News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on January 29, 2022, 04:06:50 PM
Hi Simon, looks like streetlite 32305 at Bolton is tracking as Citaro 33022. Just spotted it on 533 near me.

I have asked Bolton to correct

Thank you

IMarkeh

Hi Simon, compliance may be at 88% on the bods system however that is only taking into account the 'critical' issues. There are 86 advisory issues on the system and they seem to correlate with the same issues that I am seeing on 3rd party journey planners.

For example, the 557 only calls at timing points, no other stops?
On Sundays the 458 doesn't serve Kingston Cromwell Road?

There are plenty more. These errors mean that passengers using 3rd party journey planners are being given false information and likely being told to walk further to access the services. The more walking, the less people use the bus and consequently, you will be losing passengers as a result of this poor data.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: IMarkeh on January 31, 2022, 08:07:11 PM
Hi Simon, compliance may be at 88% on the bods system however that is only taking into account the 'critical' issues. There are 86 advisory issues on the system and they seem to correlate with the same issues that I am seeing on 3rd party journey planners.

For example, the 557 only calls at timing points, no other stops?
On Sundays the 458 doesn't serve Kingston Cromwell Road?

There are plenty more. These errors mean that passengers using 3rd party journey planners are being given false information and likely being told to walk further to access the services. The more walking, the less people use the bus and consequently, you will be losing passengers as a result of this poor data.

This is being worked on across all the depots

HTA844N

Hi Simon

Service 22 had a request from TfWM to serve Wednesbury Parkway tram stop. I've been using this service a while now and it has never been into the tram stop.

It's a regular driver, he knew nothing about it. Could you check and inform drivers according.

Thank you :)

Simon Dunn

Quote from: HTA844N on February 03, 2022, 02:37:01 PM
Hi Simon

Service 22 had a request from TfWM to serve Wednesbury Parkway tram stop. I've been using this service a while now and it has never been into the tram stop.

It's a regular driver, he knew nothing about it. Could you check and inform drivers according.

Thank you :)

The service is timetabled to service the Parkway.   I have reviewed todays operation and the service has served Wednesbury parkway.  CAn you give me more specific information, when it didn't, date and time and we will investigate further

Simon

HTA844N

Today I travelled on the 14:15 journey from Tipton Rail Station to Wednesbury. Parkway tram stop was not served.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: HTA844N on February 03, 2022, 04:04:10 PM
Today I travelled on the 14:15 journey from Tipton Rail Station to Wednesbury. Parkway tram stop was not served.

You are correct.  I apologise.  We will take corrective action, so this doesn't happen again

WWH44L

Hi Simon, 32305 is still tracking as 33022 at Bolton. Also, not sure what's tracking as 30030 as well. This is a Citaro that I'm led to believe left the fleet long ago but has been tracking again today on the 507 then the X22.

Also can you confirm if some of the streetdecks have been 'unbranded' as I'm pretty sure one 40812 was out on  507 unbranded from the 36/37.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on February 05, 2022, 09:56:45 PM
Hi Simon, 32305 is still tracking as 33022 at Bolton. Also, not sure what's tracking as 30030 as well. This is a Citaro that I'm led to believe left the fleet long ago but has been tracking again today on the 507 then the X22.

Also can you confirm if some of the streetdecks have been 'unbranded' as I'm pretty sure one 40812 was out on  507 unbranded from the 36/37.

I have spoken to our Bolton depot and they will resolve the Ticket Machine issue.  In terms of the branding, I am advised by the Commercial Manager that 40812 has never been branded for the 36/7 and no vehicles have been unbranded

WWH44L

Hi Simon, couple of ticket machine tracking issues again today at Bolton. 32220 and 33019 have both tracked today as 40749 on service 533 for some reason. The Streetdeck has been tracking as itself at the same time.

The spare machine has also been tracking too on service 582 and then 575 but not sure which vehicle it is.

Cheers

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on February 21, 2022, 09:05:12 PM
Hi Simon, couple of ticket machine tracking issues again today at Bolton. 32220 and 33019 have both tracked today as 40749 on service 533 for some reason. The Streetdeck has been tracking as itself at the same time.

The spare machine has also been tracking too on service 582 and then 575 but not sure which vehicle it is.

Cheers

Thank you.  I believe this has now been actioned

Simon

Westy

Evening Simon.

Any idea what happened to the vehicle, that should've done the 1536 326 from Bilston to Bloxwich today?

Normally, at that point, according to Bustimes.org,  there should be 3 vehicles on the service.

Today, there was only 2 tracking.

Was there a breakdown or a different reason?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on March 10, 2022, 07:16:41 PM
Evening Simon.

Any idea what happened to the vehicle, that should've done the 1536 326 from Bilston to Bloxwich today?

Normally, at that point, according to Bustimes.org,  there should be 3 vehicles on the service.

Today, there was only 2 tracking.

Was there a breakdown or a different reason?

I am advised that our Tracking systems shows that 20057 left Bilston Bus Station 4 minutes late.

Westy

Quote from: Simon Dunn on March 12, 2022, 06:52:01 PM
I am advised that our Tracking systems shows that 20057 left Bilston Bus Station 4 minutes late.

I was in Willenhall until 1610 approx & never saw it.

So would it have shown up on Diamond's own bus tracking app, as the other 2 buses on the route were showing up on Bustimes.Org?

WWH44L

Hi Simon,

Looks like there are a couple of vehicles tacking as two buses at Bolton:

Something is tracking as Eccles based 20054 and 32304 is double tracking. I suspect they are 33003 and 40737 which are both in service but not tracking at the moment.

Also, what's the status of Citaros 33011/15/24 as they've not tracked for months and 33013/17 which last tracked in January?

Cheers 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk