News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Precisely. It is what we constantly see-attempts to just knock rotala for seemingly anything, particularly over the 226 route. I for one hope that people in future use the proper method of complaining and do not post specifics about a driver on a public forum where they are completely unable to defend themselves.

For the record I had a great day travelling about the diamond network including on the 226 which was perfectly on time leaving Dudley and arriving in Merry Hill. The driver on the 002 this morning was a credit to the company and this isn't the first time I have seen him being extremely polite and helpful-he even seemed to know a lot of the passengers...The 226 driver directed a woman to another stand when she didn't know which bus to catch and the driver of the 4H stopped and waited for a woman who flagged down the bus from the opposite side of the road. Top marks I say and the vast vast majority of the drivers give an extremely good impression of the company. Only ever had one incident when that wasn't the case. Had a great day travelling about on diamond buses and I say well done!

nitromatt1

The 002 drivers in particular are extremely friendly and helpful. They are happy to answer any questions (even one I asked about what was wrong with the bus!) and greet/chat with passengers. They are also always immaculately dressed and are a credit to the company.

PM

Quote from: nitromatt1 on December 17, 2013, 08:12:30 PM
The 002 drivers in particular are extremely friendly and helpful. They are happy to answer any questions (even one I asked about what was wrong with the bus!) and greet/chat with passengers. They are also always immaculately dressed and are a credit to the company.

Yeah they seem a pretty regular bunch on there-the tall guy with glasses is the friendliest. Today he was recommending people to buy returns to save them 60p which is very good customer service.

Trident 4609

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 17, 2013, 08:14:59 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on December 17, 2013, 08:12:30 PM

Yeah they seem a pretty regular bunch on there-the tall guy with glasses is the friendliest. Today he was recommending people to buy returns to save them 60p which is very good customer service.

Yes some of the 002 drivers are some of the friendliest drivers i have encountered

vinh1000

Signature Service Drivers also are very friendly and know the regulars
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

StourportSam

Quote from: Will on December 17, 2013, 05:15:43 PM
Slightly off topic I know but whats wrong/happened to/with V388 SVV? How come it has been V.O.R'd? As it was only recently bought over to KD

Isn't it V382 SVV that is VOR?

iamwilljh92

I don't know tbf it's either one or the other

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on December 17, 2013, 12:07:02 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 17, 2013, 06:11:57 AM
Quote from: Winston on December 13, 2013, 09:44:26 AM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 13, 2013, 07:46:16 AM
Quote from: Winston on December 12, 2013, 05:34:44 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 12, 2013, 04:42:13 PM
Quote from: Winston on December 10, 2013, 10:37:51 PM
Hi Simon,

Would Rotala ever consider setting up any new operations in new operating areas from scratch? Or do Rotala prefer to acquire established businesses and build on those?

Have you had any feedback on the B7RLE you made offers on?

Cheers,

Winston

Winston,

We will consider any opportunity.

Still awaiting feedback on our B7RLE offer.  We are under writing a manufacturer deal, so its not straight forward

Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the reply, it doesn't have anything to do with the 3 brand new B7RLE/Wright in dealer white that have been left at Heysham Docks a good couple of weeks?

Cheers,

Winston

Winston,

I have not made an offer on any new B7RLE's

Simon

Thanks Simon,

I obviously got the wrong end of the stick, it was this comment that made me think they have been a cancelled order or something along the lines as the deal involves a manufacturer 'We are under writing a manufacturer deal'

Just one, quick question, are the remainder of the used WF Streelites still due, given the issues with what Mistral have previously supplied?

Winston,

All the Streetlites we have acquired recently are direct from Wrights.  Wrights are unable to confirm any delivery date for the second hand vehicles, so we have put this on hold for the time being.

Simon

Sorry Simon, I'm getting confused. I was thinking these second-hand ones were also from Mistral like the Wessex ones your having issues with. But both new & used are sourced through Wrightbus. Does the same re- lack of delivery dates with the 2 new B9TL/Wright Eclipse for Wessex?

Winston,

At the present moment in time, we have live orders for 2 x DF 10.8 m Streetlites and 2 x New B9TL/Wright Eclipse Gemini all are for Wessex

We have chased delivery dates they were all suppossed to be January.  I am being told that the Streetlites will be done at the factory week 2, I have asked for what that translates to for delivery to Birmingham.  It feels like late January, at the moment we are awaiting an update on the deckers.

I am sorry I can't be more specific

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 17, 2013, 01:07:14 PM
Hi Simon,

Was Diamond consulted by Dudley Council about the "Safety Improvements" (i.e. Plonking a mini roundabout in a stupid place) that is being done at the junction of Moor Street/Hawbush Road on the 226 route? If so, what was Diamonds views considering that because of this mini roundabout it will be making it more awkward to get buses out of Hawbush Road onto Moor Street and vice versa

Dear Sir,

I have checked interrnally, and if we were no one is owning up to it.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Will on December 17, 2013, 05:15:43 PM
Slightly off topic I know but whats wrong/happened to/with V388 SVV? How come it has been V.O.R'd? As it was only recently bought over to KD

I believe the vehicle has recently had an Oil leak, which needed rectification.  The leak took a while to resolve.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: bususer12 on December 17, 2013, 05:24:42 PM
Simon, could you please reprimand driver 10107 for very dangerous driving. According to my ticket, the 1620 226 journey from Dudley arrived at wordsley hospital for 1708, approx 26 mins late. Could you explain that he should call to be adjusted and not risk the lives of those onboard. Of you have rti you will see what i mean in terms of braking, and the distance that he covered in rush hour. Timekeeping compared to hansons is appualing and I feel that Vosa and Centroneed to intervene AGAIN.

Dear Sir,

We will interview the driver about both your comments, and if appropriate we will look to realign his performance. 

In respect to your comments about time keeping.  We have had VOSA monitor this service and during those investigations the service operated with in the window of tolerance above 95%.  I try not to get into conflict on Public forums, but you are suggesting that VOSA and Centro have intervened previously and we have acted outside the terms of our Operators licence.  In a Public forum these comments will be interpreted as accurate unless I advise otherwise.

Therefore, I would like you to tell me, what you think has previously happened and where you have had this information from.  It feels like you are privy to some incorrect information.

Simon   

bususer12

Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 18, 2013, 06:59:53 AM
Simon, could you please reprimand driver 10107 for very dangerous driving. According to my ticket, the 1620 226 journey from Dudley arrived at wordsley hospital for 1708, approx 26 mins late. Could you explain that he should call to be adjusted and not risk the lives of those onboard. Of you have rti you will see what i mean in terms of braking, and the distance that he covered in rush hour. Timekeeping compared to hansons is appualing and I feel that Vosa and Centroneed to intervene AGAIN.

Dear Sir,

We will interview the driver about both your comments, and if appropriate we will look to realign his performance. 

In respect to your comments about time keeping.  We have had VOSA monitor this service and during those investigations the service operated with in the window of tolerance above 95%.  I try not to get into conflict on Public forums, but you are suggesting that VOSA and Centro have intervened previously and we have acted outside the terms of our Operators licence.  In a Public forum these comments will be interpreted as accurate unless I advise otherwise.

Therefore, I would like you to tell me, what you think has previously happened and where you have had this information from.  It feels like you are privy to some incorrect information.

Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply,

Didn't Centro intervene previously regarding the registrations 5 minutes before the other operator, resulting in untimely service from both operators, and therefore the fitted 15 minute frequency introduced.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: bususer12 on December 18, 2013, 07:36:00 AM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 18, 2013, 06:59:53 AM

Dear Sir,

Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply,

Didn't Centro intervene previously regarding the registrations 5 minutes before the other operator, resulting in untimely service from both operators, and therefore the fitted 15 minute frequency introduced.

Dear Sir,

I think you are confusing the role of Centro.  Centro are not a regulator and have no ability to make an operator do anything on any COMMERCIAL service.  We chose to do this.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 17, 2013, 05:49:49 PM
Thanks for your replies Simon.

Just a quick one: is it true diamond are withdrawing off the 301 evening journeys from the end of January?

Thanks

Dear Sir,

From the 26th January we are removing the journeys from 1925 hrs from Mossley and the 1945 from Walsall.

Simon

Liverpool Street

Can I take this opportunity to congratulate your driver on service 66A last night. (2000 Star City departure) Excellent driving standards and a very pleasant manner. According to a ticket I found onboard its driver number 4001. A real credit to your company. On time, well mannered. Please make sure he gets credit which he deserves.

Even over the uneven road at Boldmere resurfacing he made it seem like we were traveling over silk.

That 66A is highly reliable service.. I hope to get that driver again.

All the best,

Charlie.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk