News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on October 23, 2013, 07:29:14 PM
Is the price for them good value as Im not an expert in prices for secondhand buses. But just thought less than £18k seemed fairly cheap for recent secondhand long single deck buses?

Dear Sir

They are worth £18k, maybe a little more.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on October 23, 2013, 08:51:37 PM
Quote from: Winston on October 23, 2013, 08:30:44 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on October 23, 2013, 03:56:15 PM
Hi Simon-don't want this to turn into enthusiasts like me suggesting buying second hand buses theyve seen but caught sight of these and couldnt help thinking what good value they are:

http://www.heatonsmotorco.co.uk/vehicle/transbus

less than 18k for good single deck second hand buses of a type already run by rotala.

Just interested to hear if they are something that you would consider purchasing for redditch

I noticed those in the latest Routeone, also the two 10 plate B9TL/Wright Gemini advertised for sale with Ensign ex Yourbus (Nottingham Uni livery) have soon been sold

The ex Reay's e200s look in good condition as well-theyre being advertised in route one this week and last week I think as well. But still think 4 e300s would be a great buy, along with the centro and e300 with ensignbus-more ex yourbus vehicles.

Dear Sir,

Whatever we buy we always get good value.  I don't consider any of the buses listed above to be competitively priced. 

Simon

PM

Thanks for your replies Simon!

Perhaps you could help me with a couple of small queries:

1) Why was 30801 at Preston to repair-when preston dont operate any MANs? Has Preston got one of the best engineering departments out of the whole rotala group?

2) Does rotala have any plans for preston bus in the near future-ie new buses or network changes or a new depot as I understand that Deepdale Road is fairly old...Got to say though I was impressed with preston bus...

3) Why did rotala buy a company a fair way northwest of the other main operations? Would rotala consider buying other companies that are geographically separate obviously given price/size of company etc

4)Why was just one citaro delivered to preston-was this originally meant for the West Midlands.

Thanks very much :)

Cedric

Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 26, 2013, 05:20:34 PM
Is the price for them good value as Im not an expert in prices for secondhand buses. But just thought less than £18k seemed fairly cheap for recent secondhand long single deck buses?

Dear Sir

Simon
Quote from: DiamondDart on October 26, 2013, 05:57:35 PM

1) Why was 30801 at Preston to repair-when preston dont operate any MANs? Has Preston got one of the best engineering departments out of the whole rotala group?

2) Does rotala have any plans for preston bus in the near future-ie new buses or network changes or a new depot as I understand that Deepdale Road is fairly old...Got to say though I was impressed with preston bus...

3) Why did rotala buy a company a fair way northwest of the other main operations? Would rotala consider buying other companies that are geographically separate obviously given price/size of company etc

4)Why was just one citaro delivered to preston-was this originally meant for the West Midlands.

things happen where companies have change there plans so that maybe be the reason  . and while we would like new/newish buses in our area. we all forget it is simons company so it is up to him what happens
diamond 8\10/125/292

Simon Dunn

Dear Sir,

In response to your questions;

1.  The Group Engineering Manager, until his recent death was also responsible for Preston Bus.  To support Redditch, he took the vehicle to Preston to repair.  Different businesses have different strengths, Preston has a long established work force.  There are two sides to this, one side is they are well trained, and in our opinion the Engineering team maintain the fleet to high standard

2.  We will continue to invest in all our fleets.  Preston has just won some LCC contracts for 3 vehicles, so we need to procure them shortly.  In terms of the depot, we are currently looking at our options, my understanding is that the depot itself has been highlighted as an area for an Affordable housing development.  So, on one hand we have this consideration, on another we need a depot which does not disrupt the business and is more efficient and cost effective than the current depot.  To achieve this, is not easy

3.  As Rotala is an AIM business, shareholders expect the business to continue to grow.  Therefore geographical expansion is necessary.  Therefore naturally in answer to the second part of your question, yes we will look at out of area businesses provided they are of the right size, in the right markets, and make financial sense.  Rotala has access to a large amount of money for the right acquisition.  Over a period of time we have looked at, and made offers for numerous businesses and we continue to do so.

4.  From memory, I think so.  It is a long time back now.  The Citaro is a good product, in the last year we have acquired a number of Hybrid deckers for Preston.  This has taken up the allocation of capital for fleet replacement for that particular business.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: bewminster on October 26, 2013, 06:07:29 PM

Dear Sir

Simon

things happen where companies have change there plans so that maybe be the reason  . and while we would like new/newish buses in our area. we all forget it is simons company so it is up to him what happens

Dear Sir,

Although I am the CEO, and a Shareholder and I am fortunate enough to be responsible for delivering the companies strategy.  It is not my business, I do not own a controlling amount of shares so it would be wrong for me to allow you to think otherwise.

Simon

Cedric

Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 26, 2013, 05:18:12 PM
Quote from: bewminster on October 23, 2013, 02:24:45 PM
Simon
How many pushchairs are allowed on a bus at any one time un folded  , recently  I have been on several services where there
have been 3 , some of the vehicles did have space  for 2  .  when the gangways are blocked by them it is difficult to get passed them. even without carrying anything.   do not get me wrong not any pushchair or trying to get any driver in trouble
. just bring this to your attention as it posse a health and safety issues. and also if people  trip while trying to get pass one they would  my a claim against   you   

Dear Bewminster

It very much depends upon which vehicle it is and what it has been certified to.  The certification is typically listed above were the driver sits, if you are able to provide more specific information I will look into this

Simon

simon
I have  seen these figures on vehicles    it usualy say  for example  so many seated and so many standing  , and 1 wheelchair
which when a wheelchair is on it gives the standing figure more and seating figure less, only some vehciles carry this lettering on display inside . and some have figures missing . the cases I was talking about one was in the correct space  and one was blocking the gangway, the other was close up to two single seats in the front of the vehicle   that is just one case another time two where in the provide space but one of them was a big one and to get it in it was put in sideways with the front face side of the vehicle  back with big handle sticking out in the gangway  with another on alongside side single front seats on the other completely blocking gangway again. 
diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 26, 2013, 08:31:04 PM
Quote from: bewminster on October 26, 2013, 06:07:29 PM

Dear Sir

Simon

Dear Sir,

Although I am the CEO, and a Shareholder and I am fortunate enough to be responsible for delivering the companies strategy.  It is not my business, I do not own a controlling amount of shares so it would be wrong for me to allow you to think otherwise.

Simon
what I meant simon that you where in charge  of the  day running  did not mean you owned it , sorry  for my incorrect choice of words
diamond 8\10/125/292

PM

Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 26, 2013, 08:29:21 PM

Dear Sir,

In response to your questions;

1.  The Group Engineering Manager, until his recent death was also responsible for Preston Bus.  To support Redditch, he took the vehicle to Preston to repair.  Different businesses have different strengths, Preston has a long established work force.  There are two sides to this, one side is they are well trained, and in our opinion the Engineering team maintain the fleet to high standard

2.  We will continue to invest in all our fleets.  Preston has just won some LCC contracts for 3 vehicles, so we need to procure them shortly.  In terms of the depot, we are currently looking at our options, my understanding is that the depot itself has been highlighted as an area for an Affordable housing development.  So, on one hand we have this consideration, on another we need a depot which does not disrupt the business and is more efficient and cost effective than the current depot.  To achieve this, is not easy

3.  As Rotala is an AIM business, shareholders expect the business to continue to grow.  Therefore geographical expansion is necessary.  Therefore naturally in answer to the second part of your question, yes we will look at out of area businesses provided they are of the right size, in the right markets, and make financial sense.  Rotala has access to a large amount of money for the right acquisition.  Over a period of time we have looked at, and made offers for numerous businesses and we continue to do so.

4.  From memory, I think so.  It is a long time back now.  The Citaro is a good product, in the last year we have acquired a number of Hybrid deckers for Preston.  This has taken up the allocation of capital for fleet replacement for that particular business.

Simon

Thanks very much for your replies!

Tony

Quote from: bewminster on October 26, 2013, 08:43:47 PM
Simon
How many pushchairs are allowed on a bus at any one time un folded  , recently  I have been on several services where there
have been 3 , some of the vehicles did have space  for 2  .  when the gangways are blocked by them it is difficult to get passed them. even without carrying anything.   do not get me wrong not any pushchair or trying to get any driver in trouble
. just bring this to your attention as it posse a health and safety issues. and also if people  trip while trying to get pass one they would  my a claim against   you   

Dear Bewminster

It very much depends upon which vehicle it is and what it has been certified to.  The certification is typically listed above were the driver sits, if you are able to provide more specific information I will look into this

Simon

simon
I have  seen these figures on vehicles    it usualy say  for example  so many seated and so many standing  , and 1 wheelchair
which when a wheelchair is on it gives the standing figure more and seating figure less, only some vehciles carry this lettering on display inside . and some have figures missing . the cases I was talking about one was in the correct space  and one was blocking the gangway, the other was close up to two single seats in the front of the vehicle   that is just one case another time two where in the provide space but one of them was a big one and to get it in it was put in sideways with the front face side of the vehicle  back with big handle sticking out in the gangway  with another on alongside side single front seats on the other completely blocking gangway again.

You are referring to pushchairs, not wheechairs

Cedric

Quote from: Tony on October 26, 2013, 09:14:07 PM
Quote from: bewminster on October 26, 2013, 08:43:47 PM
Simon

Dear Bewminster

Simon

simon

You are referring to pushchairs, not wheelchairs

is it not the same  figure then for pushchairs ?    but what ever the figure I am sure 1 should not be in the gangway blocking it , and I am not taking about ones being folded  down
diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

Dear Sir

Simon

Simon,

Would those 4 E300's then be of interest to Rotala given that they are being advertised at an attractive price? Although 9 years old, they could boost the numbers of full size single deckers at Redditch in the interim or may also be useful for KR on the X3 or 292?

the trainbasher

I think the prices on the inside panels on 30828 need looking at as they're showing prices from the days of the 9!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Hi Simon,

Is there any significance behind some of the Wessex double decker fleet being re-registered?

So far noted are:

02 reg Trident/ALX400 now W555EXR
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68628359@N04/10096876835/in/pool-rotala-group

02 reg Trident/ALX400 now R3WSX (ex LG02FDV?)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/59115230@N06/10385157023/

02 reg Trident/ALX 400 now K3WSX
http://www.flickr.com/photos/59115230@N06/10296945474/

Scania Omnicity Double Decker BU52UWE which appears to be one of the 61 reg examples re-registered
http://www.flickr.com/photos/59115230@N06/10309044595/

How many have been/are due to be done?

Cheers,

Winston

Dylan4579

Quote from: Winston on October 27, 2013, 11:54:30 PM
Hi Simon,

Is there any significance behind some of the Wessex double decker fleet being re-registered?

So far noted are:

02 reg Trident/ALX400 now W555EXR
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68628359@N04/10096876835/in/pool-rotala-group

02 reg Trident/ALX400 now R3WSX (ex LG02FDV?)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/59115230@N06/10385157023/

02 reg Trident/ALX 400 now K3WSX
http://www.flickr.com/photos/59115230@N06/10296945474/

Scania Omnicity Double Decker BU52UWE which appears to be one of the 61 reg examples re-registered
http://www.flickr.com/photos/59115230@N06/10309044595/

How many have been/are due to be done?

Cheers,

Winston
Winston they've all been re-done to words related to wessex buses.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk