News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tank90

Quote from: Will on December 03, 2013, 11:23:59 PM
Tony: Yes good point I guess but if they did it could the do 2A service which YX51 MUO was doing recently

Will I think if I read rightly somewhere on here or Midland Red net First MRW stripped it of useful parts and plus it hasnt turned over in years and is as good as scrap due to that. So I think Whittles wouldn't waste the time or money on it.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

PM

And Simon replied 30428 was going to have engine issues resolved and would return to service...

StourportSam

Quote from: tank90 on December 04, 2013, 12:28:27 AM
Quote from: Will on December 03, 2013, 11:23:59 PM
Tony: Yes good point I guess but if they did it could the do 2A service which YX51 MUO was doing recently

Will I think if I read rightly somewhere on here or Midland Red net First MRW stripped it of useful parts and plus it hasnt turned over in years and is as good as scrap due to that. So I think Whittles wouldn't waste the time or money on it.

Whittle won't want it, they are proud of their all low floor fleet, even if it was blighted by 418 for a year or so.
It is full of what looks like spare seats and it has lots of bits missing. It is good for nothing but SCRAP by its appearance

StourportSam

Quote from: Simon Dunn on November 27, 2013, 09:17:42 PM
Quote from: StourportSam on November 26, 2013, 06:51:16 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on November 26, 2013, 05:16:24 PM
Quote from: StourportSam on November 25, 2013, 07:17:33 PM
Hello Simon,

I have been impressed by the professionalism Diamond has shown since the takeover in Redditch and Kidderminster, but I am now concerned at the number of shorter and older buses being transferred to Kidderminster particularly replacing longer and in some case newer buses. I understand this is presumably a result of replacing all the non-DDA First vehicles acquired and the stock available to the company presently. However, my question is are there plans in the short term to increase the number of larger vehicles at Kidderminster? In the past few weeks I have noticed a high volume of MPDs on routes such as the X3, 303, 10 and 3 - the loadings of which surely deserve bigger buses. For example, last Friday an MPD was put on the first bus out of Stourport after 0930 and was full and standing all the way to Kidderminster - the driver had to tell passengers waiting in Birchen Coppice to catch the Whittle service behind! It was not a pleasant journey. I have also seen a few full and standing service 10s.

I ask because I am concerned Diamond has a risk of undoing some of the progress it has made in the area and becoming almost as disliked by passengers as FIRST! I have heard several comments from passengers moaning the service is the same, etc. Hopefully your network review will improve matters.

Apologies for the rant and essay in my first question to you.

Sam

Sam,

Since we acquired Kidderminster we have removed every Lance, and every old First Dart.  My perception is that we have replaced them apart from one or two exceptions with considerably newer versions.

I note your comment about short buses, and on some of the services you have highlighted that should not be happening.  What vehicles do you think we have removed/moved which are newer?

Simon

Thank you for your reply Simon. On reflection you have jogged my memory as to the lances and P reg darts from First Diamond have ousted. I was thinking particularly of 20004, 20010, 20810, 20811, 20841 and 20844 which have recently departed for Preston and Wessex to seemingly be replaced by the likes of 20503, 20504, 20469, 20652-8, 20361, 30445, etc. I understand some of these vehicles came from Redditch after transferring the 133 et al to Kidderminster but still that seems a retrograde step in my opinion.

30860 is allocated to Kidderminster, but I hardly seem to see it - even when the depot is closed and full on a Sunday. Is there any reason for this please?

Finally, could you confirm for me if I am right in thinking R455 CCV and S405 JUA have been withdrawn and are unlikely to see further use with Rotala?

Sam,

I am home now, and out for a couple of days.  So I am struggling to look at the specific type registration number of vehicles you are referring to.  Some of the buses that should be in Kidderminster are in Redditch and vice versa.  Over this weekend, this will be changed.  R455CCV - we are looking to sell.  S405JUA, there is an engine fault which we are looking to repair.

Simon

Hello Simon,

After my concern with short buses last week V382 and 388 SVV appeared in Kidderminster it would seem by magic and seem to have made an improvement in capacity for Kidderminster. I has a pleasant ride to work on one of them Friday morning! They are in a nice shiny coat of Diamond blue as well.

However, I did see one incident where Diamond could improve yesterday. One of the SVV full length darts was on service 5 (empty) and a full and standing X3 left the town hall at the same time with one of the LG02 MPDs. Surely this sort of thing is allocated and can be avoided with effective planning?

One more question if I may, two 2009 centros have been mentioned on here. I was wondering if either or both of these are intended for Kidderminster, as that is what seems to have been hinted at on here?

The newer buses I mentioned above that have left Kidderminster are 06/56/58/09 plate solos to be replaced by S/T/V/W darts.

Don't get me wrong - - I like Diamond and I think the company is doing the best it can with the resources available.

Thanks
Sam

Simon Dunn

Quote from: StourportSam on December 04, 2013, 11:28:43 PM
Hello Simon,

I have been impressed by the professionalism Diamond has shown since the takeover in Redditch and Kidderminster, but I am now concerned at the number of shorter and older buses being transferred to Kidderminster particularly replacing longer and in some case newer buses. I understand this is presumably a result of replacing all the non-DDA First vehicles acquired and the stock available to the company presently. However, my question is are there plans in the short term to increase the number of larger vehicles at Kidderminster? In the past few weeks I have noticed a high volume of MPDs on routes such as the X3, 303, 10 and 3 - the loadings of which surely deserve bigger buses. For example, last Friday an MPD was put on the first bus out of Stourport after 0930 and was full and standing all the way to Kidderminster - the driver had to tell passengers waiting in Birchen Coppice to catch the Whittle service behind! It was not a pleasant journey. I have also seen a few full and standing service 10s.

I ask because I am concerned Diamond has a risk of undoing some of the progress it has made in the area and becoming almost as disliked by passengers as FIRST! I have heard several comments from passengers moaning the service is the same, etc. Hopefully your network review will improve matters.

Sam

Sam,

Since we acquired Kidderminster we have removed every Lance, and every old First Dart.  My perception is that we have replaced them apart from one or two exceptions with considerably newer versions.

I note your comment about short buses, and on some of the services you have highlighted that should not be happening.  What vehicles do you think we have removed/moved which are newer?

Simon

Thank you for your reply Simon. On reflection you have jogged my memory as to the lances and P reg darts from First Diamond have ousted. I was thinking particularly of 20004, 20010, 20810, 20811, 20841 and 20844 which have recently departed for Preston and Wessex to seemingly be replaced by the likes of 20503, 20504, 20469, 20652-8, 20361, 30445, etc. I understand some of these vehicles came from Redditch after transferring the 133 et al to Kidderminster but still that seems a retrograde step in my opinion.

30860 is allocated to Kidderminster, but I hardly seem to see it - even when the depot is closed and full on a Sunday. Is there any reason for this please?

Finally, could you confirm for me if I am right in thinking R455 CCV and S405 JUA have been withdrawn and are unlikely to see further use with Rotala?

Sam,

I am home now, and out for a couple of days.  So I am struggling to look at the specific type registration number of vehicles you are referring to.  Some of the buses that should be in Kidderminster are in Redditch and vice versa.  Over this weekend, this will be changed.  R455CCV - we are looking to sell.  S405JUA, there is an engine fault which we are looking to repair.

Simon

Hello Simon,

After my concern with short buses last week V382 and 388 SVV appeared in Kidderminster it would seem by magic and seem to have made an improvement in capacity for Kidderminster. I has a pleasant ride to work on one of them Friday morning! They are in a nice shiny coat of Diamond blue as well.

However, I did see one incident where Diamond could improve yesterday. One of the SVV full length darts was on service 5 (empty) and a full and standing X3 left the town hall at the same time with one of the LG02 MPDs. Surely this sort of thing is allocated and can be avoided with effective planning?

One more question if I may, two 2009 centros have been mentioned on here. I was wondering if either or both of these are intended for Kidderminster, as that is what seems to have been hinted at on here?

The newer buses I mentioned above that have left Kidderminster are 06/56/58/09 plate solos to be replaced by S/T/V/W darts.

Don't get me wrong - - I like Diamond and I think the company is doing the best it can with the resources available.

Thanks
Sam

Sam,

1.  I am not aware of the circumstances were we ended up with a long bus on the 5, and a short bus on the X3.  What I do know is that the interworking of services is something we want to change following the network review.  The 5 bus in the morning was probably on something that required it.
2.  We planned to put the 2 x 2009 MAN's into Redditch, so that the majority of MANs are together.  We then planned to move an alternative long bus to Kidderminster.  However, B12WTS has been written off and we have had to send one of the 2009 buses to Heathrow.
3.  The Solo's we removed were put in, shortly after acquisition, it became evident we needed longer buses so we re-deployed them.

Simon

PM

Hi Simon

I was just going to ask you about the cadets. Why were they originally put up for sale out of interest?
Is rotala not a fan and do you find them unreliable? Is the dart a better product? What were you intending to replace them with, had they sold? Why was 30201 acquired and would you consider buying more cadets for tividale?

Many Thanks

Peter

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 05, 2013, 11:10:49 AM
Hi Simon

I was just going to ask you about the cadets. Why were they originally put up for sale out of interest?
Is rotala not a fan and do you find them unreliable? Is the dart a better product? What were you intending to replace them with, had they sold? Why was 30201 acquired and would you consider buying more cadets for tividale?

Many Thanks

Peter

Peter,

If I could have got a fair value, I would have sold them and upgraded them.

I acquired 30201 as it was a straight swap for a number of old double deckers.

Simon

stephen

This may be of interest to you all as it has been commissioned by Diamond and Redditch Town Centre Partnership businesses and includes a special Diamond Bus Playing Piece!

www.redditchmonopoly.com

PM

Quote from: stephen on December 05, 2013, 01:59:51 PM
This may be of interest to you all as it has been commissioned by Diamond and Redditch Town Centre Partnership businesses and includes a special Diamond Bus Playing Piece!

www.redditchmonopoly.com

Brilliant idea! Gotta love monopoly-at least the MMC didn't actually think that there was one in Redditch  ;)

And welcome to a new member!  :)

StourportSam

Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 05, 2013, 09:09:53 AM
Quote from: StourportSam on December 04, 2013, 11:28:43 PM
Hello Simon,

Sam

Sam,

Simon

Sam,

Simon

Hello Simon,

Thanks
Sam

Sam,

1.  I am not aware of the circumstances were we ended up with a long bus on the 5, and a short bus on the X3.  What I do know is that the interworking of services is something we want to change following the network review.  The 5 bus in the morning was probably on something that required it.
2.  We planned to put the 2 x 2009 MAN's into Redditch, so that the majority of MANs are together.  We then planned to move an alternative long bus to Kidderminster.  However, B12WTS has been written off and we have had to send one of the 2009 buses to Heathrow.
3.  The Solo's we removed were put in, shortly after acquisition, it became evident we needed longer buses so we re-deployed them.

Simon

Thank you for your reply Simon. That's very unfortunate about B12 WTS.
I'm looking forward to the outcome of your network review and hope it is a success for both Diamond and local bus users.

tank90

Hi Simon,

Would anything from Arriva Bus and Coach be useful to Diamond as they seem to have some interesting buses still

http://www.arrivabusandcoach.co.uk/index.php
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

jc

www.redditchmonopoly.com

There is an Urban running round with branding for this, looks to be a white/silver vinyl, only seen it this morning and was very dark! Looked to be either 30857 or 30858, Im sure Simon can tell us which, thanks

http://www.redditchstandard.co.uk/2013/12/09/news-Redditch-Monopoly-goes-on-sale-91708.html

stephen

Quote from: jc on December 09, 2013, 07:01:22 AM

www.redditchmonopoly.com

There is an Urban running round with branding for this, looks to be a white/silver vinyl, only seen it this morning and was very dark! Looked to be either 30857 or 30858, Im sure Simon can tell us which, thanks

http://www.redditchstandard.co.uk/2013/12/09/news-Redditch-Monopoly-goes-on-sale-91708.html

Hi,

It is a Volvo B7RLE Wright Eclipse 12.1m - 30857 (BU08 DHO). It is silver (RAL 9007) with Special Diamond Monopoly Livery.

PM

Quote from: stephen on December 09, 2013, 10:13:50 AM

www.redditchmonopoly.com

Hi,

It is a Volvo B7RLE Wright Eclipse 12.1m - 30857 (BU08 DHO). It is silver (RAL 9007) with Special Diamond Monopoly Livery.

Is it just a vinyl or a full proper repaint out of interest?

And thanks for your replies Simon and Stephen. Just a couple of quick ones:

1) Do you have any idea when network changes will be implemented?

2) Has rotala recently bought any MAN/meridians as I think Simon mentioned there were offers on some of them, only they are appearing as sold on Santander's website.

Thanks

Peter

stephen

Quote from: DiamondDart on December 09, 2013, 01:12:29 PM
Quote from: stephen on December 09, 2013, 10:13:50 AM

www.redditchmonopoly.com

Hi,

Is it just a vinyl or a full proper repaint out of interest?

And thanks for your replies Simon and Stephen. Just a couple of quick ones:

1) Do you have any idea when network changes will be implemented?

2) Has rotala recently bought any MAN/meridians as I think Simon mentioned there were offers on some of them, only they are appearing as sold on Santander's website.

Thanks

Peter

Hi,

It's a full re-panel and re-paint in RAL 9007 with vinyl livery on top. See attached photo.

The Network Review changes are still being discussed internally and will hopefully be agreed in the coming weeks. Registrations will be submitted once this process has finished but I cannot give you a date I am afraid.

Stephen

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk