News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justdave

Hello Simon

I once worked for you at Tividale when you still had a big hand in the depot.  I see you have put some nice buses on the 301 (I used to do it ) in Walsall and must admit I am impressed.  What about the rest as you still have a lot of tired darts. I left on good terms and still respect Diamond but they have taken a bit of a bashing by the competition with a lot of route stoppages tender losses also it seems a lot of care in the midlands espically the black country has just gone even the hybrids went to Solihull.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: justdave on February 13, 2014, 11:57:43 AM
Hello Simon

I once worked for you at Tividale when you still had a big hand in the depot.  I see you have put some nice buses on the 301 (I used to do it ) in Walsall and must admit I am impressed.  What about the rest as you still have a lot of tired darts. I left on good terms and still respect Diamond but they have taken a bit of a bashing by the competition with a lot of route stoppages tender losses also it seems a lot of care in the midlands espically the black country has just gone even the hybrids went to Solihull.

Dear Dave,

I have never worked at Tividale daily.  I would presume you would mean Scott, who is my brother. 

In response to your questions. 

1.  Medium term once the fleet stablises and everything is rebranded appropriately I do not believe there is a requirement to use a large number of the odler darts
2.  We price contracts so that they are financially viable.  If other operators can operate them cheaper, then good luck to them.  you will notice not all, but a number of operators who take contracts from us, don't last
3.  The Hybrids were not suitable for the route they were operating. 

Simon

nitromatt1

Hi Simon,

Think you missed my question, a few pages back. Was just wondering if, as the 002 is gaining a Sunday service, are there any plans for its operating hours to extend into the evening Mon-Sat?

Matt

Metrorider

Hi Simon.
Don't know if you will be able to answer this one of not? I notice that you are looking for drivers at your Tividale depot at the moment. I have a full PCV licence that I took myself last year and also passed the drivers CPC at the same time. No points on my licence and never had any accidents in more years of driving than I care to remember (I'm 40)  ;)

The only thing I'm lacking is bus driving experience, I've spoken to a couple of your drivers and they have both suggested that a lack of any experience would probably be a problem if I applied. I only live 5 minutes away from your Tividale depot and would love to work for Diamond, just worried I'll be rejected straight away if I apply with no experience?

Many thanks for any help you can give.
Paul.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Metrorider on February 14, 2014, 06:57:16 PM
Hi Simon.
Don't know if you will be able to answer this one of not? I notice that you are looking for drivers at your Tividale depot at the moment. I have a full PCV licence that I took myself last year and also passed the drivers CPC at the same time. No points on my licence and never had any accidents in more years of driving than I care to remember (I'm 40)  ;)

The only thing I'm lacking is bus driving experience, I've spoken to a couple of your drivers and they have both suggested that a lack of any experience would probably be a problem if I applied. I only live 5 minutes away from your Tividale depot and would love to work for Diamond, just worried I'll be rejected straight away if I apply with no experience?

I doubt you'll be rejected straight away as any bus company tends to offer a Driving Assessment. Fail that then you'll be rejected, obviously.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Metrorider on February 14, 2014, 06:57:16 PM
Hi Simon.

Dear Sir

Your lack of experience would not hinder your application

Simon

winston

Hi Simon,

Have Rotala acquired any used Optare Solo's from Kinchbus recently?

Winston

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on February 18, 2014, 05:28:56 PM
Hi Simon,

Have Rotala acquired any used Optare Solo's from Kinchbus recently?

Winston

Winston

I have seen that thread.  I am not sure where it comes from.  The simple answer is no.

Simon

Metrorider

Quote from: Simon Dunn on February 18, 2014, 05:27:35 PM

Dear Sir

Simon

Thanks Simon, dropped the application form off today and got an interview tomorrow! One very happy person here tonight  :D
Paul.

bwsau cymru

Hi Simon would just like to say I think your Diamond Value ticket range is a brilliant idea and ive just had my month pass come through, I know its early but how has the up take been on the ticket range so far?

I would like to as why 30952 hasn't been painted straight away, has it been done yet (sorry if you have already answered this)?

Plus 30408 does stick out down in diamond land are there any plans to join it with any of the other esteem vehicles you have up in preston?

Finally has you noticed numbers down on your 56 service since nxwm introduced the 936?

Best Regards
Danny
campaigning for better transport for all

Metrorider

Dear Sir

Simon

Looks like you were correct Simon as I became your latest recruit today :D Absolutely over the moon at the moment, your recruitment guy at Tividale is a credit to the company (I wont name him on here just in case he don't want to be named), made me feel totally at ease throughout the whole day and the assessment.

Thanks for taking the time to reply on here simon.  :D
Paul.

vinh1000

Quote from: Metrorider on February 19, 2014, 05:11:40 PM
Dear Sir

Simon

Looks like you were correct Simon as I became your latest recruit today :D Absolutely over the moon at the moment, your recruitment guy at Tividale is a credit to the company (I wont name him on here just in case he don't want to be named), made me feel totally at ease throughout the whole day and the assessment.

Congrats :-)
Hope to see you maybe on routes like the 4 soon! :)
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Metrorider

Paul.

Liverpool Street

Dear Sir

Simon

Very well done, mate. There's a lot worse companies out there ;)

Diamond isn't actually that bad. Again, all the best!
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

Christopher

Quote from: Liverpool Street on February 19, 2014, 09:27:18 PM
Dear Sir

Simon

Very well done, mate. There's a lot worse companies out there ;)

Diamond isn't actually that bad. Again, all the best!
Quote from: vinh1000 on February 19, 2014, 06:15:24 PM
Dear Sir

Simon

Congrats :-)
Hope to see you maybe on routes like the 4 soon! :)

Well done hope to see you on the 226
long live x96 branding

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk