News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: StourportSam on March 13, 2014, 01:28:03 AM
Quote from: Will on March 12, 2014, 11:22:08 PM
Hi Simon,

Just wondering if you have any updates on the fates of..

1) 30428 - S405 JUA
2) 20851 - KU52 RYN
3) 30639 - YJ06 YPU

Are they returning to service if so when?

And also when is (20849, KU52 RYH) coming back to Kidderminster as I know you said it is and finally is when are (30445, T418 MNH / 30930, VX54 MUC / 30931, VX54 MUO) off for re-spray?

....And finally is (30439, W567 JVV) also coming back to Kidderminster?

I await your updates.

- Will

That's about the 4th time you've repeated that question Will!
I don't think Simon is going to answer it; he would have by now...
Repeating it every few days may just just look impatient?

I believe most of these buses have returned to service.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: StourportSam on March 13, 2014, 10:53:43 AM
Quote from: Will on March 13, 2014, 02:23:29 AM
Yes I knw! It is only because it keeps getting buried under other peoples comments & questions and as it goes I'm probably NOT the only one that repeats themselves on here unfortunatly those that do they go unoticed meanwhile I don't! And futhermore I'm only interested as to why 3 excellent vehicles with no mechanical faults (to our public knowledge) have been V.O.R. Since at least January/early Feb and haven't since returned to service I much prefer those vehicles to the 10 MPDs that Diamond have got (or rather shouldn't have) in Kidderminster I can assure you at least your not like a sardine on S405 JUA where as you would be on T71 JBA (et al)

I'd say MPDs are suitable for some Kidderminster routes, such as the 141, 133 and 4/5.
Simon has already answered why KU52 RYN is VOR - the documentation has been lost and it cannot be taxed.

I know you want to have answers to your questions (I am also interested to know the answers) but Simon chooses to contribute to this forum, doesn't have to, and could easily stop if he felt the thread was being spammed or abused.

Not meaning to be funny at all just friendly advice!

Sam, I totally agree.

Will, you should be grateful for any responses to your questions that you actually get, after all Simon is the Chief Exec of Rotala plc & I'm sure he has more pressing issues to worry about than answering all our questions!!! If you keep badgering him, he could choose to stop contributing althogether, Winston,

I apologise if I havent answered some questions.

It has not been my intention.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 13, 2014, 05:33:11 PM
Hi Simon

Is there any plans to improve reliability on the 226/W. Last few weeks I've noticed that some of the journeys (weekday peaks, Saturday off peak and Sundays) have a habit of running consistently late (Sundays it doesn't help with the 81 running same departure times from Merry hill!). Although sometimes they're coming at times anything up to 5-10 minutes early!

Also, is there any plans to renew the fleet on the 226 as surely the 2 remaining darts that are branded must be worn out near enough having to tackle the hills on the route? It's that bad even solos and B7s have appeared during the daytime!

Anyway that's it from me for a bit.

Cheers

Tom (the trainbasher)

Tom

I have shared your comments with our commercial team.

We need to look at this, and take appropriate action.

Sorry for the delay

Simon

Simon Dunn

All,

I am sorry if I have not been as responsive lately.  I have had a lot on, in preperation for my Holiday, and a number of things we are doing.

FYI I am away after this Saturday for a little over 2 weeks, so if you have questions please ask them in advance.

Around Mid/late April, we are going to re-deploy 5 x VDL Centros from Avonmouth to the Midlands, a further decker to Preston to allow the release of Preston deckers to operate school contracts in Blackpool and also the 07 plate Volvo B7RLE's which should have come up earlier.  We have not yet decided their exact location.

We have (from memmory) 3 x W90*JNF off the road.  These are being returned to service to help with over capacity issues, between all these vehicle movements we do not believe we have a vehicle size problem, we just need to deploy them appropriately.

We have also undertaken some fleet re-organisation to keep mainly darts in Kidderminster to simplify Engineering.

Once all this is all settled down and re-organised we will have a better idea of what if anything needs to be further replaced.

Simon

iamwilljh92

Hi Simon,

I would like to behalf of everyone here wish you a warm welcome back!

I know I have asked before mate and I apologise for repeating but what are the intentions of S405 JUA/YJ06 YPU/KU52 RYN/V383 SVV are these vehicles being withdrawn as I noted when walking past Kidderminster bus garage on Sunday that RYN still has a VOR notice in the windscreen and YPU has a missing front bumper btw I like the 07 Centro parked up in Kidderminster can't wait for that to come into service if indeed it is intended for Kidderminster.

Will.

Stu

Hi Simon,

I have just one question, regarding a recent VOSA registration change regarding 'route and timetable changes'; what changes are occurring to the 30 service (Acocks Green to Solihull) from 27th April? This date coincides with other changes being made as part of the South Birmingham & Solihull consultation, in particular in the Acocks Green area there are changes to be made to the 1, 3 and 31 NXWM services, though details have not been made available yet.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on March 25, 2014, 04:07:59 PM
Quote from: Winston on March 05, 2014, 12:50:30 PM
Hi Simon,

Would the 6 x 55 plate ex Transdev Yorkshire Coastliner B7TL's/Wright Eclipse Gemini's (single door format with coach seats) just taken in to stock at Ensign be of interest to Rotala?

Winston

Winston,

These are not of interest.  The only requirement for double deck is fullfilled by new bus purchases sat in our yard at Long Acre

Simon

Hi Simon,

Many thanks for your replies.

re: the new bus purchases, I assume you are referring to the two new Volvo B9TL/Wright Gemini's for Wessex?

Cheers,

Winston

Ash

Quote from: Stu on March 25, 2014, 07:12:48 PM
Hi Simon,

I have just one question, regarding a recent VOSA registration change regarding 'route and timetable changes'; what changes are occurring to the 30 service (Acocks Green to Solihull) from 27th April? This date coincides with other changes being made as part of the South Birmingham & Solihull consultation, in particular in the Acocks Green area there are changes to be made to the 1, 3 and 31 NXWM services, though details have not been made available yet.

Hi

New route will be as now from Acocks Green to Blossomfield Road (Swimming Baths), then left Solihull Station Approach, right Streetsbrook Road, ahead at roundabout into Station Road & continue to Poplar Road. Then left Warwick Road, ahead/left Lode Lane, ahead/right at roundabout back into Blossomfield Road then as now.

Buses will only serve the loop and the rail station in Solihull once per trip and in one direction at all times. If necessary the bus can pause for time up to 2 minutes if required in Poplar Road. The time taken in the peaks to do the loop twice around Solihull is equating to half of the journey time, so extra running time has also been built in and additional recovery time at each end. The peak headways are extended to 35 minutes instead of 30 minutes as this had to be done with existing resource.

Thanks
Ash

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Will on March 25, 2014, 04:44:56 PM
Hi Simon,

I would like to behalf of everyone here wish you a warm welcome back!

I know I have asked before mate and I apologise for repeating but what are the intentions of S405 JUA/YJ06 YPU/KU52 RYN/V383 SVV are these vehicles being withdrawn as I noted when walking past Kidderminster bus garage on Sunday that RYN still has a VOR notice in the windscreen and YPU has a missing front bumper btw I like the 07 Centro parked up in Kidderminster can't wait for that to come into service if indeed it is intended for Kidderminster.

Will.

Will,

KU52RYN - Will re-enter service on 1st April 2014.
V383SVV - Was repossessed following the colapse of PCL.  This is due to be MOT'd on Friday
YJ06YPU - Awaiting slot to go into Mercedes, for some work.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on March 25, 2014, 10:31:30 PM
Hi Simon,

Would the 6 x 55 plate ex Transdev Yorkshire Coastliner B7TL's/Wright Eclipse Gemini's (single door format with coach seats) just taken in to stock at Ensign be of interest to Rotala?

Winston

Winston,

These are not of interest.  The only requirement for double deck is fullfilled by new bus purchases sat in our yard at Long Acre

Simon

Hi Simon,

re: the new bus purchases, I assume you are referring to the two new Volvo B9TL/Wright Gemini's for Wessex?

Cheers,

Winston

Winston,

That is correct

Simon

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Simon Dunn on March 27, 2014, 01:07:12 PM
Hi Simon,

Winston

Winston,

Simon

Hi Simon,

Cheers,

Winston

Winston,

That is correct

Simon

Thanks for your response Simon,  will S405 JUA also re-enter service? Or has it gone elsewhere

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Will on March 27, 2014, 02:16:13 PM
Hi Simon,

Winston

Winston,

Simon

Hi Simon,

Cheers,

Winston

Winston,

That is correct

Simon

Thanks for your response Simon,  will S405 JUA also re-enter service? Or has it gone elsewhere

Will

We are not sure.

Simon

iamwilljh92

Quote from: Simon Dunn on March 28, 2014, 02:33:52 PM
Hi Simon,

Winston

Winston,

Simon

Hi Simon,

Cheers,

Winston

Winston,

That is correct

Simon

Will

We are not sure.

Simon

Oh dear why what's wrong with it?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Will on March 28, 2014, 02:42:35 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on March 28, 2014, 02:33:52 PM
Hi Simon,

Winston

Winston,

Simon

Hi Simon,

Cheers,

Winston

Winston,

That is correct

Simon

Will

We are not sure.

Simon

Oh dear why what's wrong with it?

Will

We have too many vehicles, the engine is damaged.  we will repair.  However, we may look to sell once repaired

Simon

mranon

re:- s405jua thats ironic seen as its sister has same trouble!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk