News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on October 09, 2013, 01:59:08 PM
Hi Simon

Looking at the recent fleetchanges, why does it seem that coaches are sold and then very similar ones acquired-surely easier to just keep them
Are there plans to move even more solos down to wessex?
Why is 20856 a probable write off-doesnt it just have minor damage at the back?
Are there plans to reinstate any more/repaint any more older darts in addition to 30382/30388
Will any euro2 mpds like the W361 one be repainted/prepped for service or is the plan to withdraw them
Why are VGX darts being withdrawn when older ones like 30382 are entering service?

Dear Diamond Dart,

Coaches

Without knowing the specific examples, it is difficult to comment.  So I will ansswer your questions generally about coaches.  When we stopped operating the National Express contract, we had too many coaches.  So we were looking to dispose of 14 vehicles (the NX number) and we therefore disposed of whatever we could for fair value.  After National Express took the vehicles, we looked to acquire suitable vehicles to operate the work we had left - everything I ever do has a reason. 

Solo's

We have a fluid position in the South West, we have some capacity issues, and some of the routes which have capacity issues have problems with small vehicles.  So the honest answer is I am not sure, but I don't think so.

Upon rear impact the bus popped one side window, and if you look underneath the bus the chassis is bent.  The vehicle is now a confirmed write off.

Other Darts

We do not need anymore vehicles.  However, over the last few winters we seem to have around half a dozen written off by third party accidents and hence why we increasing our spare capacity.

W361ABD

We intend to make fit for service both W361ABD and W366ABD again for the same reason we have made spare 30382/8

W336VGX

This was written off by third party insurers following an accident.  We have been paid in full, and the third party have recovered the salvage

W335VGX

I need to look at.  I am told it is quite badly damaged.

I think that is everything

Simon

PM

Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 10, 2013, 06:01:53 AM
Hi Simon

Looking at the recent fleetchanges, why does it seem that coaches are sold and then very similar ones acquired-surely easier to just keep them
Are there plans to reinstate any more/repaint any more older darts in addition to 30382/30388
Will any euro2 mpds like the W361 one be repainted/prepped for service or is the plan to withdraw them
Why are VGX darts being withdrawn when older ones like 30382 are entering service?

Dear Diamond Dart,

Coaches

Without knowing the specific examples, it is difficult to comment.  So I will ansswer your questions generally about coaches.  When we stopped operating the National Express contract, we had too many coaches.  So we were looking to dispose of 14 vehicles (the NX number) and we therefore disposed of whatever we could for fair value.  After National Express took the vehicles, we looked to acquire suitable vehicles to operate the work we had left - everything I ever do has a reason. 

Solo's

We have a fluid position in the South West, we have some capacity issues, and some of the routes which have capacity issues have problems with small vehicles.  So the honest answer is I am not sure, but I don't think so.

Upon rear impact the bus popped one side window, and if you look underneath the bus the chassis is bent.  The vehicle is now a confirmed write off.

Other Darts

We do not need anymore vehicles.  However, over the last few winters we seem to have around half a dozen written off by third party accidents and hence why we increasing our spare capacity.

W361ABD

We intend to make fit for service both W361ABD and W366ABD again for the same reason we have made spare 30382/8

W336VGX

This was written off by third party insurers following an accident.  We have been paid in full, and the third party have recovered the salvage

W335VGX

Simon

Thanks very much for your replies Simon

With regard to coaches, I meant the fact that plaxton panthers are being acquired and also plaxton panthers are being sold-admittedly they are slightly older but still not at all old vehicles. Does rotala still view coaches out of long acre as a valuable bit of its portfolio and if long acre closed, where would operate these coaches?

Sorry-didnt realise the extent of the damage to 20856

Understand about the darts-unfortunately thats the case in winter...

Thanks for your reply about the VGX darts-but do you plan to repaint any more darts into blue diamond livery-I'm thinking of the Y211/2HWJ darts, W337VGX, W567JVV in other words newer darts...

Would you consider buying more secondhand euro3 darts?

Was the new WF streetlite prepped at long acre?

Why were 30638/9 acquired at kidderminster-why werent solos transferred across from long acre and then these 2 newer solos acquired at wessex as it would save repainting both lots of buses, one set into and the other out of diamond livery

Also, why were they numbered in the 30- series as isnt this meant for bigger buses?

Thanks again

Peter

John

Quote from: John on September 20, 2013, 12:43:37 PM
There are two Darts in Wessex livery. They are 20602 (KU52 YJZ) and 20606 (KV51 KZH).

There is a third Dart in the old Wessex/Central Connect White and blue. Saw all 3 today. It is a W reg MPD (Not a W-DNO).

I don't know if it a recent arrival, but I can not find a similar vehicle on Tony's fleetlist

Cedric

Quote from: DiamondDart on October 10, 2013, 11:39:57 AM
Hi Simon

Dear Diamond Dart,

Coaches

Solo's

Other Darts

W361ABD

W336VGX

W335VGX

Simon

With regard to coaches, I meant the fact that plaxton panthers are being acquired and also plaxton panthers are being sold-admittedly they are slightly older but still not at all old vehicles. Does rotala still view coaches out of long acre as a valuable bit of its portfolio and if long acre closed, where would operate these coaches?

Thanks for your reply about the VGX darts-but do you plan to repaint any more darts into blue diamond livery-I'm thinking of the Y211/2HWJ darts, W337VGX, W567JVV in other words newer darts...

Why were 30638/9 acquired at kidderminster-why werent solos transferred across from long acre and then these 2 newer solos acquired at wessex as it would save repainting both lots of buses, one set into and the other out of diamond livery

Also, why were they numbered in the 30- series as isnt this meant for bigger buses?

Thanks again

Peter
might be that 30638/9 are 37 seaters  that  they have been  put in the 30-- series
diamond 8\10/125/292

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: John on October 10, 2013, 06:47:10 PM
There is a third Dart in the old Wessex/Central Connect White and blue. Saw all 3 today. It is a W reg MPD (Not a W-DNO).

I don't know if it a recent arrival, but I can not find a similar vehicle on Tony's fleetlist

An old 'friend', W572JVV, it's on the Hallmark page.

John

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on October 10, 2013, 09:23:37 PM

Thanks Dave. I take it 20572 has been withdrawn from Wessex and brought up to Diamond, with it been on the Hallmark fleetlist?

winston

Quote from: John on October 10, 2013, 09:26:47 PM
Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on October 10, 2013, 09:23:37 PM

Thanks Dave. I take it 20572 has been withdrawn from Wessex and brought up to Diamond, with it been on the Hallmark fleetlist?

John,

Wessex is also Hallmark, the Bristol / Heathrow & Long Acre Hallmark allocations are all on there

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on October 10, 2013, 11:39:57 AM
Hi Simon

Dear Diamond Dart,

Coaches

Solo's

Other Darts

W361ABD

W336VGX

W335VGX

Simon

Thanks again

Peter

Peter

Coaches

We have a number of Contracted coach operations, for which we have agreed to replace the 2004 vehicles with 2007/8 versions.  The contract involves around 9 coaches daily, and we would move each vehicle to its closest starting depot.  This would involve Redditch and Tividale

Darts

If it  involved trading up some of our older stuff, possibly.

WF Streetlite

We dont paint any vehicles at any of our depots.  We do all the prep work ourselves.

30638/9

These 2 buses are 10.2 metres long.  The threshold for fleet numbers starting 3, is longer than 9.9m.

The Solos we have transferred are actually owned by FHL, and not DBCL.  The blue we use in Bath is the same as the Blue we use in Birmingham.  So the vinyls will be changed and they will be used in Bath.

Simon

bususer12

Any reason why 20805 was 15 minutes late heading towards Dudlley on the 226 now? The bus infront and behind are right on time?   

PM

Thanks for all your replies Simon

Just a couple more, though

First, there are a fair few blue diamond solos I havent seen in a while so some must be off the road. Are there plans to repair them and bring them back into service or just use them for spares?

Are there also any plans for the ex yourbus presidents currently at long acre?

Thanks again

Peter

Dylan4579

How Frequently are you going to run on the 41?

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 02, 2013, 03:40:33 PM
Quote from: Winston on October 01, 2013, 09:28:30 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 01, 2013, 08:44:30 PM
Quote from: Winston on September 29, 2013, 09:16:20 PM
Hi Simon,

I notice Scott's Yourbus business has now withdrawn the entire Nottingham Uni Hopper fleet after the contract was lost, is there any possibility that Rotala could acquire the 2 x 10 plate B7RLE/Plaxton Centro's for either Wessex or Diamond @ Tividale (i.e. 3601/2 BK10MFX/MFY) & the 2 x 10 plate ADL E300's for Diamond @ Redditch (1402/1403 SN10CDF/CDK),

Sorry, for the delay in response.

He has told me is looking to dispose of his deckers, but at no point has he told me these are for sale.

Hi Simon,

Thanks the reply, maybe what was posted with them all quoted as being withdrawn was more of an assumption than fact then?

I don't honestly know what he intends to do with them.

Hi Simon,

If you're not already aware, Scott's 10 plate ADL E300's & 10 plate B7RLE/Plaxton Centros are currently for sale at Ensignbus

http://www.ensignbus.com/2010-enviro-300.html
http://www.ensignbus.com/2010-volvo-b7rle.html

Surely, they would make ideal purchases for Redditch (E300's) & Tividale\Long Acre or Wessex (B7RLE)

Simon Dunn

Quote from: bususer12 on October 11, 2013, 08:51:46 AM
Any reason why 20805 was 15 minutes late heading towards Dudlley on the 226 now? The bus infront and behind are right on time?

I am not aware of any specific reason

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on October 13, 2013, 11:11:53 AM
Thanks for all your replies Simon

Just a couple more, though

First, there are a fair few blue diamond solos I havent seen in a while so some must be off the road. Are there plans to repair them and bring them back into service or just use them for spares?

Are there also any plans for the ex yourbus presidents currently at long acre?

Thanks again

Peter

Peter

Which Solo's specifically do you refer? 

The deckers are for Sale.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on October 14, 2013, 01:22:12 AM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 02, 2013, 03:40:33 PM
Quote from: Winston on October 01, 2013, 09:28:30 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 01, 2013, 08:44:30 PM
Quote from: Winston on September 29, 2013, 09:16:20 PM
Hi Simon,

I notice Scott's Yourbus business has now withdrawn the entire Nottingham Uni Hopper fleet after the contract was lost, is there any possibility that Rotala could acquire the 2 x 10 plate B7RLE/Plaxton Centro's for either Wessex or Diamond @ Tividale (i.e. 3601/2 BK10MFX/MFY) & the 2 x 10 plate ADL E300's for Diamond @ Redditch (1402/1403 SN10CDF/CDK),

Sorry, for the delay in response.

He has told me is looking to dispose of his deckers, but at no point has he told me these are for sale.

Hi Simon,

Thanks the reply, maybe what was posted with them all quoted as being withdrawn was more of an assumption than fact then?

I don't honestly know what he intends to do with them.

Hi Simon,

If you're not already aware, Scott's 10 plate ADL E300's & 10 plate B7RLE/Plaxton Centros are currently for sale at Ensignbus

http://www.ensignbus.com/2010-enviro-300.html
http://www.ensignbus.com/2010-volvo-b7rle.html

Surely, they would make ideal purchases for Redditch (E300's) & Tividale\Long Acre or Wessex (B7RLE)

He wants more than we are willing to pay

Simon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk