News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on December 13, 2013, 09:44:26 AM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 13, 2013, 07:46:16 AM
Quote from: Winston on December 12, 2013, 05:34:44 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 12, 2013, 04:42:13 PM
Quote from: Winston on December 10, 2013, 10:37:51 PM
Hi Simon,

Would Rotala ever consider setting up any new operations in new operating areas from scratch? Or do Rotala prefer to acquire established businesses and build on those?

Have you had any feedback on the B7RLE you made offers on?

Cheers,

Winston

Winston,

We will consider any opportunity.

Still awaiting feedback on our B7RLE offer.  We are under writing a manufacturer deal, so its not straight forward

Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the reply, it doesn't have anything to do with the 3 brand new B7RLE/Wright in dealer white that have been left at Heysham Docks a good couple of weeks?

Cheers,

Winston

Winston,

I have not made an offer on any new B7RLE's

Simon

Thanks Simon,

I obviously got the wrong end of the stick, it was this comment that made me think they have been a cancelled order or something along the lines as the deal involves a manufacturer 'We are under writing a manufacturer deal'

Just one, quick question, are the remainder of the used WF Streelites still due, given the issues with what Mistral have previously supplied?

Winston,

All the Streetlites we have acquired recently are direct from Wrights.  Wrights are unable to confirm any delivery date for the second hand vehicles, so we have put this on hold for the time being.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: dannygill on December 14, 2013, 09:55:14 PM
Hi simon I was wondering what you make of the scania omnilinks. I noticed that you have some down Wessex way?

were they bought as dealer stock
is there any chance of us getting some up in diamond land?

on another note, I would like to congratulate you on your recruitment and training. I have been using your number 4 service for many years now and have to say that the level of standard of the driver is ever increasing. it is fantastic to see drivers actually hand tickets to your customers and more importantly it is wonderful to see when less abled people get on the bus that driver wait and look in there mirror till they are seated. Personally I think this is excellent customer services and something which I don't see other large operators doing!

Regards
Danny

Danny,

We needed some vehicles quick at the time, and they were the best option.  They have stopped building Omnilinks, so I doubt we will acquire any more. 

Thank you for your positive comments.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Dylan4579 on December 15, 2013, 06:52:33 PM
Hi Simon, are you going to raise your fares in January?

Dylan,

We will review our fares in January, and the Single will increase.

Nbus product prices are agreed by the Nbus committee.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: StourportSam on December 16, 2013, 07:47:37 PM
Hello Simon,

Just out of interest, are you at all able to provide identities for the two Diamond buses (Not the 2 ex First ones) currently in store at Kidderminster depot please?

One is a Black Diamond MPD that looks to be partially stripped for spares.
The other is a Dart in Central Connect livery, again with a few body panels missing. It is also very dirty and looks to have been in store for some time?

I saw them from the bus on my way to work and just wondered as to their identities.

Thank you,
Sam

Sam,

I am guessing you mean

R954YJS
T74JBA

Both these vehicles were badly damaged in none fault accidents, both until recently were awaiting payout.

Simon

PM

Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 17, 2013, 06:17:58 AM
Hello Simon,

Just out of interest, are you at all able to provide identities for the two Diamond buses (Not the 2 ex First ones) currently in store at Kidderminster depot please?

The other is a Dart in Central Connect livery, again with a few body panels missing. It is also very dirty and looks to have been in store for some time?

I saw them from the bus on my way to work and just wondered as to their identities.

Thank you,
Sam

Sam,

I am guessing you mean

R954YJS
T74JBA

Both these vehicles were badly damaged in none fault accidents, both until recently were awaiting payout.

Simon

Is the intention to scrap these or use them for spares as I imagine they will not be repaired?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 17, 2013, 08:07:23 AM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 17, 2013, 06:17:58 AM
Hello Simon,

Thank you,
Sam

Sam,

I am guessing you mean

R954YJS
T74JBA

Simon

Is the intention to scrap these or use them for spares as I imagine they will not be repaired?

They are both at Kidderminster to have the engines removed for use in alternative vehicles.

Once the engines are removed we will either Scrap, or remove parts as they are needed

Simon

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 17, 2013, 06:11:57 AM
Quote from: Winston on December 13, 2013, 09:44:26 AM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 13, 2013, 07:46:16 AM
Quote from: Winston on December 12, 2013, 05:34:44 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 12, 2013, 04:42:13 PM
Quote from: Winston on December 10, 2013, 10:37:51 PM
Hi Simon,

Would Rotala ever consider setting up any new operations in new operating areas from scratch? Or do Rotala prefer to acquire established businesses and build on those?

Have you had any feedback on the B7RLE you made offers on?

Cheers,

Winston

Winston,

We will consider any opportunity.

Still awaiting feedback on our B7RLE offer.  We are under writing a manufacturer deal, so its not straight forward

Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the reply, it doesn't have anything to do with the 3 brand new B7RLE/Wright in dealer white that have been left at Heysham Docks a good couple of weeks?

Cheers,

Winston

Winston,

I have not made an offer on any new B7RLE's

Simon

Thanks Simon,

I obviously got the wrong end of the stick, it was this comment that made me think they have been a cancelled order or something along the lines as the deal involves a manufacturer 'We are under writing a manufacturer deal'

Just one, quick question, are the remainder of the used WF Streelites still due, given the issues with what Mistral have previously supplied?

Winston,

All the Streetlites we have acquired recently are direct from Wrights.  Wrights are unable to confirm any delivery date for the second hand vehicles, so we have put this on hold for the time being.

Simon

Sorry Simon, I'm getting confused. I was thinking these second-hand ones were also from Mistral like the Wessex ones your having issues with. But both new & used are sourced through Wrightbus. Does the same re- lack of delivery dates with the 2 new B9TL/Wright Eclipse for Wessex?

the trainbasher

Hi Simon,

Was Diamond consulted by Dudley Council about the "Safety Improvements" (i.e. Plonking a mini roundabout in a stupid place) that is being done at the junction of Moor Street/Hawbush Road on the 226 route? If so, what was Diamonds views considering that because of this mini roundabout it will be making it more awkward to get buses out of Hawbush Road onto Moor Street and vice versa

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: the trainbasher on December 17, 2013, 01:07:14 PM
Hi Simon,

Was Diamond consulted by Dudley Council about the "Safety Improvements" (i.e. Plonking a mini roundabout in a stupid place) that is being done at the junction of Moor Street/Hawbush Road on the 226 route? If so, what was Diamonds views considering that because of this mini roundabout it will be making it more awkward to get buses out of Hawbush Road onto Moor Street and vice versa

And those mini islands on the 16 route are hellishly high. Last time I was on there the Diamond driver took it too narrow and I was chucked out of my seat. Wasn't the drivers fault the islands shouldn't be that high.
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

iamwilljh92

Slightly off topic I know but whats wrong/happened to/with V388 SVV? How come it has been V.O.R'd? As it was only recently bought over to KD

bususer12

Simon, could you please reprimand driver 10107 for very dangerous driving. According to my ticket, the 1620 226 journey from Dudley arrived at wordsley hospital for 1708, approx 26 mins late. Could you explain that he should call to be adjusted and not risk the lives of those onboard. Of you have rti you will see what i mean in terms of braking, and the distance that he covered in rush hour. Timekeeping compared to hansons is appualing and I feel that Vosa and Centroneed to intervene AGAIN.

PM

Thanks for your replies Simon.

Just a quick one: is it true diamond are withdrawing off the 301 evening journeys from the end of January?

Thanks

Quote from: bususer12 on December 17, 2013, 05:24:42 PM
Simon, could you please reprimand driver 10107 for very dangerous driving. According to my ticket, the 1620 226 journey from Dudley arrived at wordsley hospital for 1708, approx 26 mins late. Could you explain that he should call to be adjusted and not risk the lives of those onboard. Of you have rti you will see what i mean in terms of braking, and the distance that he covered in rush hour. Timekeeping compared to hansons is appualing and I feel that Vosa and Centroneed to intervene AGAIN.

Do you really think a public forum to be the best/most efficent way to complain about matters like this?.........If so I suggest you man up and make a phone call or send an email to the company instead of being an internet warrior....
it's been a while....

Tony

Quote from: 4747 on December 17, 2013, 07:00:41 PM

Do you really think a public forum to be the best/most efficent way to complain about matters like this?.........If so I suggest you man up and make a phone call or send an email to the company intead of being an internet warrior....

Well apart from the fact there isn't a fleetnumber 10107

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Tony on December 17, 2013, 07:15:29 PM
Quote from: 4747 on December 17, 2013, 07:00:41 PM

Do you really think a public forum to be the best/most efficent way to complain about matters like this?.........If so I suggest you man up and make a phone call or send an email to the company intead of being an internet warrior....

Well apart from the fact there isn't a fleetnumber 10107

I think he must mean the driver ID printed on the ticket, but I do agree specifics like this should be reported by the proper methods

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk