News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

Quote from: vinh1000 on November 22, 2013, 07:35:51 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 15, 2013, 10:54:09 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 15, 2013, 10:52:18 PM
Quote from: Tony on November 15, 2013, 09:33:51 PM
d
Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 15, 2013, 09:28:50 PM
Stu - Simon @ Rotala has confirmed he's worked for them. He's older then 18 which he believes, and he was only a cleaner for the summer.

Interestingly on his facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/rhyshand37?fref=ts
he claims to have been at Rotala's Avonmouth depot at 3am in the morning. Be careful Simon we don't want another Western Greyhound!

it not his only facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/rhys.hand.56

Is it against Facebook rules to have multiple accounts?
No

Yes it is

Here are Facebook's rules - see number 2
Registration and Account Security

Facebook users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:

You will not provide any false personal information on Facebook, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
    You will not create more than one personal account.
    If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
    You will not use your personal timeline primarily for your own commercial gain, and will use a Facebook Page for such purposes.
    You will not use Facebook if you are under 13.
    You will not use Facebook if you are a convicted sex offender.
    You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
    You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
    You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
    If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).

vinh1000

Quote from: Tony on November 22, 2013, 07:49:25 PM
Quote from: vinh1000 on November 22, 2013, 07:35:51 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 15, 2013, 10:54:09 PM
Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on November 15, 2013, 10:52:18 PM
Quote from: Tony on November 15, 2013, 09:33:51 PM
d
Quote from: Liverpool Street on November 15, 2013, 09:28:50 PM
Stu - Simon @ Rotala has confirmed he's worked for them. He's older then 18 which he believes, and he was only a cleaner for the summer.

Interestingly on his facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/rhyshand37?fref=ts
he claims to have been at Rotala's Avonmouth depot at 3am in the morning. Be careful Simon we don't want another Western Greyhound!

it not his only facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/rhys.hand.56

Is it against Facebook rules to have multiple accounts?
No

Yes it is

Here are Facebook's rules - see number 2
Registration and Account Security

Facebook users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:

You will not provide any false personal information on Facebook, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
    You will not create more than one personal account.
    If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
    You will not use your personal timeline primarily for your own commercial gain, and will use a Facebook Page for such purposes.
    You will not use Facebook if you are under 13.
    You will not use Facebook if you are a convicted sex offender.
    You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
    You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
    You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
    If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
Ah i have one personal and a business page :)
sorry :-)
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

PM

Hi Simon

Do you happen to know which bus was involved in the accident on the 226 the other day and if it will be repaired or not?

Thanks

Peter

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 23, 2013, 02:44:26 PM
Hi Simon

Do you happen to know which bus was involved in the accident on the 226 the other day and if it will be repaired or not?

Thanks

Peter

Simon

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on November 22, 2013, 06:43:22 AM
Quote from: Winston on November 14, 2013, 10:05:19 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 31, 2013, 05:39:01 PM

Dear Sir

They are worth £18k, maybe a little more.

Simon,

Would those 4 E300's then be of interest to Rotala given that they are being advertised at an attractive price? Although 9 years old, they could boost the numbers of full size single deckers at Redditch in the interim or may also be useful for KR on the X3 or 292?

Winston,

We would have acquired them had they not already had been sold.

Simon

Looks as though it was GHA Coaches that beat you to the 4 x E300's

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gha-group-photos/10835922356/in/photostream/

Winston,

Yes it does.  They got a good deal.

Simon

Simon,

It does seem that way, pity Rotala couldn't have got in first & snapped them up....

1. Does Rotala have any immediate plans to re-brand any/all of the remaining buses with 'Blue Diamond' fleetnames already in the current allover blue scheme and update their logo's with the latest 'Diamond' fleetnames to eradicate the 'Blue Diamond' brand?

2. Does Rotala also have any plans to speed up the current re-paint programme of the existing fleet to remove the number of liveries at Tividale, Kidderminster & Redditch garages, in particular the Red Diamond MPD's that have been at Tividale for sometime and a start be made on repainting the remaining 'Red Diamond' liveried Darts & B7RLE/Wright at both KR & RH? Some of the early allover black repaints at Tividale are also looking as though they are in need of a repaint, the DAF/Cadets in particular

3. Have Rotala had much interest in the sub-letting or selling of Long Acre depot at present?

4. Do you anticipate Rotala will acquire the empty glass recycling premises next-door to Tividale depot?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on November 24, 2013, 02:07:19 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on November 22, 2013, 06:43:22 AM
Quote from: Winston on November 14, 2013, 10:05:19 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 31, 2013, 05:39:01 PM

Dear Sir

They are worth £18k, maybe a little more.

Simon,

Would those 4 E300's then be of interest to Rotala given that they are being advertised at an attractive price? Although 9 years old, they could boost the numbers of full size single deckers at Redditch in the interim or may also be useful for KR on the X3 or 292?

Winston,

We would have acquired them had they not already had been sold.

Simon

Looks as though it was GHA Coaches that beat you to the 4 x E300's

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gha-group-photos/10835922356/in/photostream/

Winston,

Yes it does.  They got a good deal.

Simon

Simon,

It does seem that way, pity Rotala couldn't have got in first & snapped them up....

1. Does Rotala have any immediate plans to re-brand any/all of the remaining buses with 'Blue Diamond' fleetnames already in the current allover blue scheme and update their logo's with the latest 'Diamond' fleetnames to eradicate the 'Blue Diamond' brand?

2. Does Rotala also have any plans to speed up the current re-paint programme of the existing fleet to remove the number of liveries at Tividale, Kidderminster & Redditch garages, in particular the Red Diamond MPD's that have been at Tividale for sometime and a start be made on repainting the remaining 'Red Diamond' liveried Darts & B7RLE/Wright at both KR & RH? Some of the early allover black repaints at Tividale are also looking as though they are in need of a repaint, the DAF/Cadets in particular

3. Have Rotala had much interest in the sub-letting or selling of Long Acre depot at present?

4. Do you anticipate Rotala will acquire the empty glass recycling premises next-door to Tividale depot?

Winston,

In response to your questions above.

1.  Our focus in on painting everything blue over a reasonable amount of time.
2.  It may not seem like it, but every week we have vehicles in paint.  We had acquired the 2 x 2009 MAN Centro's to support the re-painting, and these will shortly be entering service.
3.  We have had about 10 different organisations look around the site, but at present we have not recieved an acceptable offer.
4.  We would like to, and we have the means to acquire at any time.  However, the owner of the site is now reviewing their options as part of a strategic review and we need to see what happens.

Simon

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on November 25, 2013, 03:44:04 PM
Winston,

2. It may not seem like it, but every week we have vehicles in paint.  We had acquired the 2 x 2009 MAN Centro's to support the re-painting, and these will shortly be entering service.
3.  We have had about 10 different organisations look around the site, but at present we have not recieved an acceptable offer.
4.  We would like to, and we have the means to acquire at any time.  However, the owner of the site is now reviewing their options as part of a strategic review and we need to see what happens.

Simon

Many thanks for your replies:

2. It just seemed as though the Central Connect fleet was repainted blue and re-branded 'Blue Diamond' & the Tividale fleet repainted black and re-branded 'Black Diamond' at a much faster pace than the present repaint programme

Do you intend to reinstate the retrim programme at Diamond at some point? Thus the moquettes of the current fleet and any current/future used acquisitions all match.

If Rotala Plc were able to acquire the vacant glass recycling premises, is that yard big enough to accommodate the fleet/withdrawn vehicles from the rented overflow yard opposite the depot?

One last question, then I'll leave you in peace......

Is it fairly common for a transport group such as Rotala Plc & others to make a number of takeover offers and for them not to be concluded? What is generally the main stumbling block? Is it agreement on price or unwillingness to sell etc?

StourportSam

Hello Simon,

I have been impressed by the professionalism Diamond has shown since the takeover in Redditch and Kidderminster, but I am now concerned at the number of shorter and older buses being transferred to Kidderminster particularly replacing longer and in some case newer buses. I understand this is presumably a result of replacing all the non-DDA First vehicles acquired and the stock available to the company presently. However, my question is are there plans in the short term to increase the number of larger vehicles at Kidderminster? In the past few weeks I have noticed a high volume of MPDs on routes such as the X3, 303, 10 and 3 - the loadings of which surely deserve bigger buses. For example, last Friday an MPD was put on the first bus out of Stourport after 0930 and was full and standing all the way to Kidderminster - the driver had to tell passengers waiting in Birchen Coppice to catch the Whittle service behind! It was not a pleasant journey. I have also seen a few full and standing service 10s.

I ask because I am concerned Diamond has a risk of undoing some of the progress it has made in the area and becoming almost as disliked by passengers as FIRST! I have heard several comments from passengers moaning the service is the same, etc. Hopefully your network review will improve matters.

Apologies for the rant and essay in my first question to you.

Sam

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on November 25, 2013, 03:58:57 PM
Winston,

2. It may not seem like it, but every week we have vehicles in paint.  We had acquired the 2 x 2009 MAN Centro's to support the re-painting, and these will shortly be entering service.

Simon

2. It just seemed as though the Central Connect fleet was repainted blue and re-branded 'Blue Diamond' & the Tividale fleet repainted black and re-branded 'Black Diamond' at a much faster pace than the present repaint programme

Do you intend to reinstate the retrim programme at Diamond at some point? Thus the moquettes of the current fleet and any current/future used acquisitions all match.

If Rotala Plc were able to acquire the vacant glass recycling premises, is that yard big enough to accommodate the fleet/withdrawn vehicles from the rented overflow yard opposite the depot?

Is it fairly common for a transport group such as Rotala Plc & others to make a number of takeover offers and for them not to be concluded? What is generally the main stumbling block? Is it agreement on price or unwillingness to sell etc?

Winston,

When we repainted the Long Acre buses into Blue, from memory the vast majority of the buses were new to fleet and this made the process quicker.  When we are rotating buses it becomes harder and unfortunately slower.

We do have a company Moquettes for re-trim and we are continually re-triming vehicles and seats.  Clearly from your comments suggest we are not doing enough.

It is difficult to know what is going to happen with the glass recycling premises, if we did acquire it we believe having spent some money on the site, in essence surfacing and make the whole site one, then there is more than sufficient space.

Although we have access to large amounts of capital, the return required and our Cost of equity means we do not always offer the best deal.   That being said, we are very specific about what we are looking for and there is never one reason why you don't succeed.

Price, Timing not being right, the Markets the business operates in or its customers/contractual conditions/risk associated with the business.
Therefore, it is not a straight forward answer.

Simon 

Simon Dunn

Quote from: StourportSam on November 25, 2013, 07:17:33 PM
Hello Simon,

I have been impressed by the professionalism Diamond has shown since the takeover in Redditch and Kidderminster, but I am now concerned at the number of shorter and older buses being transferred to Kidderminster particularly replacing longer and in some case newer buses. I understand this is presumably a result of replacing all the non-DDA First vehicles acquired and the stock available to the company presently. However, my question is are there plans in the short term to increase the number of larger vehicles at Kidderminster? In the past few weeks I have noticed a high volume of MPDs on routes such as the X3, 303, 10 and 3 - the loadings of which surely deserve bigger buses. For example, last Friday an MPD was put on the first bus out of Stourport after 0930 and was full and standing all the way to Kidderminster - the driver had to tell passengers waiting in Birchen Coppice to catch the Whittle service behind! It was not a pleasant journey. I have also seen a few full and standing service 10s.

I ask because I am concerned Diamond has a risk of undoing some of the progress it has made in the area and becoming almost as disliked by passengers as FIRST! I have heard several comments from passengers moaning the service is the same, etc. Hopefully your network review will improve matters.

Sam

Sam,

Since we acquired Kidderminster we have removed every Lance, and every old First Dart.  My perception is that we have replaced them apart from one or two exceptions with considerably newer versions.

I note your comment about short buses, and on some of the services you have highlighted that should not be happening.  What vehicles do you think we have removed/moved which are newer?

Simon

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on November 26, 2013, 05:12:13 PM
Quote from: Winston on November 25, 2013, 03:58:57 PM
Winston,

Simon

Winston,

When we repainted the Long Acre buses into Blue, from memory the vast majority of the buses were new to fleet and this made the process quicker.  When we are rotating buses it becomes harder and unfortunately slower.

We do have a company Moquettes for re-trim and we are continually re-triming vehicles and seats.  Clearly from your comments suggest we are not doing enough.

It is difficult to know what is going to happen with the glass recycling premises, if we did acquire it we believe having spent some money on the site, in essence surfacing and make the whole site one, then there is more than sufficient space.

Although we have access to large amounts of capital, the return required and our Cost of equity means we do not always offer the best deal.   That being said, we are very specific about what we are looking for and there is never one reason why you don't succeed.

Price, Timing not being right, the Markets the business operates in or its customers/contractual conditions/risk associated with the business.
Therefore, it is not a straight forward answer.

Simon

Simon,

Many thanks for all you replies, I'll leave you in peace for a bit..........  ;)

Cheers,

Winston

StourportSam

Quote from: Simon Dunn on November 26, 2013, 05:16:24 PM
Hello Simon,

Sam

Sam,

Since we acquired Kidderminster we have removed every Lance, and every old First Dart.  My perception is that we have replaced them apart from one or two exceptions with considerably newer versions.

I note your comment about short buses, and on some of the services you have highlighted that should not be happening.  What vehicles do you think we have removed/moved which are newer?

Simon

Thank you for your reply Simon. On reflection you have jogged my memory as to the lances and P reg darts from First Diamond have ousted. I was thinking particularly of 20004, 20010, 20810, 20811, 20841 and 20844 which have recently departed for Preston and Wessex to seemingly be replaced by the likes of 20503, 20504, 20469, 20652-8, 20361, 30445, etc. I understand some of these vehicles came from Redditch after transferring the 133 et al to Kidderminster but still that seems a retrograde step in my opinion.

30860 is allocated to Kidderminster, but I hardly seem to see it - even when the depot is closed and full on a Sunday. Is there any reason for this please?

Finally, could you confirm for me if I am right in thinking R455 CCV and S405 JUA have been withdrawn and are unlikely to see further use with Rotala?

Cedric

Hello Simon,

Sam

Sam,

Simon
Simon 
this post took my interested coming from Kidderminster , I have just  had a look at  tonys fleetlist on here
and on looking  the  ex first vehicles replaced where  m/p/r regs  replaced with s/t/v/ regs ones   which  are  just a little bit newer . the only older one I have seen at that was  a L reg solo.    on the  10 there are more often than not standing loads
,as  solo , and the smaller darts are  not big enough   .at certain  times of the week.   when will we get to know  what is happing from the results of the Worcestershire review please  cedric
diamond 8\10/125/292

Tony

Quote from: bewminster on November 26, 2013, 07:00:13 PM
Hello Simon,

Sam

Sam,

Simon
Simon 
this post took my interested coming from Kidderminster , I have just  had a look at  tonys fleetlist on here
and on looking  the  ex first vehicles replaced where  m/p/r regs  replaced with s/t/v/ regs ones   which  are  just a little bit newer . the only older one I have seen at that was  a L reg solo.    on the  10 there are more often than not standing loads
,as  solo , and the smaller darts are  not big enough   .at certain  times of the week.   when will we get to know  what is happing from the results of the Worcestershire review please  cedric

They weren't building 'L' registration Solos. If you are referring to 20827 http://wmbusphotos.com/centralConnect/20827.html It was new in 2004, after anything First ever operated in Kidderminster. See the history of the vehicle on that page and have a look who it was new to and you will see where the registration comes from

StourportSam

I should also mention that the likes of the LG02 darts, W361 ABD, KX03 HZJ etc. whilst being newer replaced larger older buses. Catch 22 I suppose!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk