News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Will on January 31, 2014, 07:40:03 PM
Yes Sam I can also confirm (myself) that 30406 isn't staying in Kiddy as when I was at the bus depot yesterday in the office I noticed a whiteboard and written on it in big black letters were this:

30406 - YN08 NXL - LOAN (Tividale).

20851 - KU52 RYN - VOR

20533 - X372 CUY - MOT

...Etc

I think the 4 x 04 plate B7RLE/Wright currently for sale at Yourbus would make ideal purchases for adding a quantity of full size/heavy duty buses to upgrade/increase capacity on the 3/X3 routes at KR. The fact they are now 10 years old and fairly well depreciated should allow the smaller KR operation to justify the purchase of them.

B7RLE/Wright on the used market seem to be few & fair between and generally are in demand judging by the ex Transdev examples

Cedric

Simon
Just a quick question  when are we likely to see  the results of the Worcestershire review come in play. or  are you waiting to see  how the results of the WCC subsidy review affects  you.  cedric
diamond 8\10/125/292

StourportSam

Quote from: Winston on January 31, 2014, 08:08:11 PM
Yes Sam I can also confirm (myself) that 30406 isn't staying in Kiddy as when I was at the bus depot yesterday in the office I noticed a whiteboard and written on it in big black letters were this:

20851 - KU52 RYN - VOR

20533 - X372 CUY - MOT

...Etc

I think the 4 x 04 plate B7RLE/Wright currently for sale at Yourbus would make ideal purchases for adding a quantity of full size/heavy duty buses to upgrade/increase capacity on the 3/X3 routes at KR. The fact they are now 10 years old and fairly well depreciated should allow the smaller KR operation to justify the purchase of them.

B7RLE/Wright on the used market seem to be few & fair between and generally are in demand judging by the ex Transdev examples

I don't think age matters really, just so long as any buses acquired for KR are not less than about 30 seats. B7RLEs are probably ideal. I quite often used to travel on the 56 plate B7RLE/Wright First Kernow have and used to think they would be ideal to replace the Dennis Lances at KR (this was back in 2011/12).
I think KR will always suffer compared to the rest of the Diamond operation as it wasn't what Rotala wanted to acquire and probably brings in the least revenue. That said, Diamond have done very well to upgrade the fleet at Kidderminster with the resources available. This time last year there were quite a few step entry Lances left and all but 3 of the KR allocation were not DDA compliant.

PM

Quote from: bowler on January 31, 2014, 10:15:00 PM
Simon
Just a quick question  when are we likely to see  the results of the Worcestershire review come in play. or  are you waiting to see  how the results of the WCC subsidy review affects  you.  cedric

Pretty sure this has been answered a few times now!

Cedric

Quote from: DiamondDart on February 01, 2014, 02:04:18 PM
Quote from: bowler on January 31, 2014, 10:15:00 PM
Simon

Pretty sure this has been answered a few times now!

what I was  asking was different to . the answers before.  I was asking if  the  results of the Worcestershire subsidy consultaion  on withdrwal
of subsidys  on routes in the county, is delaying the introduction of the diamond review  in the county. and I have looked through the forum before I posted could not find   anything on the subject  appoliges if I missed
diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

Hi Simon,

1. How are Diamond at Redditch finding their 5 x DF Streetlites in terms of fuel consumption / driver & passenger feedback etc ? Obviously First Group are buying large quantities of them, just wondered how Rotala were finding them & if you anticipate buying anymore over & above the two currently being prepared for service at Wessex. I personally much prefer the DF range to the WF version

2. Are there any updates / interest in Long Acre?

3. Do you already have a depot site in Coventry sourced? I.e. at the address in Radford that was posted on the forum

the trainbasher

Hi Simon,

Whilst I was out today I saw both 20183 and 20602 still in Wessex Connect livery. Surely these should be priority for repaint as it's not even in a Diamond livery?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

bwsau cymru

Hi simon I was just wondering why you remove the metal cover on the wheels on your new busew as I personally think it makes them look smarter?
campaigning for better transport for all

winston

Hi Simon,

Not sure if you are already aware or not? but JPT seem keen to sell their 2 x 09 plate E300's they have since dropped again in price to £60k from £72.5k when originally advertised.

A 56 plate E300 is also now for sale at Stafford Bus Centre with 60 seats (school bus spec), I assume that could be converted without too much expense

StourportSam

Hi Simon,

Back at the start of January Diamond announced all Redditch and Kidderminster fares were frozen for January 2014.
Does this mean fares in Kidderminster will now be rising?

Thanks
Sam

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Nathan on January 30, 2014, 05:31:27 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 30, 2014, 04:50:28 PM
Quote from: Nathan on January 28, 2014, 07:32:46 PM
Just one question from me Simon :)

Looking in another thread on the forum, it has been posted that the 4 and 002 are to gain a Sunday service.

Is this true?

Thanks
Nathan

Nathan
Yes

Simon

Thanks for the reply Simon :) I hope these prove a success :) Will B7RLE's (Centro's and Weight Eclipse Urban) be used on the 4 on Sundays like how you allocate B7's to the 301 Sunday service or will Cadets/darts be allocated like in the week?

The intention is to increase the quality of buses on the 4

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 30, 2014, 10:14:13 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 30, 2014, 04:57:24 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on January 29, 2014, 12:14:02 PM
Hi Simon

Just a few quick questions from me:

1) Can you provide any more details about the service enhancements on the 4/002 or on the new route X31?
2) Has 30427 been sold to Select and would it not have been possible to sell them a similar age withdrawn dart such as S395HVV etc
3)What are the plans with regard to the ex first tridents and east lancs tridents? Is the plan to send them to Preston Bus for spares?
4) Do you have any more information about fleet development plans for Preston Bus? Could ex b and h tridents currently at Ensignbus be used to replace the remaining Olympians?
5) Are the enviro300s that JPT are currently selling in Route One something that would be well-priced additional vehicles for Redditch, as there seems to be few decent secondhand single deckers for sale at the moment
6) Are the 2004 b7rle/eclipses that Rotala sold to YourBus originally and are now priced for sale at £45k each something that rotala would be keen to buy?
7) When buses like BX07AXO and BX07KPP came up to Birmingham in the summer, they were repainted blue but I haven't seen them back in service yet at Wessex. Are they being repainted back into Wessex livery?
8 ) What is the plan with regard to a lot of the withdrawn darts at Long Acre and Tividale? Would it be more economical to scrap most of them and keep a couple for spares or just keep them all for spares?
9) Whereabouts is W904JNF and do you envisage W901/4/3JNF or indeed any other buses re-entering service like Y263KNB has to boost capacity at Redditch/kidderminster. If they are not to re-enter service, would it make sense to move them to Redditch/Kidderminster for spare parts?
10) Are there plans for Y283HUA to re-enter service or is it being used for spares? Are the cadets also high up on the priority list for repaint/refurb? Do you currently envisage many of the darts currently at Tividale also being repainted/refurbed?

Many Thanks Again

Peter

Peter

1.  There will be a service, and if you contact our office they can provide a timetable
2.  The vehicle is on a rent to buy agreement.  Following recent second hand bus purchases, this is now surplus to requirements.
3.  They will be used in Preston to cover School contracts from April.  Preston Bus has a number of new school contracts starting.
4.  Nothing has been decided as yet this year.
5.  Following recent fleet additions, they have provided capacity to repaint/refurbish vehicles.  Our immediate priority is to increase repaint programme
6.  If they were the right price we would consider it.
7.  Some of these will return shortly.
8.  We have sold 14 recently and intend, to review this again shortly.
9.  A number of them require work.  This is being done, there is no need at present for them to re-enter service.  We are however, making all off fleet vehicles useable
10. We have not made a decision

Simon

Many thanks on your replies-glad to hear PrestonBus is continuing to win contracts and that more b7rle will be arriving from Wessex fairly soon. Glad to hear about more buses being made roadworthy and best of luck with the new services and thanks for the information about where to get timetables for them from.

I also notice the JPT e300s have dropped in price by £12.5K since first being advertised and are now £65k. Is this a good price for vehicles of this type and age?

Could the following buses http://www.nigelmccree.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=610:2005-scania-l94ub-euro3-wright-solar&catid=3:buses-category-main&Itemid=4

be of interest for Preston replacing esteems or is that no longer the plan

Thanks

Peter

We are always looking to improve the fleet.

I have twice agreed to buy the E300's from JP Travel.  Both times they/ or someone acting for them has stopped the deal.  After a point, you become tired of messing around

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on January 31, 2014, 02:08:08 AM
which operators have now got the 14 diamond buses that they sold

We scrapped the majority

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: StourportSam on January 31, 2014, 05:45:30 PM
Hi Simon,

30406 has made a great addition to boost capacity at Kidderminster on the X3.
Is it planned to stay at Kidderminster, or return to Redditch/Tividale at some point?

Thanks
Sam

Sam

It is only there short term

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on January 31, 2014, 08:08:11 PM

20851 - KU52 RYN - VOR

20533 - X372 CUY - MOT

...Etc

Winston

Scott and I, dont see eye to eye on their value

Simon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk