News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StourportSam

Quote from: Will on January 15, 2014, 01:46:26 AM
Ooooh I think I may have started a debate here! :D

It makes me wonder if Simon & co will reconsider about there decision to having exact fare machines installed (after this mini debate) as apposed to not having them I mean if it did happen I can't see alot of people being very impressed with it but at the end of the day it's Rotala's decision and nothing to do with anyone else futhermore if they did decide in future to go ahead with it then hell I'll support them 100% all the way!

No thanks.
As passenger, it is really helpful when drivers have change, there are times when I've had to catch the bus, not had the right change and still been able to board. I wouldn't expect drivers to be able to change anything more than a £5 note but its really helpful for passengers when, say, you have a £2 coin for a £1.20 journey. I can understand NXWM having this policy in Birmingham, but if policies like this are brought in then both bus companies and passengers lose out as it could well put people off travelling. I'm glad Rotala have no plans to do this.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: the trainbasher on January 13, 2014, 10:32:13 AM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 13, 2014, 07:40:21 AM
Quote from: Will on January 10, 2014, 03:14:42 PM
Ahh excellent thats good to know and what has happened to RYN as you never said and I've not seen MW52 PZR for a while is it still around - by the way W905 JNF looks alot better with Diamond decals as apposed to Blue Diamond. Also can I ask are there any future plans to make all Diamond buses 'Exact Fare' to co-incide with NXWM or is that not going to happen

Will

Thanks.

We have no plans tyo move to an Exact Fare policy

Simon

If I remember correctly diamond (Back in go ahead/early Rotala ownership) tried a exact fare on some routes back in 2007/2008 which failed.

This was before our ownership

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on January 14, 2014, 07:35:25 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 13, 2014, 07:41:27 AM
Quote from: bewminster on January 10, 2014, 10:26:02 PM
Quote from: Winston on January 10, 2014, 02:28:44 PM

Hi Simon,

Are you able to announce what the service up lift will be from 26th Jan.

Are Diamond any closer to announcing service changes in RH & KR following the Network Review?
is the diamond Worcestershire review on hold until WCC review in finished ?

Not necessarily.  We are just trying to interpret what is means for us

Simon

Hi Simon,

I was under the impression that only Diamond RH & KR commercial services were being reviewed? Or are Rotala looking to see what tendered routes could be cut by WCC & how those could be incorporated in to the revised commercial service network?

Forgot to ask, when Rotala went to Ensign for the additional 10 buses that were required, were the 2 x 10 plate E300's & 2 x 10 plate B7RLE considered / have Ensign moved on their valuations from previous at all now that they've been for sale a few months?

Winston,

We are trying to work with the various stakeholders to possible incoporate what we can in the wider network. 

The vehicles you mention are owned by YourBus, and there has been some movement

Simon

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 16, 2014, 01:07:03 PM

Hi Simon,

Are Diamond any closer to announcing service changes in RH & KR following the Network Review?

Simon

Hi Simon,

I was under the impression that only Diamond RH & KR commercial services were being reviewed? Or are Rotala looking to see what tendered routes could be cut by WCC & how those could be incorporated in to the revised commercial service network?

Forgot to ask, when Rotala went to Ensign for the additional 10 buses that were required, were the 2 x 10 plate E300's & 2 x 10 plate B7RLE considered / have Ensign moved on their valuations from previous at all now that they've been for sale a few months?

Winston,

We are trying to work with the various stakeholders to possible incoporate what we can in the wider network. 

Simon

Thanks Simon,

Yes, I've since seen that they are being re-instated to cover the additional work Yourbus have gained as a result of the collapse of Doyles. I hadn't realized that they were still with Yourbus, I assumed they were at Ensignbus as the 57 plate ex Wessex Gemini

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on January 16, 2014, 01:50:25 PM

Hi Simon,

Simon

Hi Simon,

Winston,

Simon

Thanks Simon,

Yes, I've since seen that they are being re-instated to cover the additional work Yourbus have gained as a result of the collapse of Doyles. I hadn't realized that they were still with Yourbus, I assumed they were at Ensignbus as the 57 plate ex Wessex Gemini

Winston,

I think he is only re-instating the E300's, but I maybe wrong.

Simon

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 16, 2014, 01:57:45 PM
Quote from: Winston on January 16, 2014, 01:50:25 PM

Hi Simon,

Simon

Hi Simon,

Winston,

Simon

Thanks Simon,

Winston,

I think he is only re-instating the E300's, but I maybe wrong.

Simon

Simon, this was posted on the Yourbus Yahoo group which suggests both the E300's & B7RLE/Centro's have been re-instated?

Afternoon all

The following routes have been acquired from Doyles following their collapse.

From Wednesday 15th Jan routes 143/144/148/151/152/153 will all be operated by Yourbus.

3601/3602/1402/1403 are all being reinstated to cover these services and will repainted over the next few weeks.

Regards Paul

vinh1000

Diamond just announced they are not taking over 360 from 27th January for definite
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

winston

Quote from: vinh1000 on January 17, 2014, 03:25:16 PM
Diamond just announced they are taking over 360 from 27th January for definite

This says the opposite, it says *not* taking over the 360 Coventry Circular here & on FB. Is it a typo? As why announce their not taking it over?
http://www.diamondbuses.com/news/Coventry360Service_176.html

trident4370

Maybe they have announced it to dispel the rumours they are taking it over?

winston

Quote from: trident4370 on January 17, 2014, 03:31:45 PM
Maybe they have announced it to dispel the rumours they are taking it over?

Possibly, unless there was some last minute change?

So, if Diamond aren't taking it over. Have DeCourcey made a last minute offer to retain the contract effectively blocking Diamond from setting up a new base in Coventry? I assume a Coventry depot wouldn't be financially viable without the extra work

StourportSam

Hi Simon,

I was just wondering if you have any information on what is wrong with the following vehicles please?

KU52 RYN
V654 HEC
V383 SVV

I've noticed all of them are currently VOR at Kidderminster.

Also, I haven't seen V382 SVV recently, is this still at Kidderminster?

Thanks,
Sam

vinh1000

Quote from: Winston on January 17, 2014, 03:28:12 PM
Quote from: vinh1000 on January 17, 2014, 03:25:16 PM
Diamond just announced they are taking over 360 from 27th January for definite

This says the opposite, it says *not* taking over the 360 Coventry Circular here & on FB. Is it a typo? As why announce their not taking it over?
http://www.diamondbuses.com/news/Coventry360Service_176.html
Maybe i misinterperet this :(
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Valandil

The really confusing thing is that the timetables and maps are up on the Network West Midlands website with the company name Diamond adjacent!
http://tinyurl.com/ppyxtsx

Simon Dunn

Quote from: StourportSam on January 17, 2014, 05:29:53 PM
Hi Simon,

I was just wondering if you have any information on what is wrong with the following vehicles please?

KU52 RYN
V654 HEC
V383 SVV

I've noticed all of them are currently VOR at Kidderminster.

Also, I haven't seen V382 SVV recently, is this still at Kidderminster?

Thanks,
Sam

Sam,

KU52RYN - There is currently a problem taxing the vehicle.
V654HEC - Was involved in an RTA.
V383SVV  - awaiting MOT.

Simon

iamwilljh92

Problem taxing the vehicle how do you mean Simon?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk