News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IMarkeh

Given that Preston Bus has changes coming up on the Monday (26th July), can I please ask why there is no mention of this anywhere on their website?

For a company which has 'been awarded the Best Community Travel Company - North West', this isn't very good for the communities which you serve, not knowing when or if their buses will be running next week.

This is then further not helped by the Bus Open Data entries not showing the updated information as well.

I am normally quite a big Rotala fan but this is extremely poor.

Adding to the poor Diamond North West similarly hasn't got anything for the registered timetable variations to 2 routes and the brand new 470 still has no information anywhere on the prices or details for the combined train and bus fare (everything links to the railway website but that has no reference to and 470 bus).

Standards seem to be slipping back to how things were in 2018.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: IMarkeh on July 21, 2021, 12:33:29 AM
Given that Preston Bus has changes coming up on the Monday (26th July), can I please ask why there is no mention of this anywhere on their website?

For a company which has 'been awarded the Best Community Travel Company - North West', this isn't very good for the communities which you serve, not knowing when or if their buses will be running next week.

This is then further not helped by the Bus Open Data entries not showing the updated information as well.

I am normally quite a big Rotala fan but this is extremely poor.

Adding to the poor Diamond North West similarly hasn't got anything for the registered timetable variations to 2 routes and the brand new 470 still has no information anywhere on the prices or details for the combined train and bus fare (everything links to the railway website but that has no reference to and 470 bus).

Standards seem to be slipping back to how things were in 2018.

Upon receipt of your message this morning, I have spoken to our North West team.  I am advised that everything has now been updated.  I am sorry this has not happened before now.

I am not sure I understand your Bus Open Data comment.  I know we are working through system integration issues known by the DfT, an we are hopeful they will be resolved soon. 

If there is anything still missing, please let me know.

Simon

IMarkeh

Hi Simon, still no official notice on the Preston Bus site about the changes nor any updated timetables for the routes which have registered changes (6, 8, 23, 35), no notice of the 19A being withdrawn.

Every route, on the 'tickets' page makes reference to the 75. 112 and 114 which you no longer run and it still says about the exact fare policy.
The actual tickets page still shows all of the LCC tickets with references to routes which you no longer operate and tickets which you no longer accept due to you not running the routes.

Adding to that but unrelated to Preston Bus, all of the things which I emailed through to you a few months ago with the Diamond website, nothing has been updated there.

It's such a shame to see as Rotala was on the up but it seems that someone within the North West business has given up a bit and isn't updating the website which passengers rely upon to get information. It's your online presence, how can people get the right fare or plan a journey when the websites are showing old information. I really hope Rotala returns to just 2 years ago when everything was on the up rather than letting things slip back to 2018.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: IMarkeh on July 21, 2021, 11:38:05 PM
Hi Simon, still no official notice on the Preston Bus site about the changes nor any updated timetables for the routes which have registered changes (6, 8, 23, 35), no notice of the 19A being withdrawn.

Every route, on the 'tickets' page makes reference to the 75. 112 and 114 which you no longer run and it still says about the exact fare policy.
The actual tickets page still shows all of the LCC tickets with references to routes which you no longer operate and tickets which you no longer accept due to you not running the routes.

Adding to that but unrelated to Preston Bus, all of the things which I emailed through to you a few months ago with the Diamond website, nothing has been updated there.

It's such a shame to see as Rotala was on the up but it seems that someone within the North West business has given up a bit and isn't updating the website which passengers rely upon to get information. It's your online presence, how can people get the right fare or plan a journey when the websites are showing old information. I really hope Rotala returns to just 2 years ago when everything was on the up rather than letting things slip back to 2018.

Some further changes have been updated today.  After these changes please confirm exactly what you believe is incorrect

Simon

WWH44L

Hi Simon, couple of questions plus a couple of vehicles tracking as others at Bolton:

- 33023 is tracking as 33027. Just seen it go past my house.
- 40829 & 40838 not tracking although in service. Not sure what they are tracking as though.
- Bolton Spare is also tracking again from today.

Do you know which B7RLEs are being converted into trainers, think one is 66906 that I've seen from a photo on Twitter? Looks really smart.

Finally are all the other ex First B7s that are not being converted into trainers going up to Preston Bus?

Cheers Simon,

Jason

IMarkeh

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 22, 2021, 11:58:56 AM
Some further changes have been updated today.  After these changes please confirm exactly what you believe is incorrect

Simon
I can see that most of the stuff is now done for service changes and the 470 fares. That's all really good to see. The only issues remaining are all of the issues regarding fares on the Diamond website which I emailed to you a while back. Old references to the First/GNW ticket agreement. Most of the South East division stuff is missing in the more general categories (concessionary passes, multi operator fares). Basically, you can go through every tab on the 'tickets' area of the Diamond website and you will find something wrong whether it be outdated references or things missing or it's difficult to navigate.

LancashireLad

Quote from: WWH44L on July 22, 2021, 09:38:05 PM
Do you know which B7RLEs are being converted into trainers, think one is 66906 that I've seen from a photo on Twitter? Looks really smart.

Finally are all the other ex First B7s that are not being converted into trainers going up to Preston Bus?

Cheers Simon,

Jason

Agreed Jason, I saw one the other day in the new training livery. But unfortunately, I was too far way to be to able to identify it.

Simon Dunn

Quote from: WWH44L on July 22, 2021, 09:38:05 PM
Hi Simon, couple of questions plus a couple of vehicles tracking as others at Bolton:

- 33023 is tracking as 33027. Just seen it go past my house.
- 40829 & 40838 not tracking although in service. Not sure what they are tracking as though.
- Bolton Spare is also tracking again from today.

Cheers Simon,

Jason

There is only one training bus that has been converted so far.  We need to convert a few more.   Most if not all of the balance having done these conversions will end in Preston.

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: LancashireLad on July 25, 2021, 08:54:19 PM
Agreed Jason, I saw one the other day in the new training livery. But unfortunately, I was too far way to be to able to identify it.

Things can change but the vehicles ear marked for transfer to training are 66895, 66899, 66906

Simon

Tony

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 26, 2021, 10:01:36 AM
Things can change but the vehicles ear marked for transfer to training are 66895, 66899, 66906

Simon

Hi Simon

Do you know Hartshornes can do full secondry brake conversions on B7RLEs?

Only place we found than can put a fully working second brake pedal in.

WWH44L

Quote from: Simon Dunn on July 26, 2021, 10:01:36 AM

Simon

Thanks Simon, just seen a photo of 66895 outside Bolton depot in full training livery. 👍

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Tony on July 26, 2021, 10:05:37 AM
Hi Simon

Do you know Hartshornes can do full secondry brake conversions on B7RLEs?

Only place we found than can put a fully working second brake pedal in.

Thank you

Westy

Simon - How come Diamond isn't matching Nx's diversion on the 31 / 32 between Walsall & Leamore?

You're serving less stops than Nx!

Stuharris 6360

Hi Simon,

125 liveried bus 32221 has had no working front destination display for a while now, was causing a bit of confusion when I rode it today. If they are having problems repairing it, couldn't they put the route number in the front window?

Stuart
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Westy on July 28, 2021, 08:05:55 PM
Simon - How come Diamond isn't matching Nx's diversion on the 31 / 32 between Walsall & Leamore?

You're serving less stops than Nx!

Sorry I believe we corrected this after your message. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk