News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: bowler on January 31, 2014, 10:15:00 PM
Simon
Just a quick question  when are we likely to see  the results of the Worcestershire review come in play. or  are you waiting to see  how the results of the WCC subsidy review affects  you.  cedric

Cedric

First stage of service changes in Redditch, I believe take effect 26th February 2014.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on February 02, 2014, 12:28:08 AM
Hi Simon,

1. How are Diamond at Redditch finding their 5 x DF Streetlites in terms of fuel consumption / driver & passenger feedback etc ? Obviously First Group are buying large quantities of them, just wondered how Rotala were finding them & if you anticipate buying anymore over & above the two currently being prepared for service at Wessex. I personally much prefer the DF range to the WF version

2. Are there any updates / interest in Long Acre?

3. Do you already have a depot site in Coventry sourced? I.e. at the address in Radford that was posted on the forum

Winston,

1.  The simple answer is they are Satisfactory.  They don't set the world on fire, nor are they a major headache
2.  We have had a lot of interest in LAC.  We have yet to recieve an acceptable offer
3.  Due to 2, not being concluded we have not placed much time and energy into this. 

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: the trainbasher on February 02, 2014, 12:50:26 AM
Hi Simon,

Whilst I was out today I saw both 20183 and 20602 still in Wessex Connect livery. Surely these should be priority for repaint as it's not even in a Diamond livery?

These will be repainted shortly

Simon Dunn

Quote from: dannygill on February 05, 2014, 08:31:03 AM
Hi simon I was just wondering why you remove the metal cover on the wheels on your new busew as I personally think it makes them look smarter?

Danny

As part of a drivers walk round check, they should check all wheel pointers.  With a metal cover, hidding them it is not possible

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on February 05, 2014, 12:28:19 PM
Hi Simon,

Not sure if you are already aware or not? but JPT seem keen to sell their 2 x 09 plate E300's they have since dropped again in price to £60k from £72.5k when originally advertised.

A 56 plate E300 is also now for sale at Stafford Bus Centre with 60 seats (school bus spec), I assume that could be converted without too much expense

Winston

I have seen them both.

I have responded to the JP comment in an earlie response I posted this morning.

On the Stafford Bus E300, I think they are too much money.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: StourportSam on February 06, 2014, 05:02:09 PM
Hi Simon,

Back at the start of January Diamond announced all Redditch and Kidderminster fares were frozen for January 2014.
Does this mean fares in Kidderminster will now be rising?

Thanks
Sam

Sam,

We have made no decision about the future of Kidderminster fares.

Simon

iamwilljh92

Hi Simon,

What seems to be wrong with (30428, S405 JUA) and (30639, YJ06 YPU) as I've noticed that they are currently VOR in Kidderminster and also how much longer will (20851, KU52 RYN) be off the road for?

When is (20849, KU52 RYH) returning to Kidderminster?

Also I noticed the other day that (20654, V654 HEC) was parked up at the back of the depot has it now been repaired?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Will on February 07, 2014, 11:56:22 AM
Hi Simon,

What seems to be wrong with (30428, S405 JUA) and (30639, YJ06 YPU) as I've noticed that they are currently VOR in Kidderminster and also how much longer will (20851, KU52 RYN) be off the road for?

When is (20849, KU52 RYH) returning to Kidderminster?

Also I noticed the other day that (20654, V654 HEC) was parked up at the back of the depot has it now been repaired?

30428 - removed off fleet at present.  We are assessing this alongside some other vehicles
20849 - still awaiting tax
20654 - RTA body damage repaired.  Still some mechanical work to do
30639 - Under repair

Simon

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on February 07, 2014, 07:45:35 AM
Hi Simon,

Not sure if you are already aware or not? but JPT seem keen to sell their 2 x 09 plate E300's they have since dropped again in price to £60k from £72.5k when originally advertised.

A 56 plate E300 is also now for sale at Stafford Bus Centre with 60 seats (school bus spec), I assume that could be converted without too much expense

Winston

I have seen them both.

Simon

Hi Simon,

Many thanks for all your replies,

I don't understand JPT messing you about, they are giving the impression of the weekly price drops on the E300's that they are desperate to sell.

Your comments/experience of the DF Streetlites are also interesting given how keen First Group seem to be on the product. It sounds as though large fleets of Streetlites could potentially cause First Group problems later in their lives if they wear more than their heavier counterparts.

Will Diamond be registering the 4 / 002 & 1st phase of Redditch service revisions on VOSA at short notice, as I've not seen any new registrations for any of the above to date

Southdown PSV have now dropped the price of that 03 plate E300 that's been for sale a while to £22.5K from £27.5K
http://www.southdownpsv.co.uk/sales/bus_details.php?bus=247

I also came across these nearly new WF Streetlites which I suspect may have been the ones that Rotala were originally intending to buy
http://www.venturasales.co.uk/ventura-bus-coach-sales/buses/wrightbus-streetlite-rx12-dyw/

iamwilljh92

Hi Simon, 

Thanks for your response(s)

So does that mean 30428 (along with some others) may be being withdrawn?  It would be a shame if that were to be the case.

Trident 4609

Is there plans to acquire anymore full size single deckers (eg the recently acquired B7RLE's) for Tividale?

Thanks
Nathan

PM

Many Thanks for your replies Simon.

Having seen a photo of one of the eclipses in the new livery and branding. First of all, can I just say I think it looks fantastic and I hope it boosts takings on these services.

How many buses do you anticipate branding with these vinyls?
Do you think some MPDs will be branded for the 142/401e, or cadets which are often used on this group of value services?
Do you plan to put any vinyls on or is that it, finished?

Which buses do you ultimately see as being next to be withdrawn now these b7rles are in service? Old MPDs?

I also see Nigel McCree has some Scania/solars for sale http://www.nigelmccree.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=610:2005-scania-l94ub-euro3-wright-solar&catid=3:buses-category-main&Itemid=4

Could these be of interest to replace esteems or would you say

http://www.drewwilson.co.uk/listings/2007-daf-plaxton-centro/

A 2007 Daf/Centro for £30k was a good price?

Many Thanks

Peter

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Nathan on February 08, 2014, 09:55:17 PM
Is there plans to acquire anymore full size single deckers (eg the recently acquired B7RLE's) for Tividale?

Thanks
Nathan

Nathan,

Not at the minute.  We need to put everything into service, liveried etc.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on February 09, 2014, 07:50:12 PM
Many Thanks for your replies Simon.

Having seen a photo of one of the eclipses in the new livery and branding. First of all, can I just say I think it looks fantastic and I hope it boosts takings on these services.

How many buses do you anticipate branding with these vinyls?
Do you think some MPDs will be branded for the 142/401e, or cadets which are often used on this group of value services?
Do you plan to put any vinyls on or is that it, finished?

Which buses do you ultimately see as being next to be withdrawn now these b7rles are in service? Old MPDs?

I also see Nigel McCree has some Scania/solars for sale http://www.nigelmccree.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=610:2005-scania-l94ub-euro3-wright-solar&catid=3:buses-category-main&Itemid=4

Could these be of interest to replace esteems or would you say

http://www.drewwilson.co.uk/listings/2007-daf-plaxton-centro/

A 2007 Daf/Centro for £30k was a good price?

Many Thanks

Peter

Peter,

1.  We expect the branding to be applied to approx 10 vehicles.
2.  We will remove the older buses, which we percieve are poorer in quality, we have yet to decide which ones.
I am not interested in acquiring any more DAFS

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on February 07, 2014, 01:27:47 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on February 07, 2014, 07:45:35 AM
Hi Simon,

Winston

I have seen them both.

Simon

Hi Simon,

Many thanks for all your replies,

I don't understand JPT messing you about, they are giving the impression of the weekly price drops on the E300's that they are desperate to sell.

Your comments/experience of the DF Streetlites are also interesting given how keen First Group seem to be on the product. It sounds as though large fleets of Streetlites could potentially cause First Group problems later in their lives if they wear more than their heavier counterparts.

Will Diamond be registering the 4 / 002 & 1st phase of Redditch service revisions on VOSA at short notice, as I've not seen any new registrations for any of the above to date

Southdown PSV have now dropped the price of that 03 plate E300 that's been for sale a while to £22.5K from £27.5K
http://www.southdownpsv.co.uk/sales/bus_details.php?bus=247

I also came across these nearly new WF Streetlites which I suspect may have been the ones that Rotala were originally intending to buy
http://www.venturasales.co.uk/ventura-bus-coach-sales/buses/wrightbus-streetlite-rx12-dyw/

Winston

I understand service changes will be up loaded onto the website and facebook this morning

Simon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk