News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on March 28, 2014, 03:02:56 PM
Quote from: Will on March 28, 2014, 02:42:35 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on March 28, 2014, 02:33:52 PM
Quote from: Will on March 27, 2014, 02:16:13 PM

Thanks for your response Simon,  will S405 JUA also re-enter service? Or has it gone elsewhere

Will

We are not sure.

Simon

Oh dear why what's wrong with it?

Will

We have too many vehicles, the engine is damaged.  we will repair.  However, we may look to sell once repaired

Simon

Hi Simon,

If your intending to repair S405JUA & then possibly sell it on it, would using S405JUA to allow the withdrawal of non-repainted 30445 T418MNH at Kidderminster not be a better option? At least then S405JUA would earn it's keep for a little longer to go some way towards paying for its recent repaint.

Could T418MNH then be part exchanged for something like this http://www.drewwilson.co.uk/listings/daf-sb120-wright-crusader-service-bus/, thus allowing an older Dart to be withdrawn from Tividale?

Cheers,
Winston

p.s. Have a good holiday!

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Winston on March 28, 2014, 03:21:45 PM

Thanks for your response Simon,  will S405 JUA also re-enter service? Or has it gone elsewhere

Will

We are not sure.

Simon

Will

We have too many vehicles, the engine is damaged.  we will repair.  However, we may look to sell once repaired

Simon

Hi Simon,

If your intending to repair S405JUA & then possibly sell it on it, would using S405JUA to allow the withdrawal of non-repainted 30445 T418MNH at Kidderminster not be a better option? At least then S405JUA would earn it's keep for a little longer to go some way towards paying for its recent repaint.

Could T418MNH then be part exchanged for something like this http://www.drewwilson.co.uk/listings/daf-sb120-wright-crusader-service-bus/, thus allowing an older Dart to be withdrawn from Tividale?

Cheers,
Winston

Winston,  thank you someone else who agree's with me you've hit the nail on the head there and I absolutely 110% agree with you they should get rid of T418 MNH as it would be a waste of money and time repainting that particular vehicle and keep S405 JUA on the road otherwise the repaint they did on that would of been a waste of money and time so Simon honestly it would be in your best interest to do as Winston suggested and to add to it S405 has got at least another 2 or 3 years left in her so please don't get rid

tank90

Hi Simon,
Have you seen in Route one magazine an 04 plate Enviro 300 for sale at £28,000 here the phone number in the ad 01234 710 674.

Idea for Redditch so a lng dart could transfer to Kidderminster.

Ps have a good holiday, and if I have said anything on the forum that was unfair I do apologise.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

winston

Quote from: tank90 on March 28, 2014, 04:01:35 PM
Hi Simon,
Have you seen in Route one magazine an 04 plate Enviro 300 for sale at £28,000 here the phone number in the ad 01234 710 674.

Ps have a good holiday, and if I have said anything on the forum that was unfair I do apologise.

The 4 x 04 plate B7RLE/Wright that Rotala originally sold to Yourbus have now dropped in price by £10K, they are now £35k/each
http://www.catchyourbus.co.uk/aboutus/vehiclesforsale.html

The 2 x 10 plate B7RLE/Plaxton Centro aslo appear to be for sale again @ £90k each

tank90

Quote from: Winston on March 28, 2014, 04:06:24 PM
Quote from: tank90 on March 28, 2014, 04:01:35 PM
Hi Simon,

The 4 x 04 plate B7RLE/Wright that Rotala originally sold to Yourbus have now dropped in price by £10K, they are now £35k/each
http://www.catchyourbus.co.uk/aboutus/vehiclesforsale.html

The 2 x 10 plate B7RLE/Plaxton Centro aslo appear to be for sale again @ £90k each
All would be useful from a passenagers point of view if im being 100% honest.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

StourportSam

Quote from: Will on March 28, 2014, 03:42:34 PM
Quote from: Winston on March 28, 2014, 03:21:45 PM

Will

We are not sure.

Simon

Will

Simon

Hi Simon,

Cheers,
Winston

Winston,  thank you someone else who agree's with me you've hit the nail on the head there and I absolutely 110% agree with you they should get rid of T418 MNH as it would be a waste of money and time repainting that particular vehicle and keep S405 JUA on the road otherwise the repaint they did on that would of been a waste of money and time so Simon honestly it would be in your best interest to do as Winston suggested and to add to it S405 has got at least another 2 or 3 years left in her so please don't get rid

Colour aside, from my observations T418 MNH is a much better vehicle than S405 JUA, which sounded completely knackered when I was on it around December.

Stu

Quote from: Ash on March 27, 2014, 12:29:46 PM
Quote from: Stu on March 25, 2014, 07:12:48 PM
Hi Simon,

I have just one question, regarding a recent VOSA registration change regarding 'route and timetable changes'; what changes are occurring to the 30 service (Acocks Green to Solihull) from 27th April? This date coincides with other changes being made as part of the South Birmingham & Solihull consultation, in particular in the Acocks Green area there are changes to be made to the 1, 3 and 31 NXWM services, though details have not been made available yet.

Hi

New route will be as now from Acocks Green to Blossomfield Road (Swimming Baths), then left Solihull Station Approach, right Streetsbrook Road, ahead at roundabout into Station Road & continue to Poplar Road. Then left Warwick Road, ahead/left Lode Lane, ahead/right at roundabout back into Blossomfield Road then as now.

Buses will only serve the loop and the rail station in Solihull once per trip and in one direction at all times. If necessary the bus can pause for time up to 2 minutes if required in Poplar Road. The time taken in the peaks to do the loop twice around Solihull is equating to half of the journey time, so extra running time has also been built in and additional recovery time at each end. The peak headways are extended to 35 minutes instead of 30 minutes as this had to be done with existing resource.

Thanks
Ash

Many thanks for that, I had almost begun to convince myself that the route change would have been at the Acocks Green end! I probably would have done away with the 30 even going into the station, just turning round at the town centre, passengers for the train station could always get off at the Swimming Baths stop on Blossomfield Road and walk through to the back of the station.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

StourportSam

Hi Simon,

Are you able to tell me what the current PVR is for Kidderminster please, just out of interest?

Also which depot are routes 356/357/358 and S006 operated from please?

Thanks
Sam

iamwilljh92

Hi Simon,

Just wondering if you could tell me when you intend to re-spray these buses

* 30930, VX54 MUC
* 30931, VX54 MUO

obviously 30932 (VX54 MUP) was resprayed around April/May of last year so like I say I'm wondering when you intend to get the other two resprayed. Also is 20849 (KU52 RYH) returning to Kidderminster at some stage?
Hope you had a good holiday and I await your responce

Thanks

Will

Tracline

Hi Simon, really good that you come on here, not like other bus bosses who don't listen to enthusiasts. I was just wandering if some of the other people on this forum would be kind to you and give you the special websites were they find all of these buses for sale, I am sure it would make your job a bit easier if you new what buses were for sale as well as them?

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Tracline on April 04, 2014, 08:23:28 PM
I was just wandering if some of the other people on this forum would be kind to you and give you the special websites were they find all of these buses for sale, I am sure it would make your job a bit easier if you new what buses were for sale as well as them?

All the major trade rags are available in house, I've even browsed a couple of them in reception when I've had to wait whilst others were in meetings!

I think the only benefit to Simon of the 'early warning' system on here is to flag up potential targets. Obviously He can do this himself, but then needs to find the time to trawl through each advertisement. Ditto with dealers websites etc.

Tracline

Ohhhh I see. I would of thought a company as big as Rotala might have people as well as Simon who would know about things like that or maybe places that sell buses would ring up SImon to tell him about what buses they have for sale. He must be really happy to have this group to tell him what buses he should buy and how much they are. This is why other bus bosses should come on here, they are missing out

winston

Quote from: Tracline on April 05, 2014, 01:16:22 PM
Ohhhh I see. I would of thought a company as big as Rotala might have people as well as Simon who would know about things like that or maybe places that sell buses would ring up SImon to tell him about what buses they have for sale. He must be really happy to have this group to tell him what buses he should buy and how much they are. This is why other bus bosses should come on here, they are missing out

Simon, does get approached by dealers sometimes long before we even see an advert in the trade press or on a dealers website. 

PM

Quote from: Winston on April 05, 2014, 01:59:09 PM
Quote from: Tracline on April 05, 2014, 01:16:22 PM

Simon, does get approached by dealers sometimes long before we even see an advert in the trade press or on a dealers website.

Precisely-it is more interesting and useful for us than it probably is for Simon, hence why it is really kind he is prepared to spend time answering questions.

StourportSam

Quote from: Will on April 04, 2014, 06:00:36 PM
Hi Simon,

Just wondering if you could tell me when you intend to re-spray these buses

* 30930, VX54 MUC
* 30931, VX54 MUO

obviously 30932 (VX54 MUP) was resprayed around April/May of last year so like I say I'm wondering when you intend to get the other two resprayed. Also is 20849 (KU52 RYH) returning to Kidderminster at some stage?
Hope you had a good holiday and I await your responce

Thanks

Will

Personally I like seeing the remnant of Barbie around Kidderminster. What with those two buses, First logos on the Oxford Street shelters and First Midland Red bus stop flags everywhere its almost First is haunting the area! Oh yeah and the First logo on a sticker on board VX54 MTE!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk