News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Will on January 10, 2014, 03:14:42 PM
Ahh excellent thats good to know and what has happened to RYN as you never said and I've not seen MW52 PZR for a while is it still around - by the way W905 JNF looks alot better with Diamond decals as apposed to Blue Diamond. Also can I ask are there any future plans to make all Diamond buses 'Exact Fare' to co-incide with NXWM or is that not going to happen

Will

Thanks.

We have no plans tyo move to an Exact Fare policy

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: bewminster on January 10, 2014, 10:26:02 PM
Quote from: Winston on January 10, 2014, 02:28:44 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 10, 2014, 02:00:42 PM
Quote from: Will on January 09, 2014, 02:23:46 AM
Hi Simon,  first of all Happy New Year to all at Rotala, I trust you had a pleasent break and good luck for everything in 2014 :)!

What seems to be the trouble with (20851, KU52 RYN) read that it's currently VOR

Is (30445, T418 MNH), being resprayed only I've read stuff on here about that it is although according to what people have said it's currently still in White & Red,
and also are both (30930, VX54 MUO and 30931, VX54 MUC) being resprayed?

And finally...

Congratulations on the eventual sale of R455 CCV it's took a while but I knew it would sell (albeit eventually) who was the person/company that purchased are they a small bus company/individual or is it scrap related and are they taking R503 CNP also?

Will,

1.  KU52RYN
2.  T418MNH - we will repaint in due course
3.  30930  - this will be repainted in due course
4.  30931  - this will be painted in due course

At the present we are quickly painting all the recently acquired vehicles, in preperation for a service up lift on 26th January.

R455 and R503 were sold for scrap to a gentleman from Barnsley called Peter Reddish

Simon

Hi Simon,

Are you able to announce what the service up lift will be from 26th Jan.

Are Diamond any closer to announcing service changes in RH & KR following the Network Review?
is the diamond Worcestershire review on hold until WCC review in finished ?

Not necessarily.  We are just trying to interpret what is means for us

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 12, 2014, 02:25:40 PM
Hi Simon

Just spotted these for sale with Southdown PSV so it looks like the batch is being returned as has been suggested though not through Ensign. Would you say the price was reasonable and that they would be useful buses for rotala when they come into stock? Also, part exchange is mentioned with Southdown PSV-is rotala keen to sell on the remaining YourBus presidents?

http://www.southdownpsv.co.uk/sales/bus_details.php?bus=252

Many Thanks

Peter

Peter,

I have made an offer on some more of these.  I believe however, someone beat me to it. 

Yes, we are looking to sell the YourBus presidents.

Simon

the trainbasher

Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 13, 2014, 07:40:21 AM
Ahh excellent thats good to know and what has happened to RYN as you never said and I've not seen MW52 PZR for a while is it still around - by the way W905 JNF looks alot better with Diamond decals as apposed to Blue Diamond. Also can I ask are there any future plans to make all Diamond buses 'Exact Fare' to co-incide with NXWM or is that not going to happen

Will

Thanks.

Simon

If I remember correctly diamond (Back in go ahead/early Rotala ownership) tried a exact fare on some routes back in 2007/2008 which failed.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

PM

Quote from: the trainbasher on January 13, 2014, 10:32:13 AM

Will

Thanks.

Simon

If I remember correctly diamond (Back in go ahead/early Rotala ownership) tried a exact fare on some routes back in 2007/2008 which failed.

From my experience, giving change is helpful to people and the drivers are really quick at issuing change so it doesn't slow down journey times.

Will

Thanks.

Simon

on the 74 route I recall
it's been a while....

PM

Quote from: 4747 on January 13, 2014, 07:26:35 PM

Will

Thanks.

Simon

on the 74 route I recall

Was this for driver safety more than anything?

Steveminor

Pete's travel used to operate an exact fare policy which worked well.
Claribels don't have any problem with their exact fare policy neither did AMPM.
It adds extra security for the driver & also helps stops drivers sticky fingers.
The number of times I've seen diamond drivers picketing cash I could have bought a dart with the amount I've seen pocketed. Even today an X3 driver was putting all cash fares into his picket & not issuing tickets saying the machine didn't work (strange as he issued me with a connects ticket)

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 13, 2014, 07:41:27 AM
Quote from: bewminster on January 10, 2014, 10:26:02 PM
Quote from: Winston on January 10, 2014, 02:28:44 PM

Hi Simon,

Are you able to announce what the service up lift will be from 26th Jan.

Are Diamond any closer to announcing service changes in RH & KR following the Network Review?
is the diamond Worcestershire review on hold until WCC review in finished ?

Not necessarily.  We are just trying to interpret what is means for us

Simon

Hi Simon,

I was under the impression that only Diamond RH & KR commercial services were being reviewed? Or are Rotala looking to see what tendered routes could be cut by WCC & how those could be incorporated in to the revised commercial service network?

Forgot to ask, when Rotala went to Ensign for the additional 10 buses that were required, were the 2 x 10 plate E300's & 2 x 10 plate B7RLE considered / have Ensign moved on their valuations from previous at all now that they've been for sale a few months?

tank90

Quote from: Steveminor on January 14, 2014, 07:31:03 PM
It adds extra security for the driver & also helps stops drivers sticky fingers.
The number of times I've seen diamond drivers picketing cash I could have bought a dart with the amount I've seen pocketed. Even today an X3 driver was putting all cash fares into his picket & not issuing tickets saying the machine didn't work (strange as he issued me with a connects ticket)

Some times its because also with change drivers can run out of it in a float if they have one and need to use there own money to give change and in other cases they have to make there own floats out of there own money yes i see your point but dont assume, there can be many a reason.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

Tony

Quote from: tank90 on January 14, 2014, 07:37:30 PM

Some times its because also with change drivers can run out of it in a float if they have one and need to use there own money to give change and in other cases they have to make there own floats out of there own money yes i see your point but dont assume, there can be many a reason.

Putting money in his own pocket isn't a problem, not issuing passengers with a ticket, or issuing them with an under valued one is the problem, That is the point Steve mas making!

PM

Quote from: Tony on January 14, 2014, 07:44:01 PM

Putting money in his own pocket isn't a problem, not issuing passengers with a ticket, or issuing them with an under valued one is the problem, That is the point Steve mas making!

Or issuing a ticket which isn't taken, holding on to it and giving it to the next person who pays cash when they board the bus, as opposed to issuing a new ticket...

Surely this kind of thing must be evident from shift totals?

StourportSam

Quote from: DiamondDart on January 14, 2014, 07:46:56 PM
Quote from: Tony on January 14, 2014, 07:44:01 PM

Or issuing a ticket which isn't taken, holding on to it and giving it to the next person who pays cash when they board the bus, as opposed to issuing a new ticket...

Surely this kind of thing must be evident from shift totals?

I've seen this happen many times, both with drivers taking exact money for single fares and not issuing a ticket, and the process described by Diamond Dart. I'm not prepared on a public forum to say where and what operator though.

It wouldn't be evident on shift totals if it doesn't go through the machine and goes straight in a pocket would it? Maybe certain bus services don't lose as much money as is accounted for???

iamwilljh92

Ooooh I think I may have started a debate here! :D

It makes me wonder if Simon & co will reconsider about there decision to having exact fare machines installed (after this mini debate) as apposed to not having them I mean if it did happen I can't see alot of people being very impressed with it but at the end of the day it's Rotala's decision and nothing to do with anyone else futhermore if they did decide in future to go ahead with it then hell I'll support them 100% all the way!

vinh1000

I seen this happen other day when someone wanted a city hop but the driver could not find this option on the Wayfarer so gave him a adult single saved from earlier instead
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk