News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Simon - Was there a reason the Mellors were specified with the radios in the first place, as, to be honest, it's something you don't tend to see on service buses anyway, plus if anyone who wants to listen to a radio should really put headphones in?

(Mind you, considering the rubbish you can be subjected to,  by the 'music by the mobile phone' brigade, the choices of Smooth & Ghr, that I've heard, were an improvement in my opinion!)

Or were the Mellors ready to be purchased quickly & the radio was a happy addition?

Simon Dunn

Radios came as standard when we acquired the vehicles

WWH44L

Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 28, 2021, 07:47:14 AM
Thank you.

I have forwarded to the OM to resolve

Simon

Thanks Simon, also do you know how long the 4 Streetdecks from
Bolton are going to be on loan at Preston?  Are there any plans to buy in more deckers at Preston in the near future?

Cheers

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on December 29, 2021, 08:24:58 AM
Thanks Simon, also do you know how long the 4 Streetdecks from
Bolton are going to be on loan at Preston?  Are there any plans to buy in more deckers at Preston in the near future?

Cheers

Which four StreetDecks are you referring to?

Simon

WWH44L

Quote from: Simon Dunn on December 29, 2021, 12:47:16 PM
Which four StreetDecks are you referring to?

Simon

They are 40725/35/59/842. They've been there over a month now so was wondering if they are covering for VORs or until something else comes in. Pretty sure I read somewhere that secondhand deckers were being considered as replacement for some of Preston's older ones.

Simon Dunn

They are short term hires and will return as we get on top of long term VOR's

BN

30413 looks smart, anymore of the fleet been identified for paint Simon?
Also is there a new vehicle order this year?
Thanks

Simon Dunn

Quote from: BN on January 08, 2022, 10:20:18 AM
30413 looks smart, anymore of the fleet been identified for paint Simon?
Also is there a new vehicle order this year?
Thanks

We will continue to paint the vehicles which look the worst or have some sort of damage which means they need a substantial repair.  This was the case with 30413

In terms of new vehicles.  The majority of our vehicles operate in areas in which their is a desire to move to Zero Emissions by 2030.  This means for "normal" bus operation it is become difficult for our business to acquire Diesel versions.

Therefore our focus is very much on looking at Electric vehicles.  We see no reason to entertain gas for our current type of operation.  To make this work from a financial perspective we need DfT support, and we need to wait and see what happens with the National Bus Strategy.  We have expressed an interest to work with Lancashire and Worcestershire on the plans and we need to see what happens in the next few months as the DfT set out their agenda around the National Bus Strategy and ZEBRA.

The easy answer to your question is that we have no orders and no commitments to buy vehicles at present.  What I have said explains the reasons why.   

Simon

BN

Quote from: Simon Dunn on January 08, 2022, 03:21:02 PM
We will continue to paint the vehicles which look the worst or have some sort of damage which means they need a substantial repair.  This was the case with 30413

In terms of new vehicles.  The majority of our vehicles operate in areas in which their is a desire to move to Zero Emissions by 2030.  This means for "normal" bus operation it is become difficult for our business to acquire Diesel versions.

Therefore our focus is very much on looking at Electric vehicles.  We see no reason to entertain gas for our current type of operation.  To make this work from a financial perspective we need DfT support, and we need to wait and see what happens with the National Bus Strategy.  We have expressed an interest to work with Lancashire and Worcestershire on the plans and we need to see what happens in the next few months as the DfT set out their agenda around the National Bus Strategy and ZEBRA.

The easy answer to your question is that we have no orders and no commitments to buy vehicles at present.  What I have said explains the reasons why.   

Simon
Thanks Simon.

Jack

Is 20744 going to return to service, don't think it's been out since 2020?

Also will the ex Bolton B7RLE's back at Tividale have their green logos changed for red ones?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jack on January 09, 2022, 11:42:35 PM
Is 20744 going to return to service, don't think it's been out since 2020?

Also will the ex Bolton B7RLE's back at Tividale have their green logos changed for red ones?

20744 will go back into service.

We will get the B7's changed

IMarkeh

Hi Simon, I just want to bring to your attention the fact that the Diamond South East Bus Open Data is up the wall with almost all routes having errors including, but not limited to, missing stops, times missing for certain en route stops (only stops with times are the timing points, other missing out timing points but times for all other stops. It's a bit of a mess.

Secondly, I ask when will Diamond be updating their National Operator Code to reflect the change? It's still under Hallmark Connections.

Thirdly, I think it would be worth you uploading open data for the HotelHoppa buses. I say this because the Hotel Hoppa services are wrong on journey planners and the data on the Traveline database is also wrong. While I know it is not a requirement for you to do this, it will help you since passengers will have correct information rather than whatever random stuff is being sent out by Traveline and TFL and whatever.

Hope this helps.

the trainbasher

Quote from: IMarkeh on January 28, 2022, 06:39:15 PM
Hi Simon, I just want to bring to your attention the fact that the Diamond South East Bus Open Data is up the wall with almost all routes having errors including, but not limited to, missing stops, times missing for certain en route stops (only stops with times are the timing points, other missing out timing points but times for all other stops. It's a bit of a mess.

Secondly, I ask when will Diamond be updating their National Operator Code to reflect the change? It's still under Hallmark Connections.

Thirdly, I think it would be worth you uploading open data for the HotelHoppa buses. I say this because the Hotel Hoppa services are wrong on journey planners and the data on the Traveline database is also wrong. While I know it is not a requirement for you to do this, it will help you since passengers will have correct information rather than whatever random stuff is being sent out by Traveline and TFL and whatever.

Hope this helps.

Several WM routes are in the same state too.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

WWH44L

Hi Simon, looks like streetlite 32305 at Bolton is tracking as Citaro 33022. Just spotted it on 533 near me.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: IMarkeh on January 28, 2022, 06:39:15 PM

Hope this helps.

The BODS platform has gone through recent system changes which has affected the reliability of all bus operators data.   We are working to correct..  At present I am told our compliancy is 88%

Simon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk