News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 30, 2014, 02:11:57 PM
Quote from: Winston on January 26, 2014, 11:25:24 PM
Hi Simon,

1. Are Rotala still intending to take delivery of the 5 ex Reading Buses WF Streetlites? As understand it, new DF Streetlites are currently being painted at Hants & Dorset trim for Reading Buses.

2. Do Rotala intend to take advantage of Euro 5 models still being available this year and place any orders for any further new buses?

3. I notice that the advert for the ex Transdev B7RLE has been removed from Southdown PSV's website, I also understand that Transdev themselves are also buying a handful of them for Pvr increases. I take it there's little chance now of Rotala obtaining anymore? They seem in very good condition....

Winston

1.  No
2.  We have 2 due shortly to enter service, these were part of last years order.
3.  We tried to acquire some more to be told they were not available.
Simon

Thanks Simon,

Re: answer No 2, yes I've seen photo's of those at Heysham Docks, have you managed to get an update out of Wrights on your two Volvo B9TL/Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 for Wessex.

Are there no current plans to buy any other new buses during 2014 and take advantage of cheaper Euro 5 models?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Nathan on January 28, 2014, 07:32:46 PM
Just one question from me Simon :)

Looking in another thread on the forum, it has been posted that the 4 and 002 are to gain a Sunday service.

Is this true?

Thanks
Nathan

Nathan

Yes

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 29, 2014, 12:14:02 PM
Hi Simon

Just a few quick questions from me:

1) Can you provide any more details about the service enhancements on the 4/002 or on the new route X31?
2) Has 30427 been sold to Select and would it not have been possible to sell them a similar age withdrawn dart such as S395HVV etc
3)What are the plans with regard to the ex first tridents and east lancs tridents? Is the plan to send them to Preston Bus for spares?
4) Do you have any more information about fleet development plans for Preston Bus? Could ex b and h tridents currently at Ensignbus be used to replace the remaining Olympians?
5) Are the enviro300s that JPT are currently selling in Route One something that would be well-priced additional vehicles for Redditch, as there seems to be few decent secondhand single deckers for sale at the moment
6) Are the 2004 b7rle/eclipses that Rotala sold to YourBus originally and are now priced for sale at £45k each something that rotala would be keen to buy?
7) When buses like BX07AXO and BX07KPP came up to Birmingham in the summer, they were repainted blue but I haven't seen them back in service yet at Wessex. Are they being repainted back into Wessex livery?
8 ) What is the plan with regard to a lot of the withdrawn darts at Long Acre and Tividale? Would it be more economical to scrap most of them and keep a couple for spares or just keep them all for spares?
9) Whereabouts is W904JNF and do you envisage W901/4/3JNF or indeed any other buses re-entering service like Y263KNB has to boost capacity at Redditch/kidderminster. If they are not to re-enter service, would it make sense to move them to Redditch/Kidderminster for spare parts?
10) Are there plans for Y283HUA to re-enter service or is it being used for spares? Are the cadets also high up on the priority list for repaint/refurb? Do you currently envisage many of the darts currently at Tividale also being repainted/refurbed?

Many Thanks Again

Peter

Peter

1.  There will be a service, and if you contact our office they can provide a timetable
2.  The vehicle is on a rent to buy agreement.  Following recent second hand bus purchases, this is now surplus to requirements.
3.  They will be used in Preston to cover School contracts from April.  Preston Bus has a number of new school contracts starting.
4.  Nothing has been decided as yet this year.
5.  Following recent fleet additions, they have provided capacity to repaint/refurbish vehicles.  Our immediate priority is to increase repaint programme
6.  If they were the right price we would consider it.
7.  Some of these will return shortly.
8.  We have sold 14 recently and intend, to review this again shortly.
9.  A number of them require work.  This is being done, there is no need at present for them to re-enter service.  We are however, making all off fleet vehicles useable
10. We have not made a decision

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on January 30, 2014, 03:14:35 PM
Hi Simon,

1. Are Rotala still intending to take delivery of the 5 ex Reading Buses WF Streetlites? As understand it, new DF Streetlites are currently being painted at Hants & Dorset trim for Reading Buses.

2. Do Rotala intend to take advantage of Euro 5 models still being available this year and place any orders for any further new buses?

3. I notice that the advert for the ex Transdev B7RLE has been removed from Southdown PSV's website, I also understand that Transdev themselves are also buying a handful of them for Pvr increases. I take it there's little chance now of Rotala obtaining anymore? They seem in very good condition....

Winston

1.  No
2.  We have 2 due shortly to enter service, these were part of last years order.
Simon

Thanks Simon,

Re: answer No 2, yes I've seen photo's of those at Heysham Docks, have you managed to get an update out of Wrights on your two Volvo B9TL/Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 for Wessex.

Are there no current plans to buy any other new buses during 2014 and take advantage of cheaper Euro 5 models?

Winston,

1.  The deckers are expected at the end of February.
2.  I am sure we will procure some new buses this year.  We have not as yet decided what, how many and where for

Simon

trident4370

Quote from: Liverpool Street on January 30, 2014, 02:38:39 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 30, 2014, 02:14:23 PM
Quote from: trident4370 on January 28, 2014, 07:30:27 PM
Hi Simon, Sorry if these questions have already been asked (a lot of pages to backtrack through) but I thought I would ask just to satisfy curiosity.
Firstly are there any plans to brand the remaining Black hybrids in Signature livery.
Secondly, a little while ago you said the 50 was under review, I just wondered if there were any results/possible service plans yet?
Lastly The Royale Centros currently being repainted already have higher spec interiors, and as the hybrids were originally meant to "upgrade" the 56, would it be an option to repaint the remaining Royale's into Signature livery and have the 56 as Tividale's first 'Signature' route, or is the signature branding exclusive to Solihull routes only?
Thanks in advance.

We are slowly working our way through the fleet.

We had considered painting them into signature livery, but decided against it.

Simon

Rotala have been mentioned on the N&P as the 50 is being amended in March..

Thanks for the answers Simon and LS.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 30, 2014, 04:50:28 PM
Quote from: Nathan on January 28, 2014, 07:32:46 PM
Just one question from me Simon :)

Looking in another thread on the forum, it has been posted that the 4 and 002 are to gain a Sunday service.

Is this true?

Thanks
Nathan

Nathan
Yes

Simon

Thanks for the reply Simon :) I hope these prove a success :) Will B7RLE's (Centro's and Weight Eclipse Urban) be used on the 4 on Sundays like how you allocate B7's to the 301 Sunday service or will Cadets/darts be allocated like in the week?

nitromatt1

Hi Simon,

As the 002 is gaining a Sunday service, will its operating hours be extended into the evening Mon-Sat, or will Mon-Sat timetables remain unaltered?

Matt

PM

Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 30, 2014, 04:57:24 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on January 29, 2014, 12:14:02 PM
Hi Simon

Just a few quick questions from me:

1) Can you provide any more details about the service enhancements on the 4/002 or on the new route X31?
2) Has 30427 been sold to Select and would it not have been possible to sell them a similar age withdrawn dart such as S395HVV etc
3)What are the plans with regard to the ex first tridents and east lancs tridents? Is the plan to send them to Preston Bus for spares?
4) Do you have any more information about fleet development plans for Preston Bus? Could ex b and h tridents currently at Ensignbus be used to replace the remaining Olympians?
5) Are the enviro300s that JPT are currently selling in Route One something that would be well-priced additional vehicles for Redditch, as there seems to be few decent secondhand single deckers for sale at the moment
6) Are the 2004 b7rle/eclipses that Rotala sold to YourBus originally and are now priced for sale at £45k each something that rotala would be keen to buy?
7) When buses like BX07AXO and BX07KPP came up to Birmingham in the summer, they were repainted blue but I haven't seen them back in service yet at Wessex. Are they being repainted back into Wessex livery?
8 ) What is the plan with regard to a lot of the withdrawn darts at Long Acre and Tividale? Would it be more economical to scrap most of them and keep a couple for spares or just keep them all for spares?
9) Whereabouts is W904JNF and do you envisage W901/4/3JNF or indeed any other buses re-entering service like Y263KNB has to boost capacity at Redditch/kidderminster. If they are not to re-enter service, would it make sense to move them to Redditch/Kidderminster for spare parts?
10) Are there plans for Y283HUA to re-enter service or is it being used for spares? Are the cadets also high up on the priority list for repaint/refurb? Do you currently envisage many of the darts currently at Tividale also being repainted/refurbed?

Many Thanks Again

Peter

Peter

1.  There will be a service, and if you contact our office they can provide a timetable
2.  The vehicle is on a rent to buy agreement.  Following recent second hand bus purchases, this is now surplus to requirements.
3.  They will be used in Preston to cover School contracts from April.  Preston Bus has a number of new school contracts starting.
4.  Nothing has been decided as yet this year.
5.  Following recent fleet additions, they have provided capacity to repaint/refurbish vehicles.  Our immediate priority is to increase repaint programme
6.  If they were the right price we would consider it.
7.  Some of these will return shortly.
8.  We have sold 14 recently and intend, to review this again shortly.
9.  A number of them require work.  This is being done, there is no need at present for them to re-enter service.  We are however, making all off fleet vehicles useable
10. We have not made a decision

Simon

Many thanks on your replies-glad to hear PrestonBus is continuing to win contracts and that more b7rle will be arriving from Wessex fairly soon. Glad to hear about more buses being made roadworthy and best of luck with the new services and thanks for the information about where to get timetables for them from.

I also notice the JPT e300s have dropped in price by £12.5K since first being advertised and are now £65k. Is this a good price for vehicles of this type and age?

Could the following buses http://www.nigelmccree.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=610:2005-scania-l94ub-euro3-wright-solar&catid=3:buses-category-main&Itemid=4

be of interest for Preston replacing esteems or is that no longer the plan

Thanks

winston

Hi Simon,

Winston

1.  No

Simon

Hi Simon,

It looks as though it was Rosso that pipped Rotala to snapping up more of the ex Transdev B7RLE's, they are acquired 9, see post from Blazefield Yahoo Group

Rosso is purchasing 9 of the 07 reg Volvo B7RLE's with first four, 1816, 1822, 1824 and 1826 shortly to become 241-244 in the Rosso fleet. These are to be repainted at Bus & Coach World and will be followed by 1829, 1830, 1832, 1835 & 1836 (to become Rosso 245-249) when released by Transdev.

iamwilljh92

Hi Simon,

Meant to ask earlier what has happened to (30500, MW52 PZR) I saw it the other day parked up in Kidderminster with a VOR notice in the windscreen do hope it's okay as that goes like a bomb! Also when will (20851, KU52 RYN) return to service has the paperwork been located yet or not?

Solo1

which operators have now got the 14 diamond buses that they sold

StourportSam

Hi Simon,

30406 has made a great addition to boost capacity at Kidderminster on the X3.
Is it planned to stay at Kidderminster, or return to Redditch/Tividale at some point?

Thanks
Sam

PM

Quote from: StourportSam on January 31, 2014, 05:45:30 PM
Hi Simon,

Is it planned to stay at Kidderminster, or return to Redditch/Tividale at some point?

Thanks
Sam

See Simon's reply from the 22/1.

StourportSam

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 31, 2014, 06:23:11 PM
Quote from: StourportSam on January 31, 2014, 05:45:30 PM
Hi Simon,

Thanks
Sam

See Simon's reply from the 22/1.

Oh Damn.

iamwilljh92

Yes Sam I can also confirm (myself) that 30406 isn't staying in Kiddy as when I was at the bus depot yesterday in the office I noticed a whiteboard and written on it in big black letters were this:

30406 - YN08 NXL - LOAN (Tividale).

20851 - KU52 RYN - VOR

20533 - X372 CUY - MOT

...Etc

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk