News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WWH44L

Hi Simon, it looks like 30509 at Bolton is tracking at 30859 which is now at Preston Bus. Looking at the tracking it looks like 30859 is on two routes at the same time.

Simon Dunn

B61 ANDREW

Good afternoon Simon.   Thank you for your continued input to this forum . Could you check when the front destination screen on Worcestershire based 30967 will be reset to show more than Diamond or Rotala please . I think this week is the fourth week running that only the two displays have been shown. Also , as this bus is frequently used on the new 52/52a services , it does not give passengers any clues to the new services.  Also , these services have received minimal publicity locally.  I guess Worcestershire County Council should also be  promoting these services. I have contacted them about this matter.  Thanks again.      Andrew.     

Simon Dunn

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on September 28, 2021, 02:34:17 PM
Good afternoon Simon.   Thank you for your continued input to this forum . Could you check when the front destination screen on Worcestershire based 30967 will be reset to show more than Diamond or Rotala please . I think this week is the fourth week running that only the two displays have been shown. Also , as this bus is frequently used on the new 52/52a services , it does not give passengers any clues to the new services.  Also , these services have received minimal publicity locally.  I guess Worcestershire County Council should also be  promoting these services. I have contacted them about this matter.  Thanks again.      Andrew.   
Andrew

Sorry for the delay.  I have messaged the depot now to action the blind.  We have done mail drops the line of the route.  I will speak to our marketing team and see how they felt that went.

Thank you once again

Simon

B61 ANDREW

Good Afternoon Simon.

Just a quick line to say the Worcestershire C.C , have informed me that bus stop timetables county wide are due to be updated , hopefully completed by the end of October.      Andrew.   

Simon Dunn

Quote from: B61 ANDREW on October 01, 2021, 04:51:14 PM
  Good Afternoon Simon.

Just a quick line to say the Worcestershire C.C , have informed me that bus stop timetables county wide are due to be updated , hopefully completed by the end of October.      Andrew.

Andrew

WCC Bus Service Improvement plans are ambitious.  Hopefully they will receive the DfT Support they need and we can all work together to reverse the decline in the area

Simon

WWH44L

Hi Simon, looks like there is another double tracker today. 21200 from Eccles is tracking as on a 217 (Eccles route) and also on a 562 which is a Bolton route. Pretty certain something else at Bolton has the wrong fleet number programmed in again.

Also something is tracking as the Bolton spare machine again and another as a TOR TEST. Not sure what that is though.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on October 05, 2021, 09:16:11 AM
Hi Simon, looks like there is another double tracker today. 21200 from Eccles is tracking as on a 217 (Eccles route) and also on a 562 which is a Bolton route. Pretty certain something else at Bolton has the wrong fleet number programmed in again.

Also something is tracking as the Bolton spare machine again and another as a TOR TEST. Not sure what that is though.

Thank you.  I have sent it to the depot to resolve

WWH44L

Hi Simon, something else is tracking as 20843 at Bolton. The actual bus is on the 635 today but something else is tracking as it's on the 22. Not sure is it's one of the streetdecks that have returned from loan at Preston.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on October 23, 2021, 10:00:59 AM
Hi Simon, something else is tracking as 20843 at Bolton. The actual bus is on the 635 today but something else is tracking as it's on the 22. Not sure is it's one of the streetdecks that have returned from loan at Preston.

Thank you - I have notified the OM

I love Walsall buses

Hi Simon has 32238 transferred from Tividale to Redditch

Stu

Hi Simon,

I read with interest about your first electric conversion bus going into service recently.

Obviously I wouldn't expect you to reveal details of the costings involved, and its also early days for this vehicle having had a new lease of life.

But do you think it is worthwhile to be investing such sums of money (I don't imagine it is cheap!) on converting a 13 year old vehicle to electric operation?

If so, it would certainly make the used bus market a bit more interesting, as otherwise while bus manufacturers race to acquire big orders from operators for brand new vehicles, the second hand value of used buses I would imagine is likely to take a hit, as supply otherwise outstrips demand.

But then again, if there was a viable and affordable electric (or even hydrogen?) conversion system available, older vehicles that are otherwise mechanically and internally in good nick could be candidates to be snapped up for upgrading.

Would love to hear your thoughts and insights on this!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Stu on November 02, 2021, 07:20:44 PM
Hi Simon,

I read with interest about your first electric conversion bus going into service recently.

Obviously I wouldn't expect you to reveal details of the costings involved, and its also early days for this vehicle having had a new lease of life.

But do you think it is worthwhile to be investing such sums of money (I don't imagine it is cheap!) on converting a 13 year old vehicle to electric operation?

If so, it would certainly make the used bus market a bit more interesting, as otherwise while bus manufacturers race to acquire big orders from operators for brand new vehicles, the second hand value of used buses I would imagine is likely to take a hit, as supply otherwise outstrips demand.

But then again, if there was a viable and affordable electric (or even hydrogen?) conversion system available, older vehicles that are otherwise mechanically and internally in good nick could be candidates to be snapped up for upgrading.

Would love to hear your thoughts and insights on this!

A new electric bus depending upon single or double deck, size of batteries the cost is estimated to be around £350k to £500K.  The cost increase depending up on what you consider is a like for like comparison is circa £200k+.  I have seen, spoken to various manufacturers and industry leaders and the life span of such vehicles is estimated to be anything from 8 to 30 years (I really cannot believe these will last any longer than 10-15 and on batteries will need new batteries at mid point).

A retrofits can be done for approximately half, and could extend the life of current fleet  We believe this warrants investigation and hence our investment.

Simon

BN

Hi Simon,

I notice a number of Citaros moving from Preston to Bolton, keeping a large batch together, also the withdrawal of East Lancs bodied vehicles. Is this the starting point of consolidating vehicle types at depots?
I'm sure you'd agree it's a mass advantage from an engineering perspective, skillset of staff/parts stockholding etc.

Regards

Simon Dunn

Quote from: BN on November 03, 2021, 06:49:10 PM
Hi Simon,

I notice a number of Citaros moving from Preston to Bolton, keeping a large batch together, also the withdrawal of East Lancs bodied vehicles. Is this the starting point of consolidating vehicle types at depots?
I'm sure you'd agree it's a mass advantage from an engineering perspective, skillset of staff/parts stockholding etc.

Regards

Where possible we try to do so.  That being said, it isn't always possible due to the requirements of the work/ market.

Simon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk