News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedric

Simon
I was unable to vist   the 3 places  you held your roadshow in the Kidderminster area , is the online review exactly the same
. are you having good response at them  and pleanty of people turning up  ,  to  give there views.  to you
diamond 8\10/125/292

Cedric

Simon
How many pushchairs are allowed on a bus at any one time un folded  , recently  I have been on several services where there
have been 3 , some of the vehicles did have space  for 2  .  when the gangways are blocked by them it is difficult to get passed them. even without carrying anything.   do not get me wrong not any pushchair or trying to get any driver in trouble
. just bring this to your attention as it posse a health and safety issues. and also if people  trip while trying to get pass one they would  my a claim against   you   
diamond 8\10/125/292

PM

Hi Simon-don't want this to turn into enthusiasts like me suggesting buying second hand buses theyve seen but caught sight of these and couldnt help thinking what good value they are:

http://www.heatonsmotorco.co.uk/vehicle/transbus

less than 18k for good single deck second hand buses of a type already run by rotala.

Just interested to hear if they are something that you would consider purchasing for redditch

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: DiamondDart on October 23, 2013, 03:56:15 PM
Hi Simon-don't want this to turn into enthusiasts like me suggesting buying second hand buses theyve seen but caught sight of these and couldnt help thinking what good value they are:

less than 18k for good single deck second hand buses of a type already run by rotala.

Just interested to hear if they are something that you would consider purchasing for redditch

If those are the four I'm thinking of, then they've had a relatively easy life as well.

John

They are ex Stagecoach in Warwicksire, Warwickshire County Council County Links branded.

This one and 3 others are listed as withdrawn on Tony's fleetlist

PM

Quote from: John on October 23, 2013, 04:04:39 PM
They are ex Stagecoach in Warwicksire, Warwickshire County Council County Links branded.

Exactly stagecoach buses are well looked after aren't they?

Tony

Quote from: DiamondDart on October 23, 2013, 04:28:12 PM
Quote from: John on October 23, 2013, 04:04:39 PM

Exactly stagecoach buses are well looked after aren't they?

Stagecoach never owned them, they have always been owned by Warwickshire County Council. One of them was off the road for some time with major accident damage and has had extensive repairs done to it.

PM

Is the price for them good value as Im not an expert in prices for secondhand buses. But just thought less than £18k seemed fairly cheap for recent secondhand long single deck buses?

winston

I noticed those in the latest Routeone, also the two 10 plate B9TL/Wright Gemini advertised for sale with Ensign ex Yourbus (Nottingham Uni livery) have soon been sold

PM

Quote from: Winston on October 23, 2013, 08:30:44 PM

I noticed those in the latest Routeone, also the two 10 plate B9TL/Wright Gemini advertised for sale with Ensign ex Yourbus (Nottingham Uni livery) have soon been sold

The ex Reay's e200s look in good condition as well-theyre being advertised in route one this week and last week I think as well. But still think 4 e300s would be a great buy, along with the centro and e300 with ensignbus-more ex yourbus vehicles.

nitromatt1

Quote from: DiamondDart on October 23, 2013, 08:51:37 PM
Quote from: Winston on October 23, 2013, 08:30:44 PM

The ex Reay's e200s look in good condition as well-theyre being advertised in route one this week and last week I think as well. But still think 4 e300s would be a great buy, along with the centro and e300 with ensignbus-more ex yourbus vehicles.

I rode a Reays E200 on the 555R in Cumbria (sadly got that instead of the Olympian!), nothing to complain about, went like the clappers and was immaculate inside. Free wifi as well, not that I used it. I wish we had more companies like them in the Midlands.

Steveminor

I rode the 555r too despite some guy From Stagecoach with a ticket machine insisting everyone had to buy a ticket off him before boarding the bus

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on October 15, 2013, 07:06:24 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 15, 2013, 07:42:19 AM
Quote from: DiamondDart on October 14, 2013, 10:44:06 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 14, 2013, 06:27:52 AM
Quote from: DiamondDart on October 13, 2013, 11:11:53 AM
Thanks for all your replies Simon

Just a couple more, though

First, there are a fair few blue diamond solos I havent seen in a while so some must be off the road. Are there plans to repair them and bring them back into service or just use them for spares?

Are there also any plans for the ex yourbus presidents currently at long acre?

Thanks again

Peter

Peter

Which Solo's specifically do you refer? 

The deckers are for Sale.

Simon

Are the presidents pretty much beyond use then? And wouldnt it have been easier to have just sold the lot to stafford bus centre or sold the eclipses instead of swapping eclipses for presidents with yourbus and then trying then to sell the presidents?

Solos I havent seen in a while are:

MX06BRV and
Specifically

Also are there any plans in hand for changes to the tividale fleet in the near future as its not long now until the october changes kick in when you said that fleet requirements would be re-assessed

Thanks

Peter

Peter,

When I took the presidents, I thought overall the deal was right.  I have had numerous enquiries for the vehicles since acquisition, people seem to be struggling with getting finance. 

MX06BRV - had an electrical fire and there is no way that is returning to service.
20826 - We initially have had problems getting bits.  When SF54ORC was written off, we acquired the salvage and we are slowly repairing 20826, using the bits off this one.

I have not committed to do anything yet with Tividale.  We would like to replace some of the older vehicles and at the same time increase the split of longer buses.  We need to see what opportunities come our way.

Simon

Thats good that rotala have had enquiries for them and thanks for clarifying the solo situation. Thanks for the reply about tividale but if MCVs are being sold from heathrow, what is going to replace them down there as I wasn't aware that rotala had lost contracts. Do these contracts specify a certain type/age of vehicle or not just out of interest. Thanks again  Peter

Peter

Sorry for the delay in responding, I have been away.

We have not lost any contracts.  We have brought back into full service 2 x 2008 Primo's and acquired 1 x Streetlite to replace the MCV's.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: bususer12 on October 18, 2013, 01:52:01 PM
Quote from: bususer12 on October 07, 2013, 03:07:28 PM
Quick Question, how much is an adult week ticket for the birmingham and Black Country area?  The adverts on your buses say £10, but on the site is £13, could you clarify which is the live price on your machines?

still advertised as 10 pound on 30810, false advertisement?

This should have now been corrected

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: bewminster on October 23, 2013, 02:24:45 PM
Simon
How many pushchairs are allowed on a bus at any one time un folded  , recently  I have been on several services where there
have been 3 , some of the vehicles did have space  for 2  .  when the gangways are blocked by them it is difficult to get passed them. even without carrying anything.   do not get me wrong not any pushchair or trying to get any driver in trouble
. just bring this to your attention as it posse a health and safety issues. and also if people  trip while trying to get pass one they would  my a claim against   you   

Dear Bewminster

It very much depends upon which vehicle it is and what it has been certified to.  The certification is typically listed above were the driver sits, if you are able to provide more specific information I will look into this

Simon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk