News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: bususer12 on September 30, 2013, 11:55:48 PM
Quote from: bususer12 on September 07, 2013, 06:24:06 PM
Hi Simon, Diamond do seem to behave better now on the 226, although one thing that is annoying is the tendered timetable. It gives 15 minutes to get from Dudley to Wordsley Hospital, which in all the years that I have caught the bus, has never got to Wordsley on time(xx.30).  I understand that Centro have the say in tendered timetables, but If there was a way to show them that they have it wrong, it would be good.

When I set out for my bus, sometimes it will arrive at xx.35, or xx.45, depending on the driving sstyle of driver and type of day.

Any Joy on getting Centro to look at the tendered timetable/

I will chase up, what is happening.

Sorry for the delay

Simon Dunn

The Streetlites start to enter service tomorrow in Redditch.

They are intended to be used primarily at this stage on 51/55/56.

Westy

Seeing you are changing the 301 end of October,  any chance of leaflets to coincide?

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 01, 2013, 08:44:30 PM
Quote from: Winston on September 29, 2013, 09:16:20 PM
Hi Simon,

I notice Scott's Yourbus business has now withdrawn the entire Nottingham Uni Hopper fleet after the contract was lost, is there any possibility that Rotala could acquire the 2 x 10 plate B7RLE/Plaxton Centro's for either Wessex or Diamond @ Tividale (i.e. 3601/2 BK10MFX/MFY) & the 2 x 10 plate ADL E300's for Diamond @ Redditch (1402/1403 SN10CDF/CDK),

Sorry, for the delay in response.

He has told me is looking to dispose of his deckers, but at no point has he told me these are for sale.

Hi Simon,

Thanks the reply, maybe what was posted with them all quoted as being withdrawn was more of an assumption than fact then?

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 01, 2013, 08:48:41 PM
The Streetlites start to enter service tomorrow in Redditch.

They are intended to be used primarily at this stage on 51/55/56.

Was it the 5 x Door Forward models that are due for Redditch?

Do you have any dates set as yet for possible changes to the RH & KR networks following the reviews you are currently undertaking?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on October 01, 2013, 09:20:59 PM
Seeing you are changing the 301 end of October,  any chance of leaflets to coincide?

At this point, this will be actioned.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on October 01, 2013, 09:28:30 PM
Hi Simon,

I notice Scott's Yourbus business has now withdrawn the entire Nottingham Uni Hopper fleet after the contract was lost, is there any possibility that Rotala could acquire the 2 x 10 plate B7RLE/Plaxton Centro's for either Wessex or Diamond @ Tividale (i.e. 3601/2 BK10MFX/MFY) & the 2 x 10 plate ADL E300's for Diamond @ Redditch (1402/1403 SN10CDF/CDK),

He has told me is looking to dispose of his deckers, but at no point has he told me these are for sale.

Hi Simon,

Thanks the reply, maybe what was posted with them all quoted as being withdrawn was more of an assumption than fact then?

I don't honestly know what he intends to do with them. 

Cedric

why is Kidderminster getting old big bus from Redditch and Redditch getting all the new ones could the not be share out between the two depots
diamond 8\10/125/292

PM

Quote from: Simon Dunn on October 02, 2013, 03:39:29 PM
Quote from: Westy on October 01, 2013, 09:20:59 PM

At this point, this will be actioned.

What changes are being made?

wilmotm (Matt Wilmot)

I would be interested to know what happened to 30806 today on the 002 about 1 o'clock as quite frankly what happened could have caused a huge incident and it is very fortunate that no passengers or other drivers were hurt, my praise goes out to the driver who coped very well and managed to get it somewhere near the kerb at least, it seemed that either the handbrake or footbrake just jammed fully on at about 30 MPH, sending the bus swinging to the rear and coming to an abrupt halt, with no electrics working and the engine just dying, did it ever restart? Or did it have to be towed?

nitromatt1

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on October 04, 2013, 10:26:28 PM
I would be interested to know what happened to 30806 today on the 002 about 1 o'clock as quite frankly what happened could have caused a huge incident and it is very fortunate that no passengers or other drivers were hurt, my praise goes out to the driver who coped very well and managed to get it somewhere near the kerb at least, it seemed that either the handbrake or footbrake just jammed fully on at about 30 MPH, sending the bus swinging to the rear and coming to an abrupt halt, with no electrics working and the engine just dying, did it ever restart? Or did it have to be towed?

I know this probably isn't the cause, but what happens if the master switch is turned off whilst the bus is driving?

sonic84

Hi Simon,

When can we looking forward to seeing any changes from the Redditch and Kidderminster reviews being implemented?

Cheers

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on October 01, 2013, 09:28:30 PM
Hi Simon,

Hi Simon,

Winston,

He is looking to dispose of the vehicles.  From my perspective, the value he wants is more than I would be willing pay

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: bewminster on October 02, 2013, 11:53:46 PM
why is Kidderminster getting old big bus from Redditch and Redditch getting all the new ones could the not be share out between the two depots

We moved some routes from Redditch to Kidderminster on 1st October, at that point some buses were transferred from Redditch to undertake the work.

the trainbasher

Has anyone thought at diamond of extending the 4s that terminate at West Bromwich to Blackheath with another 4 running as a 4M to compete against NXWM?

Or even launching a Walsall to Dudley via Oldbury and the 121 route as part of the 4?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk