News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 14, 2013, 06:29:43 AM
Quote from: Winston on October 14, 2013, 01:22:12 AM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 02, 2013, 03:40:33 PM
Quote from: Winston on October 01, 2013, 09:28:30 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 01, 2013, 08:44:30 PM
Quote from: Winston on September 29, 2013, 09:16:20 PM
Hi Simon,

I notice Scott's Yourbus business has now withdrawn the entire Nottingham Uni Hopper fleet after the contract was lost, is there any possibility that Rotala could acquire the 2 x 10 plate B7RLE/Plaxton Centro's for either Wessex or Diamond @ Tividale (i.e. 3601/2 BK10MFX/MFY) & the 2 x 10 plate ADL E300's for Diamond @ Redditch (1402/1403 SN10CDF/CDK),

Sorry, for the delay in response.

He has told me is looking to dispose of his deckers, but at no point has he told me these are for sale.

Hi Simon,

Thanks the reply, maybe what was posted with them all quoted as being withdrawn was more of an assumption than fact then?

I don't honestly know what he intends to do with them.

Hi Simon,

If you're not already aware, Scott's 10 plate ADL E300's & 10 plate B7RLE/Plaxton Centros are currently for sale at Ensignbus

http://www.ensignbus.com/2010-enviro-300.html
http://www.ensignbus.com/2010-volvo-b7rle.html

Surely, they would make ideal purchases for Redditch (E300's) & Tividale\Long Acre or Wessex (B7RLE)

He wants more than we are willing to pay

Simon

That's a shame, they would have been ideal. I assume First Group may well snap them up

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 07, 2013, 04:16:46 PM
Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on October 04, 2013, 10:26:28 PM
I would be interested to know what happened to 30806 today on the 002 about 1 o'clock as quite frankly what happened could have caused a huge incident and it is very fortunate that no passengers or other drivers were hurt, my praise goes out to the driver who coped very well and managed to get it somewhere near the kerb at least, it seemed that either the handbrake or footbrake just jammed fully on at about 30 MPH, sending the bus swinging to the rear and coming to an abrupt halt, with no electrics working and the engine just dying, did it ever restart? Or did it have to be towed?

We need to investigate the incident.  However, the cause of the incident was to do with the Batteries and not the braking system.

Failed again today 5:30 just coming into Bartley Green! Causing traffic congestion in the rush hour, this bus fails about once a week it seems! Not a fan at all, the seats are just so unsuited for a journey from one end to the other

PM

Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 14, 2013, 06:27:52 AM
Quote from: DiamondDart on October 13, 2013, 11:11:53 AM
Thanks for all your replies Simon

Just a couple more, though

First, there are a fair few blue diamond solos I havent seen in a while so some must be off the road. Are there plans to repair them and bring them back into service or just use them for spares?

Are there also any plans for the ex yourbus presidents currently at long acre?

Thanks again

Peter

Peter

Which Solo's specifically do you refer? 

The deckers are for Sale.

Simon

Are the presidents pretty much beyond use then? And wouldnt it have been easier to have just sold the lot to stafford bus centre or sold the eclipses instead of swapping eclipses for presidents with yourbus and then trying then to sell the presidents?

Solos I havent seen in a while are:

MX06BRV and
Specifically

Also are there any plans in hand for changes to the tividale fleet in the near future as its not long now until the october changes kick in when you said that fleet requirements would be re-assessed

Thanks

Peter

Matt.N0056

Quote from: DiamondDart on October 14, 2013, 10:44:06 PM

First, there are a fair few blue diamond solos I havent seen in a while so some must be off the road. Are there plans to repair them and bring them back into service or just use them for spares?

Thanks again

Peter

Peter

Simon

Are the presidents pretty much beyond use then? And wouldnt it have been easier to have just sold the lot to stafford bus centre or sold the eclipses instead of swapping eclipses for presidents with yourbus and then trying then to sell the presidents?

MX06BRV and
Specifically

Also are there any plans in hand for changes to the tividale fleet in the near future as its not long now until the october changes kick in when you said that fleet requirements would be re-assessed

Thanks

Peter

I think MX06 BRV has been withdrawn 

Simon Dunn

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on October 14, 2013, 06:10:16 PM
I would be interested to know what happened to 30806 today on the 002 about 1 o'clock as quite frankly what happened could have caused a huge incident and it is very fortunate that no passengers or other drivers were hurt, my praise goes out to the driver who coped very well and managed to get it somewhere near the kerb at least, it seemed that either the handbrake or footbrake just jammed fully on at about 30 MPH, sending the bus swinging to the rear and coming to an abrupt halt, with no electrics working and the engine just dying, did it ever restart? Or did it have to be towed?

We need to investigate the incident.  However, the cause of the incident was to do with the Batteries and not the braking system.

Failed again today 5:30 just coming into Bartley Green! Causing traffic congestion in the rush hour, this bus fails about once a week it seems! Not a fan at all, the seats are just so unsuited for a journey from one end to the other

We are looking into this

Simon Dunn

Thanks again

Peter

Peter

Simon

MX06BRV and
Specifically

Thanks

Peter

Peter,

When I took the presidents, I thought overall the deal was right.  I have had numerous enquiries for the vehicles since acquisition, people seem to be struggling with getting finance. 

MX06BRV - had an electrical fire and there is no way that is returning to service.
20826 - We initially have had problems getting bits.  When SF54ORC was written off, we acquired the salvage and we are slowly repairing 20826, using the bits off this one.

I have not committed to do anything yet with Tividale.  We would like to replace some of the older vehicles and at the same time increase the split of longer buses.  We need to see what opportunities come our way.

Simon 

Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 15, 2013, 07:35:20 AM
[/qu

We are looking into this

belts off this time
it's been a while....

the trainbasher

Has diamond ever thought about extending the signature brand elsewhere within the network?

For example a Stourbridge Signature network?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: 4747 on October 15, 2013, 07:57:12 AM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 15, 2013, 07:35:20 AM
[/qu

We are looking into this

belts off this time

Yes, you are correct

PM

Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 15, 2013, 07:42:19 AM

Thanks again

Peter

Peter

Simon

MX06BRV and
Specifically

Thanks

Peter

Peter,

When I took the presidents, I thought overall the deal was right.  I have had numerous enquiries for the vehicles since acquisition, people seem to be struggling with getting finance. 

MX06BRV - had an electrical fire and there is no way that is returning to service.
20826 - We initially have had problems getting bits.  When SF54ORC was written off, we acquired the salvage and we are slowly repairing 20826, using the bits off this one.

I have not committed to do anything yet with Tividale.  We would like to replace some of the older vehicles and at the same time increase the split of longer buses.  We need to see what opportunities come our way.

Simon

Thats good that rotala have had enquiries for them and thanks for clarifying the solo situation. Thanks for the reply about tividale but if MCVs are being sold from heathrow, what is going to replace them down there as I wasn't aware that rotala had lost contracts. Do these contracts specify a certain type/age of vehicle or not just out of interest. Thanks again  Peter

sonic2009

Long time lurker, new poster.

Question to Rotala Management.

Fares on 141, 142, 143..

Using these services between Bromsgrove Bus Station & Bromsgrove Train station i have found different fares on the different services and what seems to me like diffrent replys from Rotala Customer services.

A few weeks ago i used the 141 which is the most direct bus to the station via New Road it's £1.30 single & £2.00 return

I then used the 143 a few days later which goes via Charford which is £1.40 single and £2.30 return, on this bus i saw that a return to Finstall which is after the railway station is £2.00 return, i queried this with Diamond CS and they replied it's £3.90, fair enough problem solved.

I used the 142 last wednesday at 0827 from the bus station, this time Bromsgrove Rail Station was £2.30 & Finstall was £2.00 return, i emailed customer services again, yet to have no reply and queried this again.

I bought the £2.00 finstall return and just got off at the station, i don't understand how it can be more for the Train Station (Photo attached)

I have a few ideas for the Bromsgrove Fare issues, which i will raise when your network review is in town on the 21st.

I would like to see a minimum fare option of £1.30 single in Bromsgrove £2.10 return, as these different fares for different buses is ridiclous.

I would also like Diamond, Hansons, First and MRD Travel to come together to offer a Bromsgrove Connecta ticket for say £3.00, this would may it a lot easier for people to travel from Catshill to Bromsgrove Railway Station/Morrisons without paying for two bus tickets.

Thank you.

Cedric

Quote from: sonic2009 on October 16, 2013, 02:16:17 PM

Fares on 141, 142, 143..

Using these services between Bromsgrove Bus Station & Bromsgrove Train station i have found different fares on the different services and what seems to me like diffrent replys from Rotala Customer services.

A few weeks ago i used the 141 which is the most direct bus to the station via New Road it's £1.30 single & £2.00 return

I then used the 143 a few days later which goes via Charford which is £1.40 single and £2.30 return, on this bus i saw that a return to Finstall which is after the railway station is £2.00 return, i queried this with Diamond CS and they replied it's £3.90, fair enough problem solved.

I used the 142 last wednesday at 0827 from the bus station, this time Bromsgrove Rail Station was £2.30 & Finstall was £2.00 return, i emailed customer services again, yet to have no reply and queried this again.

I bought the £2.00 finstall return and just got off at the station, i don't understand how it can be more for the Train Station (Photo attached)

I have a few ideas for the Bromsgrove Fare issues, which i will raise when your network review is in town on the 21st.

I would like to see a minimum fare option of £1.30 single in Bromsgrove £2.10 return, as these different fares for different buses is ridiclous.

I would also like Diamond, Hansons, First and MRD Travel to come together to offer a Bromsgrove Connecta ticket for say £3.00, this would may it a lot easier for people to travel from Catshill to Bromsgrove Railway Station/Morrisons without paying for two bus tickets.

Thank you.
The Connecta tickets scheme is a Worcestershire county council  thing  there are details on there web site but can see on for Bromsgrove suggest you look at ther site in case I missed something  might be worth and phone call or email to them and getting in touch  with dirstrict / county counclir or even mp.   if I am right in thinking  , because there are not many route in Bromsgrove think in my coame under county connecta ticket not 100% sure on that . here is the link which will take you to the right  page  http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/cms/buses-in-worcestershire/multi-operator-ticketing.aspx
diamond 8\10/125/292

Dylan4579

Have diamond ever considered running a route from west bromwich to perry barr?

sonic2009

Quote from: bewminster on October 16, 2013, 02:46:14 PM

Quote from: sonic2009 on October 16, 2013, 02:16:17 PM

Fares on 141, 142, 143..

Thank you.
The Connecta tickets scheme is a Worcestershire county council  thing  there are details on there web site but can see on for Bromsgrove suggest you look at ther site in case I missed something  might be worth and phone call or email to them and getting in touch  with dirstrict / county counclir or even mp.   if I am right in thinking  , because there are not many route in Bromsgrove think in my coame under county connecta ticket not 100% sure on that . here is the link which will take you to the right  page  http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/cms/buses-in-worcestershire/multi-operator-ticketing.aspx ,

There's plenty of routes that accept the County Connecta, that if a Bromsgrove one was implmented could easily accept them :

144/144a First
141/142/143/202/183/X3 Diamond
007 Central Buses
318 Hansons
93/97/98 MRD Travel

bususer12

Quote from: bususer12 on October 07, 2013, 03:07:28 PM
Quick Question, how much is an adult week ticket for the birmingham and Black Country area?  The adverts on your buses say £10, but on the site is £13, could you clarify which is the live price on your machines?

still advertised as 10 pound on 30810, false advertisement?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk