News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Wba_lad on February 29, 2024, 04:37:20 PMIm assuming 32260 and 32261 will be coming back to west midlands, hopfully come back to tividale. 32322 and 32323 i assume they will come back to west midlands possibly back to tividale. will tividale revieve anymore streetdecks with this change happening? will tividale keep 20180 or will that go to kiddy to match 20181?
You must have missed this bit of Simon's reply:

Quote from: Simon Dunn on February 28, 2024, 07:49:56 AMYes it is a permanent transfer.  After 1st March we will register around 30 new buses in Manchester.  This will mean a large number of vehicles will transfer out to Preston, Heathrow and the Midlands.  Exactly what - we haven't exactly decided yet.

Simon

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Stu on February 29, 2024, 11:03:14 PMYou must have missed this bit of Simon's reply:

32260/61 will return to the Midlands.

All of the 2018* will end up at Heathrow.   

The 16 plate Streetlites will eventually end up in Preston, together with all the SK18*** Streetlites.

Stu

Moderator note

A reminder to all members that this topic is for asking pertinent questions to Simon Dunn for him to answer.

Please use other threads for general comments and questions that other forum members can easily answer.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Jay71

Today 40838 @ 1044 refused to stop at the first stop after Moor St. Deliberately went into the outside lane so that he/she didn't have to pull in at the bus stop. This is unacceptable 

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jay71 on March 07, 2024, 10:47:43 AMToday 40838 @ 1044 refused to stop at the first stop after Moor St. Deliberately went into the outside lane so that he/she didn't have to pull in at the bus stop. This is unacceptable
We have reviewed the CCTV.   We have identified the driver and we will take appropriate action.

Solo1

30926 on 42 left at 1426 from west brom came in  1412 when should of left 1417 

Wba_lad

Is 40714 coming to tividale

@Wba_lad - you don't need to check what I've posted on the forum with Simon, my info came from Simon in the first place, Winston. 

Jay71

Poor service on the 42 last night. Driver being deliberately late.  Maybe you can ask him why he left WB @ 2117 instead of 2110.  I won't name him, but we both know that this driver does this on a regular basis

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jay71 on March 12, 2024, 10:02:17 AMPoor service on the 42 last night. Driver being deliberately late.  Maybe you can ask him why he left WB @ 2117 instead of 2110.  I won't name him, but we both know that this driver does this on a regular basis
We have had a number of complaints on this forum about this service.  That feedback has led to the driver involved being trained/ retained/ and discussions around the importance of on time operation with the underlying objective of improving reliability.   

This comment does not relate to that driver.  The CCTV has been reviewed and we do not consider there is anything suspicious about the service.  I am advised that the service arrived into West Brom 3 minutes late, the vehicle unloaded and reloaded and then left.  On occasion this will happen.

Simon   

Ryan Hack

Local papers and new outlets in Preston have reported that Preston Bus and Stagecoach Preston may be in the running for ZEBRA backed electric buses. Can you comment further on that. If you can how many do you aim for Preston Bus and what routes.

https://www.blogpreston.co.uk/2024/01/electric-buses-set-to-be-introduced-to-services-in-preston-city-centre/  here is one article  about the EVs

@Ryan Hack - The info you require is all on Rotala's website, link below, Winston

https://www.rotala.uk/news/rotala-plans-significant-investment-in-carbon-reduction-technologies.html

Jay71

Tonight. Can you explain why 20886 didn't leave Upper Dean St at 2030. I know that the bus arrived at Upper Dean St at about 2037.  

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Ryan Hack on March 20, 2024, 07:39:05 PMLocal papers and new outlets in Preston have reported that Preston Bus and Stagecoach Preston may be in the running for ZEBRA backed electric buses. Can you comment further on that. If you can how many do you aim for Preston Bus and what routes.

https://www.blogpreston.co.uk/2024/01/electric-buses-set-to-be-introduced-to-services-in-preston-city-centre/  here is one article  about the EVs

@Ryan Hack - The info you require is all on Rotala's website, link below, Winston

https://www.rotala.uk/news/rotala-plans-significant-investment-in-carbon-reduction-technologies.html
I presume Winston has answered this.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jay71 on April 03, 2024, 08:41:50 PMTonight. Can you explain why 20886 didn't leave Upper Dean St at 2030. I know that the bus arrived at Upper Dean St at about 2037. 
Obviously if the bus arrives late - it won't leave on time.

Jay71

Quote from: Simon Dunn on April 06, 2024, 09:54:20 AMObviously if the bus arrives late - it won't leave on time.
Why did you or one of your colleagues tell the driver to change the destination board to say 'Sorry, Not In Service'?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jay71 on April 06, 2024, 12:57:57 PMWhy did you or one of your colleagues tell the driver to change the destination board to say 'Sorry, Not In Service'?
Sorry - why do you think we did?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk