News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 31, 2013, 07:05:37 AM
Winston,

We believe we will need an additional 10 vehicels from 26th January.  We have therefore acquired the vehicles as a result.  You are correct I am not a fan of the Esteem bodywork however, time is against us.

Simon

Thanks Simon,

Happy New Year to you & Rotala!

Is it safe to assume that Diamond have won the Centro tenders in Coventry for the 360A/360C in its new guise?

Do you anticipate taking any more of the ex Transdev LU B7RLE being returned off lease for fleet replacement? I think there could be up to available 25 in total

Are these B7RLE different to the B7RLE you had an offer on / were underwriting from the manufacturers then?

Cheers,

Winston

PM

Hi Simon

Happy New Year to you and to Rotala group as a whole. Just a quick question-what is with the cadets at Long Acre? Is there a vehicle shortage there at the moment or something and are they loans or permanent transfers?
Also has 30445 gone for repaint/will it go for repaint as I didn't see it in Kidderminster today

Thanks

Peter

StourportSam

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 31, 2013, 06:58:31 PM
Hi Simon

Happy New Year to you and to Rotala group as a whole. Just a quick question-what is with the cadets at Long Acre? Is there a vehicle shortage there at the moment or something and are they loans or permanent transfers?
Also has 30445 gone for repaint/will it go for repaint as I didn't see it in Kidderminster today

Thanks

Peter

30445 has been operating in Kidderminster during the past week, can't remember what day but I seemed to keep catching it to work.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: dannygill on December 31, 2013, 01:01:47 PM
Are the ex transdev ones destined for west mid ops if so which garage

Happy new year from danny

Danny

They are all destined for the West Midlands garages.  We are not sure which one at present. 

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: bewminster on December 31, 2013, 02:38:03 PM
Simon
why was there such a vehicle shortage  in Kidderminster  that caused service not to run for a good part of the day ?

Dear Sir,

We had two breakdowns at once.  I am told that intially we thought there would be one trip lost.  However, things took considerably longer than expected to get back up and running.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on December 31, 2013, 03:45:36 PM
Winston,

We believe we will need an additional 10 vehicels from 26th January.  We have therefore acquired the vehicles as a result.  You are correct I am not a fan of the Esteem bodywork however, time is against us.

Simon

Thanks Simon,

Is it safe to assume that Diamond have won the Centro tenders in Coventry for the 360A/360C in its new guise?

Do you anticipate taking any more of the ex Transdev LU B7RLE being returned off lease for fleet replacement? I think there could be up to available 25 in total

Are these B7RLE different to the B7RLE you had an offer on / were underwriting from the manufacturers then?

Cheers,

Winston

Winston,

1.  We have not been awarded anything as yet.
2.  We have agreed to acquire what is on our fleet list, no more as yet.
3.  These are different to the other ones we have an offer pending on.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Hi Simon

Thanks

Peter

Peter

1.  There is a Cadet at LAC under repair for body damage.
2.  30445 - I believe has gone for paint.

Simon

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 02, 2014, 08:39:51 AM
Winston,

Simon

Thanks Simon,

Cheers,

Winston

Winston,

Simon

Simon, Thanks for your reply,

It would be good if Rotala could buy the remainder of the ex Transdev LU batch of B7RLE for fleet replacement. I suspect that they will have been well looked after, as Transdev/Blazefield seem to refurbish their vehicles regularly and don't appear to scrimp on spending on their vehicles. I was thinking that the higher spec interiors may be useful for upgrading vehicles on longer distance interurban routes such as the 292 & X3 (KR) 143 & 146 (RH), plus possibly upgrading the 50 (LA) with higher spec full size single deckers to offer something different against NXWM & Greenbus double deckers?

Have Rotala had anymore interest in Long Acre or Shady Lane, possible sale or subletting?

PM

Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 02, 2014, 08:41:02 AM
Hi Simon

Thanks

Peter

Peter

1.  There is a Cadet at LAC under repair for body damage.
2.  30445 - I believe has gone for paint.

Simon

Thanks very much for your replies

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on January 02, 2014, 11:26:30 AM
Winston,

Simon

Thanks Simon,

Cheers,

Winston

Winston,

Simon

It would be good if Rotala could buy the remainder of the ex Transdev LU batch of B7RLE for fleet replacement. I suspect that they will have been well looked after, as Transdev/Blazefield seem to refurbish their vehicles regularly and don't appear to scrimp on spending on their vehicles. I was thinking that the higher spec interiors may be useful for upgrading vehicles on longer distance interurban routes such as the 292 & X3 (KR) 143 & 146 (RH), plus possibly upgrading the 50 (LA) with higher spec full size single deckers to offer something different against NXWM & Greenbus double deckers?

Have Rotala had anymore interest in Long Acre or Shady Lane, possible sale or subletting?

Winston,

1.  We have not been offered anymore of the B7RLE batch, you refer to.  Maybe they are not yet ready for disposal.
2.  We have had a numerous viewings at Long Acre.  No offer, which delivers our objective.
3.  At Shady Lane, we have recieved 2 suitable offers.  We have left it with the agent to take one through to conclusion.

Simon

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 02, 2014, 01:24:36 PM
Winston,

Simon

Thanks Simon,

Cheers,

Winston

Winston,

Simon

Winston,

1.  We have not been offered anymore of the B7RLE batch, you refer to.  Maybe they are not yet ready for disposal.
2.  We have had a numerous viewings at Long Acre.  No offer, which delivers our objective.
3.  At Shady Lane, we have recieved 2 suitable offers.  We have left it with the agent to take one through to conclusion.

Simon

Simon, thanks for your response.

- I think the B7RLE are in the process of being returned off lease being replaced by refurbished owned B10BLE, I had thought that they were all due to be returned by Jan 2014. I rightly/wrongly assumed that they may have been offer for sale as a complete batch even if they weren't all immediately available.
- That's good news on Shady Lane, at least that redundant property will release some cash to re-inject within Rotala
- It is still the same with the former glass recycling premises next to Tividale, i.e. the current owners are still undecided?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on January 02, 2014, 01:45:03 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 02, 2014, 01:24:36 PM
Winston,

Simon

Thanks Simon,

Cheers,

Winston

Winston,

Simon

Winston,

Simon

Simon, thanks for your response.

- I think the B7RLE are in the process of being returned off lease being replaced by refurbished owned B10BLE, I had thought that they were all due to be returned by Jan 2014. I rightly/wrongly assumed that they may have been offer for sale as a complete batch even if they weren't all immediately available.
- That's good news on Shady Lane, at least that redundant property will release some cash to re-inject within Rotala
- It is still the same with the former glass recycling premises next to Tividale, i.e. the current owners are still undecided?

Winston,

2.  Although we have offers on Shady Lane, they are for sub-lease.  Not for Sale.
3.  We would like to acquire the site, but it is not proving easy.  Alternatively, it may make sense to look for a site in Coventry. 

Simon

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 03, 2014, 09:45:12 AM
Winston,

2.  Although we have offers on Shady Lane, they are for sub-lease.  Not for Sale.
3.  We would like to acquire the site, but it is not proving easy.  Alternatively, it may make sense to look for a site in Coventry. 

Simon

Simon,

2. Sorry, my mistake, at least Shady Lane will be earning its keep and providing Rotala with an additional source of income
3. It's a shame the current owners aren't playing ball, the site would be a perfect bolt-on addition to Tividale. Would a potential site in Coventry only be required if Rotala should end up vacating Long Acre - Rotala could always see if Mr DeCourcey was interested in joining the fold  ;)

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Winston on January 03, 2014, 10:57:26 AM
Winston,

Simon

Simon,

3. It's a shame the current owners aren't playing ball, the site would be a perfect bolt-on addition to Tividale. Would a potential site in Coventry only be required if Rotala should end up vacating Long Acre - Rotala could always see if Mr DeCourcey was interested in joining the fold  ;)

Coventry - presumably as an outstation for Signature services & National Grid contracts? Isn't the old Midland Red South plot (next door tp Nookies) still vacant?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on January 03, 2014, 10:57:26 AM
Winston,

Simon

Simon,

2. Sorry, my mistake, at least Shady Lane will be earning its keep and providing Rotala with an additional source of income

Winston,

1.  I agree about Tividale. 
2.  We operate a huge amount of dead mileage into Solihull and Coventry, and we for options.

Simon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk