News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on January 03, 2014, 11:40:51 AM
Quote from: Winston on January 03, 2014, 10:57:26 AM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 03, 2014, 09:45:12 AM
Winston,

3.  We would like to acquire the site, but it is not proving easy.  Alternatively, it may make sense to look for a site in Coventry. 

Simon

Simon,

3. It's a shame the current owners aren't playing ball, the site would be a perfect bolt-on addition to Tividale. Would a potential site in Coventry only be required if Rotala should end up vacating Long Acre - Rotala could always see if Mr DeCourcey was interested in joining the fold  ;)

Coventry - presumably as an outstation for Signature services & National Grid contracts? Isn't the old Midland Red South plot (next door tp Nookies) still vacant?

Yes.  Do you know who is advertising this site?  Do you have the address?

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 03, 2014, 11:46:46 AM
Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on January 03, 2014, 11:40:51 AM
Quote from: Winston on January 03, 2014, 10:57:26 AM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 03, 2014, 09:45:12 AM
Winston,

3.  We would like to acquire the site, but it is not proving easy.  Alternatively, it may make sense to look for a site in Coventry. 

Simon

Simon,

3. It's a shame the current owners aren't playing ball, the site would be a perfect bolt-on addition to Tividale. Would a potential site in Coventry only be required if Rotala should end up vacating Long Acre - Rotala could always see if Mr DeCourcey was interested in joining the fold  ;)

Coventry - presumably as an outstation for Signature services & National Grid contracts? Isn't the old Midland Red South plot (next door tp Nookies) still vacant?

Yes.  Do you know who is advertising this site?  Do you have the address?

No idea on the agents, sorry, address is Rowley Drive - this is just to the north of Coventry (Baginton) airport. Looking at a google map, the former MRS plot appears to have shrunk & I doubt would be large enough (this is the 'light grey' rectangle to the north of DeCourcey's yard & opposite the red 'A' map marker. However, that vacant plot to the east of DeCourceys with a central accommodation building & access off Rowley Road appears to be more promising.

Isle of Stroma

Further to the above, that larger plot appears to be owned by Manheim Auctions:

http://www.manheimremarketing.co.uk/locations/centre/?auction_name=Coventry

The aerial (google) view shows the site to be empty but the street view shows it occupied. I don't know which of the two is the most recent. I've not been there for six months or so, which was when I noticed that the former MRS site was unoccupied.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on January 03, 2014, 12:21:52 PM
Further to the above, that larger plot appears to be owned by Manheim Auctions:

http://www.manheimremarketing.co.uk/locations/centre/?auction_name=Coventry

The aerial (google) view shows the site to be empty but the street view shows it occupied. I don't know which of the two is the most recent. I've not been there for six months or so, which was when I noticed that the former MRS site was unoccupied.

I'm sure its a car rental place now?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

PM

Just a quick question Simon. I was interested to hear your opinion about advertising on buses. Preston seem to have a fair few members of the fleet with adverts and initially rotala applied adverts to vehicles like 30445 etc but this seems to have stopped. Do you think adverts are a worthwhile source of money or not? As many of the ex first fleet already have frames fitted. Or is the simply not the demand like there was in the past?

Thanks

Simon Dunn

Dear Sir,

The demand for advertising has certainly fell since 2008.

Advertising space needs to be managed.  Advertising can soon look a mess. 

From our perspective, we allow advertising on the majority of our fleet (but not all). 

Simon

PM

Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 08, 2014, 01:52:00 PM
Dear Sir,

The demand for advertising has certainly fell since 2008.

Advertising space needs to be managed.  Advertising can soon look a mess. 

From our perspective, we allow advertising on the majority of our fleet (but not all). 

Simon

Thanks for the info-I was just interested

iamwilljh92

Hi Simon,  first of all Happy New Year to all at Rotala, I trust you had a pleasent break and good luck for everything in 2014 :)!

What seems to be the trouble with (20851, KU52 RYN) read that it's currently VOR

Is (30445, T418 MNH), being resprayed only I've read stuff on here about that it is although according to what people have said it's currently still in White & Red,
and also are both (30930, VX54 MUO and 30931, VX54 MUC) being resprayed?

And finally...

Congratulations on the eventual sale of R455 CCV it's took a while but I knew it would sell (albeit eventually) who was the person/company that purchased are they a small bus company/individual or is it scrap related and are they taking R503 CNP also?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Will on January 09, 2014, 02:23:46 AM
Hi Simon,  first of all Happy New Year to all at Rotala, I trust you had a pleasent break and good luck for everything in 2014 :)!

What seems to be the trouble with (20851, KU52 RYN) read that it's currently VOR

Is (30445, T418 MNH), being resprayed only I've read stuff on here about that it is although according to what people have said it's currently still in White & Red,

And finally...

Congratulations on the eventual sale of R455 CCV it's took a while but I knew it would sell (albeit eventually) who was the person/company that purchased are they a small bus company/individual or is it scrap related and are they taking R503 CNP also?

Will,

1.  KU52RYN
2.  T418MNH - we will repaint in due course
3.  30930  - this will be repainted in due course
4.  30931  - this will be painted in due course

At the present we are quickly painting all the recently acquired vehicles, in preperation for a service up lift on 26th January.

R455 and R503 were sold for scrap to a gentleman from Barnsley called Peter Reddish

Simon

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 10, 2014, 02:00:42 PM

And finally...

Will,

1.  KU52RYN

At the present we are quickly painting all the recently acquired vehicles, in preperation for a service up lift on 26th January.

R455 and R503 were sold for scrap to a gentleman from Barnsley called Peter Reddish

Simon

Hi Simon,

Are you able to announce what the service up lift will be from 26th Jan.

Are Diamond any closer to announcing service changes in RH & KR following the Network Review?

iamwilljh92

Ahh excellent thats good to know and what has happened to RYN as you never said and I've not seen MW52 PZR for a while is it still around - by the way W905 JNF looks alot better with Diamond decals as apposed to Blue Diamond. Also can I ask are there any future plans to make all Diamond buses 'Exact Fare' to co-incide with NXWM or is that not going to happen

bususer12

Quote from: Winston on January 10, 2014, 02:28:44 PM

And finally...

Will,

1.  KU52RYN

Simon

Hi Simon,

Are Diamond any closer to announcing service changes in RH & KR following the Network Review?

I think its the 360A/C gain Winston

Cedric

And finally...

Will,

1.  KU52RYN

Simon

Hi Simon,

is the diamond Worcestershire review on hold until WCC review in finished ?
diamond 8\10/125/292

PM

Hi Simon

Just spotted these for sale with Southdown PSV so it looks like the batch is being returned as has been suggested though not through Ensign. Would you say the price was reasonable and that they would be useful buses for rotala when they come into stock? Also, part exchange is mentioned with Southdown PSV-is rotala keen to sell on the remaining YourBus presidents?

http://www.southdownpsv.co.uk/sales/bus_details.php?bus=252

Many Thanks

Peter

Simon Dunn

And finally...

Will,

1.  KU52RYN

Simon

Hi Simon,

Winston,

1.  We are just awaiting for confirmation about 26th.
2.  I understand due to the WCC review, there has been a delay

Simon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk