News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on September 23, 2013, 01:02:49 PM
Hi Simon,

Thanks for all of your replies!

Just one other thing that crossed my mind, why are Rotala choosing to dispose of their ADL Dart SLF/MCV Evolutions when the original decision to dispose of the 23 x MAN/MCV Evolutions was primarily down to MAN?

Winston,

A number of reasons;

1.  We have too many vehicles and selling some straight will allow me to trade, some of the vehicles we don't need.
2.  There are more fuel efficient alternatives available.
3.  You have to question how long MCV will stay committed to the UK Market and whilst I can I will continue to sell them.

Simon

Cedric

Quote from: Simon Dunn on September 23, 2013, 10:06:29 AM
Quote from: bewminster on September 22, 2013, 10:17:37 PM
Simon 
two little points for your   Saturday the 21st I travelled on a solo working the 18 45 no 10 from offmore farm to Kidderminster
and it  had posters in  with the Veolia  name on ,  sorry can not remember fleet no  , and Friday the 20th travelled on 20654
on a 10 in same dircection and it had posters in with transdev Lancaster  united on  , think some of the Kidderminster buses need looking at by that and having posters removing  and  replacing , with ones with diamond

These should have been removed before entering service.  Thank you.
simon just been  on same solo  it is 20639 
typing error should be 30639
diamond 8\10/125/292

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on September 23, 2013, 01:51:58 PM
Quote from: Winston on September 23, 2013, 01:02:49 PM
Hi Simon,

Thanks for all of your replies!

Just one other thing that crossed my mind, why are Rotala choosing to dispose of their ADL Dart SLF/MCV Evolutions when the original decision to dispose of the 23 x MAN/MCV Evolutions was primarily down to MAN?

Winston,

A number of reasons;

1.  We have too many vehicles and selling some straight will allow me to trade, some of the vehicles we don't need.
2.  There are more fuel efficient alternatives available.
3.  You have to question how long MCV will stay committed to the UK Market and whilst I can I will continue to sell them.

Simon

Thanks Simon, hadn't considered point 3 - at present MCV don't appear to be selling much in any great quantity and also there are numerous MCV bodies vehicles remaining un-sold on the second-hand market generally on MAN chassis

I notice from the latest RouteOne that Scania are discontinuing to offer the Omnicity & its replacement in RHD format from Euro 6, I assume this actually refers to the Omnilink as Omnicities are no longer available. I'm not sure how many Scania/Irizar I3 buses will sell in the UK http://www.route-one.net/issues/505/index.html#/8/
The one pictured in Routeone appears to be a high floor example

PM

Hi Simon-thanks for all your replies

Just a couple of very quick questions

Will all the BA MCVs be coming up to Long Acre for a bit before they are sold? If so, what will replace them down at Heathrow?

Also, wouldnt running the 122 from tividale save some dead mileage, same with running the 133 from kidderminster, also reducing the number of vehicles required at redditch slightly.

Thanks again

Cedric

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 23, 2013, 04:06:35 PM

Will all the BA MCVs be coming up to Long Acre for a bit before they are sold? If so, what will replace them down at Heathrow?

Also, wouldnt running the 122 from tividale save some dead mileage, same with running the 133 from kidderminster, also reducing the number of vehicles required at redditch slightly.

Thanks again
I think the same about the 133 
diamond 8\10/125/292

Simon Dunn

Thanks again

We have agreed last night to sell another 3 to New Zealand.  All the buses that we have been sold have been prepared in the West Midlands, and there are some extensive cleaning requirements.  So yes, they will be brought up here.

From next Monday, we are changing some of the location of the bus workings from Redditch to Kidderminster.  We have indentified a number of buses which will be closer from Kidderminster than Redditch.  I believe the 133 is one of these.

Simon

Solo1

Which buses/services  are moving to kidderminster
From Redditch thanks

Sayeed

Hi, I would like to make suggestion and it's about 122. Is it possible to extend the route to the Four Dwellings School by former 443 route? I used the service regularly when 443 ran and from my observation, it only used by OAPs and school pupils to avoid catching 24 and 11A/C.

Век живи - век учись

Sh4318

The 443 was always dead, but only required one bus, it was withdrawn from Diamond in 2008(?), so it might not be financially viable
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Solo1 on September 24, 2013, 07:12:18 AM
From Redditch thanks

S006, 833, 133, 141 which equates to 3 buses.

Solo1

Quote from: Simon Dunn on September 24, 2013, 01:02:54 PM
Quote from: Solo1 on September 24, 2013, 07:12:18 AM
From Redditch thanks

S006, 833, 133, 141 which equates to 3 buses.
What buses are moving from Redditch of is there enough buses
at Kidderminster for the above services

winston

Hi Simon,

I notice Scott's Yourbus business has now withdrawn the entire Nottingham Uni Hopper fleet after the contract was lost, is there any possibility that Rotala could acquire the 2 x 10 plate B7RLE/Plaxton Centro's for either Wessex or Diamond @ Tividale (i.e. 3601/2 BK10MFX/MFY) & the 2 x 10 plate ADL E300's for Diamond @ Redditch (1402/1403 SN10CDF/CDK),

fleetline6477

Thanks again

With reference to your point about moving the 122 to Tividale. The route starts and finishes at Bearwood rather than Oldbury, so I don't think there is much int it. Also the driver who does the relief trip 1330 dep Bearwood and 1400 dep Oldbury then goes across to Solihull and eventually takes up the late night journeys on S3.

bususer12

Quote from: bususer12 on September 07, 2013, 06:24:06 PM
Hi Simon, Diamond do seem to behave better now on the 226, although one thing that is annoying is the tendered timetable. It gives 15 minutes to get from Dudley to Wordsley Hospital, which in all the years that I have caught the bus, has never got to Wordsley on time(xx.30).  I understand that Centro have the say in tendered timetables, but If there was a way to show them that they have it wrong, it would be good.

When I set out for my bus, sometimes it will arrive at xx.35, or xx.45, depending on the driving sstyle of driver and type of day.

Any Joy on getting Centro to look at the tendered timetable/

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on September 29, 2013, 09:16:20 PM
Hi Simon,

I notice Scott's Yourbus business has now withdrawn the entire Nottingham Uni Hopper fleet after the contract was lost, is there any possibility that Rotala could acquire the 2 x 10 plate B7RLE/Plaxton Centro's for either Wessex or Diamond @ Tividale (i.e. 3601/2 BK10MFX/MFY) & the 2 x 10 plate ADL E300's for Diamond @ Redditch (1402/1403 SN10CDF/CDK),

Sorry, for the delay in response.

He has told me is looking to dispose of his deckers, but at no point has he told me these are for sale.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk