News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Which pre-2005 citaros did rotala sell out of interest and thanks for all your replies-sorry for all the questions!!

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on September 09, 2013, 06:31:35 AM
7 are 10.8m DF versions, 5 are 9.5m versions.  We acquired 3 about a year ago for Preston.  Since then we have been evaluating them.  When we acquire any vehicle we have to assess what is best value for money.  We consider the deal we have done with Wrights to be best value for money at this present moment in time.

Simon,

Re: the Streetlites you have an order,

From the South Yorkshire forum, a senior figure at FSY (Olive Grove) depot is quoted as saying:

'Modifications now being carried out to Streetlites to enable them to operate at night without interior light problems, operation should settle down to 52/76s and plans afoot to maximise useage at weekends due to impressive MPG figures. There are a few niggles to sort out mainly electrical but most are performing ok'

They are the DF max type currently replacing B7L/Wright Eclipse in Sheffield

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on September 15, 2013, 10:02:30 AM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on September 15, 2013, 07:47:12 AM
Quote from: ge321321 on September 14, 2013, 09:04:45 PM
Hi Simon,

How much do you want for this?

http://search.knightfrank.co.uk/cpd184834
Following our acquisition of Redditch and Kidderminster, some of the work operated from Long Acre is now nearly as Close from Redditch.  This provides the opportunity to reassess our depot Footprint, and Knight Frank are the acting agents for both Long Acre and Shady Lane (We have a 40+ year lease). 

We have not made a firm decision as yet, but we are considering our options and for the right offer would consider Sale of all, Sublet either all or part.

In terms of a Sale Price, the agent is quoting £2.75 million.

Simon,

It obviously makes good business sense to vacate and sell Long Acre if sufficient work can't be found in the short/medium term to bolster the allocation and fill it to its full potential. In doing so subsequently it will reduce Rotala Plc/Diamond's overheads going forward..... Obviously disposing of an un-required asset such as Shady Lane makes perfect sense, the proceeds of any sales can then be re-injection back in to the business or used to pay down some of Rotala Plc debt

Is the £2.75 Million for both properties I take it?

Would Rotala Plc HQ have to find a new head office somewhere or could this function be moved in to Tividale in the event of Long Acre being sold or sub-let?

Winston

The £2.75 million is the value of the Long Acre property.

Although Shady Lane can be sold, we foresee a more likely solution to sublet part of it.

We do not believe we will rent/lease/sell all the site to one person.  We have not as yet decided, this is exactly what we want to do.  We are considering our options, one option if we do recieve an offer for the asking price is that the Unit next door to Tividale is for Sale.  Potentially we could relocate our Head Office staff to the site current depot/ acquire the unit next door for the Operational team and combine all the site into one.

There are potentially other things we could, not sell Beacon House (part of Long Acre)

We are at present exploring options.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: the #trainbasher on September 15, 2013, 11:58:40 AM
Hi Simon,

One thing I've noticed whilst browsing the diamond site is that it does not contain any of the network changes that have been made since the network map was made in Oct 2012.

Is there any plans for marketing to change it and also would mini network maps (eg Redditch, Kidderminster, the Black Country) work on there as a way for folks in those areas to see specific routes without some of the restrictions the big network map has?

I believe the site has been updated.  What do you think is out of date?

With regards mini network maps.  This is not something we have previously considered.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 15, 2013, 04:21:25 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on September 15, 2013, 07:28:41 AM
Quote from: DiamondDart on September 14, 2013, 11:24:40 AM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on September 14, 2013, 07:54:03 AM
Quote from: DiamondDart on September 13, 2013, 06:38:21 PM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on September 13, 2013, 05:53:55 PM
Quote from: DiamondDart on September 12, 2013, 10:12:25 PM
Thanks for your replies Simon-just a couple more questions
1) Is R610YCR still in service or not-has it been withdrawn yet?
2)Do you plan to sell AE10CSF soon seeing as others of the type have gone and it is a one off in the WMids?
3)Do you plan to repaint KX57OVV soon or concentrate the MAN/centro type at any one depot as opposed to them being everywhere but kidderminster?
4) Which do you prefer-a plaxton centro or a wright eclipse? Just out of interest
5) What are your "favourite" buses run by diamond-ie best from an operational perspective, most reliable, cheapest to run, best value etc
6) Could rotala bring out a west midlands guide like the ones for redditch and kidderminster like arriva has done to raise awareness of the diamond network?

Thanks again  :)

1.  It is still in service at present, but is due for imminent withdrawel
2.  We have an offer from New Zealand, which we are considering.
3.  No plan at present.
4.  Wright Eclipse.

Mercedes Engine, Optare Solo up to 9.5m
Volvo B7RLE Wright Eclipse - 12m.
Volvo B7RLE Wright Eclipse Gemini/ Scania OmniDeck (not currently available due to not being whole type approved) - Double Deck

6.  it is something we should do.  However, until the network is stable this is difficult

Thanks for all your replies again Simon!

Interesting to hear about CSF potentially going to new zealand as well soon and also interesting that you prefer eclipses over centros-sorry if it seemed a weird question but I was just intrigued as rotala have bought both types so can compare them directly. Personally, I prefer centros in terms of appearance and I like the royale ones-so do passengers as people often say about how its a posh bus when they pop up on unfamiliar routes. I understand your point about a network guide entirely-I guess its pointless to spend money on a quickly outdated guide.  Also interesting about your favourite buses-I too like eclipse gemini's, b7rles, but also MAN/centros, MAN/evolutions and dart slfs.

Where abouts is R610YCR at the moment as I havent been able to find it anywhere for ages. I imagine its at kidderminster and when is it coming off service?

Thanks again

The build quality on an eclipse is far superior to that of a Centro.

From memory I believe R610YCR is in Kidderminster and the plan is to remove and a number of other vehicles from Redditch and Kidderminster when the V registration darts from Wessex enter service/New Streetlites and Deckers are removed

That is interesting about build quality and thanks for the info about YCR-will try to get across to kidderminster soon and I imagine the buses leaving redditch soon will be the deckers, T418MNH?, old MPDs, S405JUA and R455CCV? Am I right or miles off?!

Thanks again

At the moment we have too many spares in Redditch.  Once, we get this better under control we should not need any of the ex Diamond darts which have been transferred in

Thanks Simon-will these be going back to tividale soon as there as some routes there that need extra capacity and larger buses on the 142 at the moment might be an idea due to the holdups buses are getting very busy-know this isnt diamonds fault but might be an idea or maybe reduce the fares for a bit like in evesham as I overheard people talking about not catching it any more and that might be a way of keeping more custom

The intention is for the buses to be withdrawn.  I was not aware there were timing issues on the 142.

I will forward your comments.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 15, 2013, 04:26:46 PM
Which pre-2005 citaros did rotala sell out of interest and thanks for all your replies-sorry for all the questions!!

Going back a long time we had the following Mercedes Citaro's

BU53AYA
BW05LGW
KX05KDZ
BU04EXS

Simon Dunn

Quote from: DiamondDart on September 15, 2013, 04:26:46 PM

Going back a long time, we had the following Citaro's

BU53AYA
BW05LGW
BU04EXS
KX05KDZ

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on September 15, 2013, 10:42:17 PM
7 are 10.8m DF versions, 5 are 9.5m versions.  We acquired 3 about a year ago for Preston.  Since then we have been evaluating them.  When we acquire any vehicle we have to assess what is best value for money.  We consider the deal we have done with Wrights to be best value for money at this present moment in time.

Simon,

From the South Yorkshire forum, a senior figure at FSY (Olive Grove) depot is quoted as saying:

'Modifications now being carried out to Streetlites to enable them to operate at night without interior light problems, operation should settle down to 52/76s and plans afoot to maximise useage at weekends due to impressive MPG figures. There are a few niggles to sort out mainly electrical but most are performing ok'

I am not aware of this problem with Streetlites.

I have asked them about the problem this morning, and they claim on the later vehicles which we will recieve it has been resolved.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Simon Dunn on September 16, 2013, 07:20:44 AM
Quote from: the #trainbasher on September 15, 2013, 11:58:40 AM
Hi Simon,

One thing I've noticed whilst browsing the diamond site is that it does not contain any of the network changes that have been made since the network map was made in Oct 2012.

Is there any plans for marketing to change it and also would mini network maps (eg Redditch, Kidderminster, the Black Country) work on there as a way for folks in those areas to see specific routes without some of the restrictions the big network map has?

I believe the site has been updated.  What do you think is out of date?

With regards mini network maps.  This is not something we have previously considered.

Simon

Hi Simon

I should have made myself clear

http://diamondbuses.com/network.html

This is what I meant when I said that it does not contain any of the network changes that have been made since the network map was made in Oct 2012.

It still shows routes like the 17 and does not show any of the ex First routes Diamond had now.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on September 16, 2013, 07:16:53 AM

Winston

Although Shady Lane can be sold, we foresee a more likely solution to sublet part of it.

We do not believe we will rent/lease/sell all the site to one person.  We have not as yet decided, this is exactly what we want to do.  We are considering our options, one option if we do recieve an offer for the asking price is that the Unit next door to Tividale is for Sale.  Potentially we could relocate our Head Office staff to the site current depot/ acquire the unit next door for the Operational team and combine all the site into one.

There are potentially other things we could, not sell Beacon House (part of Long Acre)

Thanks Simon,

Interesting stuff, is the site next door to Tividale that is currently for sale the glass re-processors? or the site that you turn right in to off Hallbridge Way that backs on to the canal?

I guess acquring that site would make sense and keep all Wm operations under one roof/on one site. Most of Diamond's routes can be run from Tividale without too much dead mileage

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on September 16, 2013, 07:28:54 AM

Simon,

I have asked them about the problem this morning, and they claim on the later vehicles which we will recieve it has been resolved.

Sorry Simon, I should have made the post a bit clearer, FSY (Olive Grove) were initially not too impressed to be receiving 41 x Streetlites, it was the 'impressive MPG figures' and the fact they are talking more positively about them that I was trying to unsuccessfully to highlight, obviously this is even in hilly terrains of Sheffield.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on September 16, 2013, 09:26:03 AM

Winston

Thanks Simon,

Interesting stuff, is the site next door to Tividale that is currently for sale the glass re-processors? or the site that you turn right in to off Hallbridge Way that backs on to the canal?

I guess acquring that site would make sense and keep all Wm operations under one roof/on one site. Most of Diamond's routes can be run from Tividale without too much dead mileage

Its the glass site, which is for sale

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Winston on September 16, 2013, 09:30:54 AM
Quote from: Simon Dunn on September 16, 2013, 07:28:54 AM

Simon,

Sorry Simon, I should have made the post a bit clearer, FSY (Olive Grove) were initially not too impressed to be receiving 41 x Streetlites, it was the 'impressive MPG figures' and the fact they are talking more positively about them that I was trying to unsuccessfully to highlight, obviously this is even in hilly terrains of Sheffield.

Winston

Thank you.

The Streetlites will replace Ex London Double Deckers, so I am sure you can imagine the difference in MPG's

Simon

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on September 16, 2013, 05:24:50 PM
Quote from: Winston on September 16, 2013, 09:26:03 AM

Winston

Thanks Simon,

Its the glass site, which is for sale

Simon,

That's the better of the two properties, as it would also allow you to be able to extend the Tividale yard in front of the engineering block if an offer was made/accepted. Sounds as though it may be worth snapping it up as a bolt-on regardless of whether or not you decide to vacate Long Acre. You'd then have the potential in the future to make Tividale in to one super depot & Rotala HQ if desired and/or increase capacity at Tividale ;)

Do Rotala own or lease the overflow yard on the opposite side of the road to the depot?

winston

Quote from: Simon Dunn on September 16, 2013, 05:26:30 PM

Winston

Thank you.

The Streetlites will replace Ex London Double Deckers, so I am sure you can imagine the difference in MPG's

Simon

Simon, no problem, it seems that the DF Max Streetlites are growing on FSY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk