News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WWH44L

Hi Simon, I noticed the following Citaros at Bolton haven't tracked in a good few months:
33011/15/16/19/24/29/30, do you know of any issues with these, is it the availability of parts?

Also a few StreetDecks haven't tracked since September/October, 40737/89/94/811/21/29, are there any particular issues with these ones?

Many thanks

LancashireLad

40794 was on the 471 on 23 October, when I visited my father-in-law grave at Heywood.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on November 06, 2021, 04:53:02 PM
Hi Simon, I noticed the following Citaros at Bolton haven't tracked in a good few months:
33011/15/16/19/24/29/30, do you know of any issues with these, is it the availability of parts?

Also a few StreetDecks haven't tracked since September/October, 40737/89/94/811/21/29, are there any particular issues with these ones?

Many thanks

We are in the process of putting a lot of the Citaros through EvoBus to clear up any issues.

I am aware there are 5 StreetDecks waiting Engine under warranty - I would imagine this is the main cause of these VOR's

WWH44L

Cheers Simon, thought that would be the case.

WWH44L

Hi Simon, just a couple of questions regarding NW ops:

Versas 30404/5 are both tracking again at Bolton. Are these off the for sale list now?
20836 & 30910 have been tracking too at Bolton but these have long been sold, presume whatever the ticket machines are in haven't been updated to the correct fleet number
Something is tracking again as Bolton spare, not sure what though.

Can you tell us why 30850 plus one other have moved to the Midlands? Anything replacing then at Bolton?

Are all the remaining Streerlites at Bolton and Eccles moving to Preston?

Finally, can you tell us which Preston Citaros are now running out of Bolton? Seems to be confusion especially around 33009.

Thanks again 👍

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on November 24, 2021, 03:36:45 PM
Hi Simon, just a couple of questions regarding NW ops:

Versas 30404/5 are both tracking again at Bolton. Are these off the for sale list now?
20836 & 30910 have been tracking too at Bolton but these have long been sold, presume whatever the ticket machines are in haven't been updated to the correct fleet number
Something is tracking again as Bolton spare, not sure what though.

Can you tell us why 30850 plus one other have moved to the Midlands? Anything replacing then at Bolton?

Are all the remaining Streerlites at Bolton and Eccles moving to Preston?

Finally, can you tell us which Preston Citaros are now running out of Bolton? Seems to be confusion especially around 33009.

Thanks again 👍

1. 30404/5

If we receive a fair offer we will sell.  If we don't we will keep

2.  20836 & 309

I have just asked Bolton to look at this

3.  30850

We have moved some of the fleet around to spread the spare capacity we have.  PVR is around 492.  We have around 618 vehicles.  We see opportunities to take out the slack across the business and hence why we have moved vehicles

4.  Streetlites

There are a collection of contractual and Air Quality requirements.  We are moving the fleet to maximize the number of vehicles we can use.  Some of the shorter 68 plates will move to Preston, not the longer versions.

5.  Fleet List

Our fleet list is accurate which Tony receives monthly.  Some of the Citaro movement is again, around making sure we maximize the available fleet.  It is worth in progress and there are a lot of moving parts.

As they move our fleet list is updated and I am sure he will update his page

Thank you

Tony

Quote from: Simon Dunn on November 24, 2021, 07:13:58 PM

5.  Fleet List

Our fleet list is accurate which Tony receives monthly.  Some of the Citaro movement is again, around making sure we maximize the available fleet.  It is worth in progress and there are a lot of moving parts.

As they move our fleet list is updated and I am sure he will update his page

Thank you

Yes, Simon sends me a list at the beginning of every month and I compare it to the previous one to find changes, post them on the changes page and update the fleet list. Occasionally I do miss a move or make a mistake, but I think the fleetlist is currently accurate as of 1/11/21 as I did a full comparison to the company one in October

WWH44L

Thanks Simon for your quick and comprehensive reply. Much appreciated

Westy

Simon - Can you ask Tividale to either update or remove the bus posters regarding the changes to the partnership routes dated August please, seeing the arrangement has changed again?

I know the posters are on the Solos used on the 326, but stands a good chance of being on all Tividale vehicles.

(Also I know one of the Streetlites displayed on it's internal screen as well!)

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on December 06, 2021, 04:01:53 PM
Simon - Can you ask Tividale to either update or remove the bus posters regarding the changes to the partnership routes dated August please, seeing the arrangement has changed again?

I know the posters are on the Solos used on the 326, but stands a good chance of being on all Tividale vehicles.

(Also I know one of the Streetlites displayed on it's internal screen as well!)
Thank you - I have asked for these to be updated

Trident 4194

Have the mellors had their radios disabled or are drivers instructed not to use them anymore?

WWH44L

Hi Simon, hope you're well.

Couple of ticket machine errors at Bolton I've spotted:

Long term VOR 33030 is back out but tracking as Preston's 69146 today.
Preston's 33002 is tracking at Bolton but this still VOR at Preston. Not sure if it's actually 33001 which is at Bolton but not tracked since it moved even though it's been in service.
The spare ticket machine is tracking again but not sure what it physically is.

Cheers

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 14, 2021, 05:12:45 PM
Have the mellors had their radios disabled or are drivers instructed not to use them anymore?

I am not aware that anything has been done.  I will check with our Engineering team

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on December 27, 2021, 02:39:19 PM
Hi Simon, hope you're well.

Couple of ticket machine errors at Bolton I've spotted:

Long term VOR 33030 is back out but tracking as Preston's 69146 today.
Preston's 33002 is tracking at Bolton but this still VOR at Preston. Not sure if it's actually 33001 which is at Bolton but not tracked since it moved even though it's been in service.
The spare ticket machine is tracking again but not sure what it physically is.

Cheers

Thank you.

I have forwarded to the OM to resolve

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 14, 2021, 05:12:45 PM

The radio's were disabled following numerous passenger complaints.  The final straw being complaints from a local councillor.

Simon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk