News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Stephen,

Just a quick one,

I think that Monopoly Diamond livery is the best thing to come out of Rotala. Well done: Diamond - on the face of it - is proving to be more and more professional as the year goes on. I've seen it in the flesh and I think it'll be a real success.

Keep up the good work
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

stephen

Quote from: Liverpool Street on December 09, 2013, 05:02:34 PM
Stephen,

Just a quick one,

I think that Monopoly Diamond livery is the best thing to come out of Rotala. Well done: Diamond - on the face of it - is proving to be more and more professional as the year goes on. I've seen it in the flesh and I think it'll be a real success.

Keep up the good work

Thank you very much! I will pass that to the team.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: tank90 on December 06, 2013, 03:57:40 PM
Hi Simon,

Would anything from Arriva Bus and Coach be useful to Diamond as they seem to have some interesting buses still

http://www.arrivabusandcoach.co.uk/index.php

I am not a fan of VDL engine buses, so no.  Not really

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 09, 2013, 01:12:29 PM
Quote from: stephen on December 09, 2013, 10:13:50 AM
Quote from: jc on December 09, 2013, 07:01:22 AM
Quote from: stephen on December 05, 2013, 01:59:51 PM
This may be of interest to you all as it has been commissioned by Diamond and Redditch Town Centre Partnership businesses and includes a special Diamond Bus Playing Piece!

www.redditchmonopoly.com

There is an Urban running round with branding for this, looks to be a white/silver vinyl, only seen it this morning and was very dark! Looked to be either 30857 or 30858, Im sure Simon can tell us which, thanks

http://www.redditchstandard.co.uk/2013/12/09/news-Redditch-Monopoly-goes-on-sale-91708.html

Hi,

It is a Volvo B7RLE Wright Eclipse 12.1m - 30857 (BU08 DHO). It is silver (RAL 9007) with Special Diamond Monopoly Livery.

Is it just a vinyl or a full proper repaint out of interest?

And thanks for your replies Simon and Stephen. Just a couple of quick ones:

1) Do you have any idea when network changes will be implemented?

2) Has rotala recently bought any MAN/meridians as I think Simon mentioned there were offers on some of them, only they are appearing as sold on Santander's website.

Thanks

Peter

Peter

No we havent acquired any

Simon

winston

Hi Simon,

Would Rotala ever consider setting up any new operations in new operating areas from scratch? Or do Rotala prefer to acquire established businesses and build on those?

Have you had any feedback on the B7RLE you made offers on?

Cheers,

Winston

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on December 10, 2013, 10:37:51 PM
Hi Simon,

Would Rotala ever consider setting up any new operations in new operating areas from scratch? Or do Rotala prefer to acquire established businesses and build on those?

Cheers,

Winston

Winston,

We will consider any opportunity.

Still awaiting feedback on our B7RLE offer.  We are under writing a manufacturer deal, so its not straight forward

Simon

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 12, 2013, 04:42:13 PM
Hi Simon,

Cheers,

Winston

Winston,

Still awaiting feedback on our B7RLE offer.  We are under writing a manufacturer deal, so its not straight forward

Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the reply, it doesn't have anything to do with the 3 brand new B7RLE/Wright in dealer white that have been left at Heysham Docks a good couple of weeks?

Cheers,

Winston

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on December 12, 2013, 05:34:44 PM
Hi Simon,

Cheers,

Winston

Winston,

Simon

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the reply, it doesn't have anything to do with the 3 brand new B7RLE/Wright in dealer white that have been left at Heysham Docks a good couple of weeks?

Cheers,

Winston

Winston,

I have not made an offer on any new B7RLE's

Simon

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 13, 2013, 07:46:16 AM
Quote from: Winston on December 12, 2013, 05:34:44 PM
Hi Simon,

Cheers,

Winston

Winston,

Simon

Hi Simon,

Cheers,

Winston

Winston,

I have not made an offer on any new B7RLE's

Simon

Thanks Simon,

I obviously got the wrong end of the stick, it was this comment that made me think they have been a cancelled order or something along the lines as the deal involves a manufacturer 'We are under writing a manufacturer deal'

Just one, quick question, are the remainder of the used WF Streelites still due, given the issues with what Mistral have previously supplied?

bwsau cymru

Hi simon I was wondering what you make of the scania omnilinks. I noticed that you have some down Wessex way?

were they bought as dealer stock
is there any chance of us getting some up in diamond land?

on another note, I would like to congratulate you on your recruitment and training. I have been using your number 4 service for many years now and have to say that the level of standard of the driver is ever increasing. it is fantastic to see drivers actually hand tickets to your customers and more importantly it is wonderful to see when less abled people get on the bus that driver wait and look in there mirror till they are seated. Personally I think this is excellent customer services and something which I don't see other large operators doing!

Regards
Danny
campaigning for better transport for all

Dylan4579

Hi Simon, are you going to raise your fares in January?

PM

Quote from: bewminster on December 15, 2013, 07:08:55 PM
Simon
When will we know  how the  Worcestershire review 
will change the  bus services in the area.

Already been answered by Stephen on the forum not long back...

winston

Quote from: bewminster on December 15, 2013, 07:59:20 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on December 15, 2013, 07:33:22 PM
Simon

could not find anything myself that is why I was asking   what is title of the thread where stephens post is

Pg34 of this thread

The Network Review changes are still being discussed internally and will hopefully be agreed in the coming weeks. Registrations will be submitted once this process has finished but I cannot give you a date I am afraid.

Cedric

Quote from: Winston on December 15, 2013, 08:02:46 PM
Quote from: bewminster on December 15, 2013, 07:59:20 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on December 15, 2013, 07:33:22 PM
Simon

could not find anything myself that is why I was asking   what is title of the thread where stephens post is

Pg34 of this thread

The Network Review changes are still being discussed internally and will hopefully be agreed in the coming weeks. Registrations will be submitted once this process has finished but I cannot give you a date I am afraid.
thanks found it now so I have delete my post  asking the question
diamond 8\10/125/292

StourportSam

Hello Simon,

Just out of interest, are you at all able to provide identities for the two Diamond buses (Not the 2 ex First ones) currently in store at Kidderminster depot please?

One is a Black Diamond MPD that looks to be partially stripped for spares.
The other is a Dart in Central Connect livery, again with a few body panels missing. It is also very dirty and looks to have been in store for some time?

I saw them from the bus on my way to work and just wondered as to their identities.

Thank you,
Sam

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk