News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woody38

Hi Simon was just wondering why Diamond decided not to operate the 360A & C In Coventry

PM

Hi Simon

Just a few quick questions from me

1) Are the royale's the next buses scheduled for repaint at Tividale, being replaced temporarily on the 56 with the new eclipses?
2) I assume that ultimately all the royales, YN08NXL will return to Tividale?
3) Why do Redditch and Kidderminster seem to be loaning a lot of buses at the moment-as Redditch has already had buses like the SN09 centro moved in?
4) Have you had any more information re the new b7rles rotala was looking at negotiating for with a manufacturer?
5) Do you intend to continue with the new depot in Coventry even without the 360A/C contract?
6)Is Y263KNB and W181DNO re-entering service, it is just I see that W181DNO has the DIAMOND is supporting the British Legio sticker attached and Y263KNB is in Long Acre depot?
7)Does rotala feel there is an issue with the reliability of many of the Optare Signature buses which is causing breakdowns and service cancellations? Is there a way of combating this, other than replacing the buses or stationing spares in Solihull?

Many Thanks

Peter

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Will on January 20, 2014, 12:29:08 PM
Problem taxing the vehicle how do you mean Simon?

We have misplaced the registration document

Simon Dunn

Quote from: woody38 on January 20, 2014, 02:51:55 PM
Hi Simon was just wondering why Diamond decided not to operate the 360A & C In Coventry

We were priced the contract based upon the tender information we were provided.

Upon awarded, we noticed that there were inaccuracies within the tender document.  An example would be, the mileage qouted was less than half the actual mileage.

Therefore we discussed this with Centro, and they decided to retender the contract. 

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 21, 2014, 05:40:13 PM
Hi Simon

Just a few quick questions from me

1) Are the royale's the next buses scheduled for repaint at Tividale, being replaced temporarily on the 56 with the new eclipses?
2) I assume that ultimately all the royales, YN08NXL will return to Tividale?
3) Why do Redditch and Kidderminster seem to be loaning a lot of buses at the moment-as Redditch has already had buses like the SN09 centro moved in?
4) Have you had any more information re the new b7rles rotala was looking at negotiating for with a manufacturer?
5) Do you intend to continue with the new depot in Coventry even without the 360A/C contract?
6)Is Y263KNB and W181DNO re-entering service, it is just I see that W181DNO has the DIAMOND is supporting the British Legio sticker attached and Y263KNB is in Long Acre depot?
7)Does rotala feel there is an issue with the reliability of many of the Optare Signature buses which is causing breakdowns and service cancellations? Is there a way of combating this, other than replacing the buses or stationing spares in Solihull?

Many Thanks

Peter

Peter,

1.  There are a number being repainted now.
2.  Yes
3.  We have some short term issues, we are dealing with.
4.  No
5.  Yes, however there is less of a immediate rush now.
6.  We intend to increase the number of spares.  Y263 is being prepared as a result.  There is no intention to return W181DNO to service.
7.  We have had an increase in issues recently.  We are reviewing the reasons for failure and are focusing on dealing with this.

Simon

iamwilljh92

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your responce

Oh dear! What a pickle I can imagine misplacing a document for any vehicle must be quite a headache for all involved.

Few questions:

(1) What has happened to (20849, KU52 RYH) as I do believe it was in Kidderminster very briefly has it now returned to Birmingham?

(2) What's happening with (20654, V654 HEC) I know you said on Monday on here that it had been involved in an RTC is it badly damaged and will it return to service?

(3) What's wrong with (20533, X372 CUY) as I read on here that this is also currently V.O.R. 

...And finally I am pleased that V383 SVV will soon be coming into service long Darts like that are much needed on the number 3 & 10 etc.

woody38

Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 22, 2014, 06:21:04 PM
Quote from: woody38 on January 20, 2014, 02:51:55 PM

We were priced the contract based upon the tender information we were provided.

Upon awarded, we noticed that there were inaccuracies within the tender document.  An example would be, the mileage qouted was less than half the actual mileage.

Therefore we discussed this with Centro, and they decided to retender the contract.

Cheers Simon for the Reply

winston

Hi Simon,

1. Are Rotala still intending to take delivery of the 5 ex Reading Buses WF Streetlites? As understand it, new DF Streetlites are currently being painted at Hants & Dorset trim for Reading Buses.

2. Do Rotala intend to take advantage of Euro 5 models still being available this year and place any orders for any further new buses?

3. I notice that the advert for the ex Transdev B7RLE has been removed from Southdown PSV's website, I also understand that Transdev themselves are also buying a handful of them for Pvr increases. I take it there's little chance now of Rotala obtaining anymore? They seem in very good condition....

trident4370

Hi Simon, Sorry if these questions have already been asked (a lot of pages to backtrack through) but I thought I would ask just to satisfy curiosity.
Firstly are there any plans to brand the remaining Black hybrids in Signature livery.
Secondly, a little while ago you said the 50 was under review, I just wondered if there were any results/possible service plans yet?
Lastly The Royale Centros currently being repainted already have higher spec interiors, and as the hybrids were originally meant to "upgrade" the 56, would it be an option to repaint the remaining Royale's into Signature livery and have the 56 as Tividale's first 'Signature' route, or is the signature branding exclusive to Solihull routes only?
Thanks in advance.

Trident 4609

Just one question from me Simon :)

Looking in another thread on the forum, it has been posted that the 4 and 002 are to gain a Sunday service.

Is this true?

Thanks
Nathan

PM

Hi Simon

Just a few quick questions from me:

1) Can you provide any more details about the service enhancements on the 4/002 or on the new route X31?
2) Has 30427 been sold to Select and would it not have been possible to sell them a similar age withdrawn dart such as S395HVV etc
3)What are the plans with regard to the ex first tridents and east lancs tridents? Is the plan to send them to Preston Bus for spares?
4) Do you have any more information about fleet development plans for Preston Bus? Could ex b and h tridents currently at Ensignbus be used to replace the remaining Olympians?
5) Are the enviro300s that JPT are currently selling in Route One something that would be well-priced additional vehicles for Redditch, as there seems to be few decent secondhand single deckers for sale at the moment
6) Are the 2004 b7rle/eclipses that Rotala sold to YourBus originally and are now priced for sale at £45k each something that rotala would be keen to buy?
7) When buses like BX07AXO and BX07KPP came up to Birmingham in the summer, they were repainted blue but I haven't seen them back in service yet at Wessex. Are they being repainted back into Wessex livery?
8 ) What is the plan with regard to a lot of the withdrawn darts at Long Acre and Tividale? Would it be more economical to scrap most of them and keep a couple for spares or just keep them all for spares?
9) Whereabouts is W904JNF and do you envisage W901/4/3JNF or indeed any other buses re-entering service like Y263KNB has to boost capacity at Redditch/kidderminster. If they are not to re-enter service, would it make sense to move them to Redditch/Kidderminster for spare parts?
10) Are there plans for Y283HUA to re-enter service or is it being used for spares? Are the cadets also high up on the priority list for repaint/refurb? Do you currently envisage many of the darts currently at Tividale also being repainted/refurbed?

Many Thanks Again

Peter

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Will on January 23, 2014, 03:19:20 AM
Hi Simon,

Thanks for your responce

Oh dear! What a pickle I can imagine misplacing a document for any vehicle must be quite a headache for all involved.

Few questions:

(1) What has happened to (20849, KU52 RYH) as I do believe it was in Kidderminster very briefly has it now returned to Birmingham?

(2) What's happening with (20654, V654 HEC) I know you said on Monday on here that it had been involved in an RTC is it badly damaged and will it return to service?

(3) What's wrong with (20533, X372 CUY) as I read on here that this is also currently V.O.R. 

...And finally I am pleased that V383 SVV will soon be coming into service long Darts like that are much needed on the number 3 & 10 etc.

Will

1.  It will return to service in Kidderminster.
2.  It will return to service.  Vehicle currently being repaired
2.  Currently under repair

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on January 26, 2014, 11:25:24 PM
Hi Simon,

1. Are Rotala still intending to take delivery of the 5 ex Reading Buses WF Streetlites? As understand it, new DF Streetlites are currently being painted at Hants & Dorset trim for Reading Buses.

2. Do Rotala intend to take advantage of Euro 5 models still being available this year and place any orders for any further new buses?

3. I notice that the advert for the ex Transdev B7RLE has been removed from Southdown PSV's website, I also understand that Transdev themselves are also buying a handful of them for Pvr increases. I take it there's little chance now of Rotala obtaining anymore? They seem in very good condition....

Winston

1.  No
2.  We have 2 due shortly to enter service, these were part of last years order.
3.  We tried to acquire some more to be told they were not available.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: trident4370 on January 28, 2014, 07:30:27 PM
Hi Simon, Sorry if these questions have already been asked (a lot of pages to backtrack through) but I thought I would ask just to satisfy curiosity.
Firstly are there any plans to brand the remaining Black hybrids in Signature livery.
Secondly, a little while ago you said the 50 was under review, I just wondered if there were any results/possible service plans yet?
Lastly The Royale Centros currently being repainted already have higher spec interiors, and as the hybrids were originally meant to "upgrade" the 56, would it be an option to repaint the remaining Royale's into Signature livery and have the 56 as Tividale's first 'Signature' route, or is the signature branding exclusive to Solihull routes only?
Thanks in advance.

We are slowly working our way through the fleet.

We had considered painting them into signature livery, but decided against it.

Simon

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 30, 2014, 02:14:23 PM
Quote from: trident4370 on January 28, 2014, 07:30:27 PM
Thanks in advance.

We are slowly working our way through the fleet.

We had considered painting them into signature livery, but decided against it.

Simon

Rotala have been mentioned on the N&P as the 50 is being amended in March..
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk