.

These buses have not been removed from the service.  These two vehicles are too valuable to go for scrap, and have experienced some short term reliability problems, which will be resolved when they revert to operating the service.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on April 25, 2014, 12:51:13 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on April 25, 2014, 07:30:17 AM

Winston,

2.  Yes

Simon

Simon,

1. As the one in Preston is being retained, is not a viable option to move the 3 x Signature Mercs up there to join it & replace 3 older single deckers i.e. further Scania/East Lancs? Do you have any contingency plans as yet for what you would use on the 82 Signature services should you find a buyer?
3. Although it is acknowledged that there are too many short buses in the fleet, again is it not a viable option to modernize some of the existing smaller buses at say 'Diamond' and dispense with older S, T & V reg MPD's that are still in service in 'Red Diamond' colours at both Tividale & Redditch depots and allocate a few newer E200's to Kidderminster?

Winston,

We are looking at options.

Nothing has been decided as yet

Simon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk