News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Dylan4579 on October 28, 2013, 01:37:03 PM
Quote from: Winston on October 27, 2013, 11:54:30 PM
Hi Simon,

Is there any significance behind some of the Wessex double decker fleet being re-registered?

So far noted are:

02 reg Trident/ALX400 now W555EXR
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68628359@N04/10096876835/in/pool-rotala-group

02 reg Trident/ALX400 now R3WSX (ex LG02FDV?)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/59115230@N06/10385157023/

02 reg Trident/ALX 400 now K3WSX
http://www.flickr.com/photos/59115230@N06/10296945474/

Scania Omnicity Double Decker BU52UWE which appears to be one of the 61 reg examples re-registered
http://www.flickr.com/photos/59115230@N06/10309044595/

How many have been/are due to be done?

Cheers,

Winston
Winston they've all been re-done to words related to wessex buses.

Thanks, I'd already figured that bit out, I was referring more to why they had been done? especially when at least one is a 61 plate example,

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 26, 2013, 05:20:34 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on October 23, 2013, 07:29:14 PM
Is the price for them good value as Im not an expert in prices for secondhand buses. But just thought less than £18k seemed fairly cheap for recent secondhand long single deck buses?

Dear Sir

They are worth £18k, maybe a little more.

Simon

Hi Simon,

It may not be connected, but I notice someone has placed a deposit on the 4 x 04 plate E300's at Heatons, have Rotala been out shopping?

http://www.heatonsmotorco.co.uk/vehicle/transbus

Simon Dunn

Quote from: sonic2009 on October 16, 2013, 02:16:17 PM
Long time lurker, new poster.

Question to Rotala Management.

Fares on 141, 142, 143..

Using these services between Bromsgrove Bus Station & Bromsgrove Train station i have found different fares on the different services and what seems to me like diffrent replys from Rotala Customer services.

A few weeks ago i used the 141 which is the most direct bus to the station via New Road it's £1.30 single & £2.00 return

I then used the 143 a few days later which goes via Charford which is £1.40 single and £2.30 return, on this bus i saw that a return to Finstall which is after the railway station is £2.00 return, i queried this with Diamond CS and they replied it's £3.90, fair enough problem solved.

I used the 142 last wednesday at 0827 from the bus station, this time Bromsgrove Rail Station was £2.30 & Finstall was £2.00 return, i emailed customer services again, yet to have no reply and queried this again.

I bought the £2.00 finstall return and just got off at the station, i don't understand how it can be more for the Train Station (Photo attached)

I have a few ideas for the Bromsgrove Fare issues, which i will raise when your network review is in town on the 21st.

I would like to see a minimum fare option of £1.30 single in Bromsgrove £2.10 return, as these different fares for different buses is ridiclous.

I would also like Diamond, Hansons, First and MRD Travel to come together to offer a Bromsgrove Connecta ticket for say £3.00, this would may it a lot easier for people to travel from Catshill to Bromsgrove Railway Station/Morrisons without paying for two bus tickets.

Thank you.

Dear Sir,

Sorry for the delay in response

1.  141 service, is sponsored by Worcestershire County Council, and they specify the fares.  The reduced fares are therefore in effect subsidised by the contractual payment.
2.  I accept that the differing fare structures is silly. the reality is that the WCC contracts should fall in line with the Commercial operations.
3.  We are going to take these points up with WCC, but this service is on the at risk list at WCC council list of services to be cut.
4.  We sell Connecta tickets for the County, Redditch, Kidderminster and Worcester.  The Connecta board are discussing the introduction of a Evesham and Bromsgrove Connecta ticket.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: bewminster on October 21, 2013, 07:24:10 PM
Simon
I was unable to vist   the 3 places  you held your roadshow in the Kidderminster area , is the online review exactly the same
. are you having good response at them  and pleanty of people turning up  ,  to  give there views.  to you

Dear Sir,

Sorry for the delay in response.

The On line survey is exactly the same as the printed questionnaire, we are having a healthy response but we always appreciate additional views.

Should you wish to contact the person direct their email address is

stephen.haselden@rotala.co.uk

Many thanks

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on October 26, 2013, 10:00:10 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 26, 2013, 05:20:34 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on October 23, 2013, 07:29:14 PM
Is the price for them good value as Im not an expert in prices for secondhand buses. But just thought less than £18k seemed fairly cheap for recent secondhand long single deck buses?

Dear Sir

They are worth £18k, maybe a little more.

Simon

Simon,

Would those 4 E300's then be of interest to Rotala given that they are being advertised at an attractive price? Although 9 years old, they could boost the numbers of full size single deckers at Redditch in the interim or may also be useful for KR on the X3 or 292?

Winston,

We would have acquired them had they not already had been sold.

Simon

PM

Hi Simon

Just a quick question-what is rotala's opinion on the east lancs esteem bodied b7rles ensign currently have
And were the MAN/centros in this month's fleet changes acquired very recently. Is rotala keen on theses and which fleetnumbers will they carry?

Many Thanks
Peter

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 04, 2013, 01:18:30 PM
Hi Simon

Just a quick question-what is rotala's opinion on the east lancs esteem bodied b7rles ensign currently have
And were the MAN/centros in this month's fleet changes acquired very recently. Is rotala keen on theses and which fleetnumbers will they carry?

Many Thanks
Peter

Peter,

Ross offered me the buses probably a couple of months ago now.  I am not a fan of the East Lancs Esteem body, and although they were competitively priced, the offer was not as good value as some other options.

For all the hype of the DDA deadline, we are in a buyers market at the moment. 

With regards the MAN Centro.  It would be nice to have a fleet of New Citaro's, Volvo Wrights Eclipse 2, but the reality is, in most operating enviroments this is not sustainable across a fleet of buses.  I think the MAN Centro is an average product.  We acquired this pair as they were extremely good value, otherwise I wouldn't have.  At the moment, they have not been allocated fleet numbers.

Simon

PM

Quote from: Simon Dunn on November 04, 2013, 09:18:24 PM
Hi Simon

Many Thanks
Peter

Peter,

Ross offered me the buses probably a couple of months ago now.  I am not a fan of the East Lancs Esteem body, and although they were competitively priced, the offer was not as good value as some other options.

With regards the MAN Centro.  It would be nice to have a fleet of New Citaro's, Volvo Wrights Eclipse 2, but the reality is, in most operating enviroments this is not sustainable across a fleet of buses.  I think the MAN Centro is an average product.  We acquired this pair as they were extremely good value, otherwise I wouldn't have.  At the moment, they have not been allocated fleet numbers.

Simon

Many Thanks for your reply Simon. Glad to hear diamond have picked up the emergency tenders as well-does long acre have enough buses for all these contracts, though I guess some could be run from tividale, or will some of this month's fleet changes be temporarily put on hold.

Thanks again

Peter

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 04, 2013, 11:26:09 PM
Hi Simon

Many Thanks
Peter

Peter,

Simon

Many Thanks for your reply Simon. Glad to hear diamond have picked up the emergency tenders as well-does long acre have enough buses for all these contracts, though I guess some could be run from tividale, or will some of this month's fleet changes be temporarily put on hold.

Thanks again

Peter

Peter,

According to the last fleet provided to Tony, we have around 47 spare buses which are parked up, so we need to recommission a few.

Most of the services due to their location will be operated from Long Acre.

Simon

PM

Quote from: Simon Dunn on November 05, 2013, 06:13:52 AM
Hi Simon

Many Thanks
Peter

Peter,

Simon

Thanks again

Peter

Peter,

According to the last fleet provided to Tony, we have around 47 spare buses which are parked up, so we need to recommission a few.

Simon

Thanks again for your reply. Do you know at this stage which buses/types/roughly how many will be recommissioned? I understand if it hasn't yet been decided or if you cannot say for commercial reasons. I'm just interested, that's all.

Many Thanks

Peter

winston

Hi Simon,

Some time ago you've previously mentioned that Diamond were planning on undertaking a review of routes 002 & 4/4H/4M, has this taken place as yet? & do you anticipate making any changes?

Are the 2 x new DF Streelites due in Jan due to join the others in Redditch?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on November 05, 2013, 06:05:24 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on November 05, 2013, 06:13:52 AM
Hi Simon

Many Thanks
Peter

Peter,

Simon

Thanks again

Peter

Peter,

Simon

Thanks again for your reply. Do you know at this stage which buses/types/roughly how many will be recommissioned? I understand if it hasn't yet been decided or if you cannot say for commercial reasons. I'm just interested, that's all.

Many Thanks

Peter

Peter,

I believe the following

S377TMB - already in use
W366ABD
X183BNH
W572JVV

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on November 05, 2013, 06:34:33 PM
Hi Simon,

Some time ago you've previously mentioned that Diamond were planning on undertaking a review of routes 002 & 4/4H/4M, has this taken place as yet? & do you anticipate making any changes?

Winston,

We intend to place specific resource into the 002, 4's.  We want to undertake this first.

With regards the 2 x new DF Streetlites, these are planned for Avonmouth.

Simon

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on November 07, 2013, 07:26:13 AM
Quote from: Winston on November 05, 2013, 06:34:33 PM
Hi Simon,

Winston,

We intend to place specific resource into the 002, 4's.  We want to undertake this first.

With regards the 2 x new DF Streetlites, these are planned for Avonmouth.

Simon

Thanks Simon,

Are those 'specific resources' you intend to place of the 002, 4's from the existing fleet or further new/used acquisitions?

I appreciate that you may be wishing to improve the quality/consistency of the vehicles that operate those routes first especially the 4's, but the general consensus on here appears to be that the 002 at least would benefit passengers from running later in to the evenings to coincide with Merry Hill Centre opening times and a Sunday daytime service provided. If another operator was to see the potential and try its hand at providing these services after Diamond have finished, do Diamond not run the risk of potentially being on the receiving end of competition on the Mon -Sat daytime 002 services as well? I'm assuming the 002 is an important/profitable route for Diamond....

the trainbasher

Hi Simon,

Have Rotala thought about bringing in RTI/a system similar to ibus for its fleet in a way as to allow the benefits of "talking buses", real time information for both passengers and controllers and possibly a groupwide smartcard with benefits similar to Swift?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk